Page 16 of 110 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The number 1 priority the spurs should have next season is finding out if Murray, White, Walker, Keldon, and Luka, can play together. The number 2 priority is, assuming LMA, Demar, and Gay, come back, is trying to take advantage of some team in win now mode to see if you can move one of those 3 for something useful, and useful would be a 1st round pick or another young player. Front office already made an all time mistake not trading Kawhi for young players and picks. They don't need to compound it by hanging on to guys in there mid 30's so they can continue to go home in the 1st round

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The number 1 priority the spurs should have next season is finding out if Murray, White, Walker, Keldon, and Luka, can play together. The number 2 priority is, assuming LMA, Demar, and Gay, come back, is trying to take advantage of some team in win now mode to see if you can move one of those 3 for something useful, and useful would be a 1st round pick or another young player. Front office already made an all time mistake not trading Kawhi for young players and picks. They don't need to compound it by hanging on to guys in there mid 30's so they can continue to go home in the 1st round
    Agree with everything you say except I would add in Potel and Metu. I know some are not big on these players but I think we really need to see what they do over a couple game stretch in the big league. This would be the biggest reason i could see for letting lyles go. If he stays you can and in him and Euwbanks to the list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^the Metu experiment is clearly over. The dude could not get minutes in the bubble where development was prioritized.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can a subscriber post that?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree with everything you say except I would add in Potel and Metu. I know some are not big on these players but I think we really need to see what they do over a couple game stretch in the big league. This would be the biggest reason i could see for letting lyles go. If he stays you can and in him and Euwbanks to the list.
    I had high hopes for Metu but every time I seen him play in an nba games he looks like it's the first time he ever played basketball

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had high hopes for Metu but every time I seen him play in an nba games he looks like it's the first time he ever played basketball
    I think that could be caused by not being familiar with teammates or not knowing what his role is. He does have the benefit of playing with the farm system but as we see with so many of the young guys they are all afraid to mess up. I am thinking if he could have a good run of 20 games of playing 30 mins or so it could really help him out and see what he has. In the year of playing young guys and him not having much of a cap hit I dont think it would hurt to have him play. If he is not good and we lose games it helps our draft pick. If he is good then we found someone else to play. We are going to need cheap players and him at just over a mil does not get much cheaper. He also was looked at a few year project (like luka) when they drafted him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^the Metu experiment is clearly over. The dude could not get minutes in the bubble where development was prioritized.
    Yeah, probably. Though he is cheap enough, that they may keep him for another season rather than having a random vet fit fill that spot. Especially with the Spurs being close-ish to the luxury tax.

Agreed. He did improve his play in the G-League but looked completely lost in the NBA, even in garbage time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 teams trade idea:
    Boston get: LMA
    Pacers get: Gordon Hayward
    Spurs get: Sabonis, 2 first from Boston

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that could be caused by not being familiar with teammates or not knowing what his role is. He does have the benefit of playing with the farm system but as we see with so many of the young guys they are all afraid to mess up. I am thinking if he could have a good run of 20 games of playing 30 mins or so it could really help him out and see what he has. In the year of playing young guys and him not having much of a cap hit I dont think it would hurt to have him play. If he is not good and we lose games it helps our draft pick. If he is good then we found someone else to play. We are going to need cheap players and him at just over a mil does not get much cheaper. He also was looked at a few year project (like luka) when they drafted him.
    If the Spurs had those kinds of plans for him, he would have played in the bubble. He’s had his few years. It’s not that he doesn’t know his teammates, he just is more of an athlete than a basketball player. He’s also a bit of a black hole.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 teams trade idea:
    Boston get: LMA
    Pacers get: Gordon Hayward
    Spurs get: Sabonis, 2 first from Boston
    In general I think it's reasonable if Boston wants to get an upgrade.

I don't think Indiana would do Sabonis and would instead be open to trading Turner.

There's some small additions that might have to happen to make the money work, like adding McDermott to the Spurs and Leaf to the Celtics. Maybe Indiana would demand one of Boston's picks.

But Hayward did go to college in Indianapolis and I think in general everything fits.

