Page 17 of 110 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Chris Haynes
    ChrisBHaynes
    1m
    In Clippers press release, says “Steve Ballmer and Doc Rivers have reached a mutual decision that Rivers will step down as head coach of the L.A. Clippers.”

Marc J. Spears
    marcJSpears
    1m
    New Orleans Pelicans and Philadelphia 76ers have already reached out to former Clippers head coach Doc Rivers in regards to their head coach openings, sources told @TheUndefeated.

i was just about to post this.

I think the Clippers should’ve given him until next season before letting him go but I understand why he is out as the coach in Los Angeles

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What if Pop goes to coach the Clippers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, good for Doc tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For those who think tanking works, look at the Heat. They lost LeBron to free agency, Bosh to a career ending illness, Wade to retirement. Haslem was also their core player, lost to retirement. They never tanked and now in the finals.

Sixers tanked, one of the worst regular season winning percentage, the longest losing streak. Multiple high round picks. Nothing to show for it.

The point is, tanking guarantees loses and doesn't guarantee anything more.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For those who think tanking works, look at the Heat. They lost LeBron to free agency, Bosh to a career ending illness, Wade to retirement. Haslem was also their core player, lost to retirement. They never tanked and now in the finals.

Sixers tanked, one of the worst regular season winning percentage, the longest losing streak. Multiple high round picks. Nothing to show for it.

The point is, tanking guarantees loses and doesn't guarantee anything more.
    Every possible path is highly likely to fail when it comes to a championship . . . but the reality is, was and will always be, you generally need a superstar and high end talent period and the highest probability of finding them is at or near the top of a draft (especially in a non glamor market).

The Heat aren't in this position if not for that last point because Butler, a top 15 player, isn't signing with them if they're located here for example.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMAO. Rivers caught for giving Kawhi "star treatment". Pop caught for not giving Kawhi star treatment. And remember Kawhi had missed something like 1 out of 4 games for "load management" when he got videoed in that ty bar. I guess it's hard to know exactly how to coach an Autist.

I wonder if Jerry West was on-board with firing Doc? If he wasn't, and Ballmer made the decision on his own, it could really come back to bite them on the ass. Especially since they mortgaged their future on West's advice.

And then the question of who to hire. There's no way the Clippers can hire a white guy right now. Doc was one of just five black head coaches. Maybe Pop's reputation could carry hiring him there, but I don't think many others could. Lue was already talking about head coaching jobs elsewhere, and they aren't going to give the job to Billups. I don't think they'll hand it over to Ime. Wes Unseld Jr.?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every possible path is highly likely to fail when it comes to a championship . . . but the reality is, was and will always be, you generally need a superstar and high end talent period and the highest probability of finding them is at or near the top of a draft (especially in a non glamor market).

The Heat aren't in this position if not for that last point because Butler, a top 15 player, isn't signing with them if they're located here for example.
    Butler made it clear he wasn't signing there for the beaches. He liked how the organisation held their players responsible. He is a work nut that calls out his players. Heat are well run in that regard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs get: Wiggins, #2, #14
    Warriors get: Hayward, #26
    Celtics get: LMA

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    LMAO. Rivers caught for giving Kawhi "star treatment". Pop caught for not giving Kawhi star treatment. And remember Kawhi had missed something like 1 out of 4 games for "load management" when he got videoed in that ty bar. I guess it's hard to know exactly how to coach an Autist.

I wonder if Jerry West was on-board with firing Doc? If he wasn't, and Ballmer made the decision on his own, it could really come back to bite them on the ass. Especially since they mortgaged their future on West's advice.

And then the question of who to hire. There's no way the Clippers can hire a white guy right now. Doc was one of just five black head coaches. Maybe Pop's reputation could carry hiring him there, but I don't think many others could. Lue was already talking about head coaching jobs elsewhere, and they aren't going to give the job to Billups. I don't think they'll hand it over to Ime. Wes Unseld Jr.?
    Yeah, Nick Nurse went from zero to hero riding Kawhi’s coattails.

Every other player that Doc coached had beef with him including Choke-P3 & we all know Poop was getting called out by Softridge even before Uncle Dennis put the nail in the coffin. At the end of the day, Doc met his match & that was the end of his chapter ala Dwayne Casey.

Can’t wait till Poop offers Plumlee the max & recreates the twin-tower by teaming him up with Poodle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Every other player that Doc coached had beef with him including Choke-P3 & we all know Poop was getting called out by Softridge even before Uncle Dennis put the nail in the coffin. At the end of the day, Doc met his match & that was the end of his chapter ala Dwayne Casey.

Can’t wait till Poop offers Plumlee the max & recreates the twin-tower by teaming him up with Poodle.
    keep trying

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Would rather have Plumlee than Rudy Gay tbh. Or instead of Poodle as well.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like this trade. Could see why each of the teams would do it. I would think that the warriors would want either our 11th or get the 14th and we would get the 26. I dont know how much interest they would have in Haywood but I could see him and a mid round pick being enough if they consider wiggins a negative but I dont know how much they dont like him.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Y’all the ones eating a pint of ice cream & crying about being dumped for 2 years straight

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Butler made it clear he wasn't signing there for the beaches. He liked how the organisation held their players responsible. He is a work nut that calls out his players. Heat are well run in that regard.
    Who's going to admit otherwise? Not that I think lying per se, but I also don't think he's not signing with them despite the so called cultural fit, if they're in a non glamor market.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who's going to admit otherwise? Not that I think lying per se, but I also don't think he's not signing with them despite the so called cultural fit, if they're in a non glamor market.
    It was probably a combination. Butler wanted his team and culture that suits him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Y’all the ones eating a pint of ice cream & crying about being dumped for 2 