Either Sabonis or Turner, both are 24 and under contract for 3 more years and fit the Spurs timeline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the priority for the Pacers will be to trade away Oladipo and his expiring contract. For 1 year I think it would be worth it to take him on if we got some picks/assets out of it if the Pacers are looking to make a run.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs had those kinds of plans for him, he would have played in the bubble. He’s had his few years. It’s not that he doesn’t know his teammates, he just is more of an athlete than a basketball player. He’s also a bit of a black hole.
    I might be one of the few but I dont think the Spurs were in development mode as much as some people think. I think they did try and use more youth but it was still about winning. LMA was already out. Beli was playing till he got hurt. Gay played all but the last game. If they were trying to do development they would have done more of the last game. IM glad we got to see KJ and a more confident white but why did Beli and when he got hurt Mills need to play. We could have easily used more of Luka or Metu and slid DDR back to 3. Or even not played him and gay at all in a few more games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the priority for the Pacers will be to trade away Oladipo and his expiring contract. For 1 year I think it would be worth it to take him on if we got some picks/assets out of it if the Pacers are looking to make a run.
    But, why? They trying to build around him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But, why? They trying to build around him.
    Not sure if they have any truth to them but I've seen articles about Oladipo wanting to sign somewhere else and the team not looking to resign him after next season. Oladipo is no longer worth building around unless he stays on for a cheap contract. He was pretty bad during the regular season and the playoffs.
    Last edited by Kurik; 09-20-2020 at 10:39 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Something tells me "The Last Dance" was something our young Spurs watched and loved and now they're trying to do the same thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Something tells me "The Last Dance" was something our young Spurs watched and loved and now they're trying to do the same thing.

Apparently they requested a gym be built just for these mini camps, photos below

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so is the mini camp over? I realise it is a mini camp but still it was not very long?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shams Charania ShamsCharania

Sources: The NBA G League is seriously discussing tournament featuring the elite Ignite team — led by Jalen Green and Jonathan Kuminga — and other teams (undrafted players, etc.) in a bubble environment in November/December. Decisions are still fluid.
    7:37pm · 21 Sep 2020 · Twitter for iPhone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marc Stein @TheSteinLine

The NBA’s goal for 2020-21, Silver said, remains playing a “standard season” ... meaning 82 games plus playoffs Silver, though, acknowledged to Costas that it will most likely be a 2021 season with no games played in 2020 after completion of the NBA Bubble schedule in October
    11:06am · 22 Sep 2020 · Twitter for iPhone

Marc Stein @TheSteinLine

NBA commissioner Adam Silver tells Bob Costas on @CNN that his “best guess” is that next season will begin in January at the earliest
    11:02am · 22 Sep 2020 · Twitter for iPhone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
    2m
    Billy Donovan has agreed to a deal to become the next coach of the Chicago Bulls, sources tell ESPN.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
    14m
    Former New Orleans Pelicans general manager Dell Demps has agreed to join the Utah Jazz as an assistant coach, reuniting with Quin Snyder, sources tell ESPN.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe Spurs get lucky and someone offers Forbes a contract.

76ers have the taxpayer midlevel and Elton Brand might think Forbes is a reasonable JJ Re replacement spacing the floor for Simmons and Embiid. Plus with defenders like Simmons, Embiid, Thybulle, etc, they might think they can handle Bryn's anti-hustle.

And maybe the Bucks could want him?

I have heard Bucks podcasters talk up trading for Patty Mills, and I think I heard a 76er podcast do the same.

Hard to imagine Pop parting with either of his guys, and almost as hard thinking the braintrust behind DeMarre Carroll's killer dead money deal could even finesse a deal into happening without the Spurs somehow getting fleeced as usual.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe Spurs get lucky and someone offers Forbes a contract.
    Spurs dont need to be lucky. Not offering Brent doesnt need luck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Chris Haynes
    ChrisBHaynes
    1m
    In Clippers press release, says “Steve Ballmer and Doc Rivers have reached a mutual decision that Rivers will step down as head coach of the L.A. Clippers.”

Marc J. Spears
    marcJSpears
    1m
    New Orleans Pelicans and Philadelphia 76ers have already reached out to former Clippers head coach Doc Rivers in regards to their head coach openings, sources told @TheUndefeated.

Thread Information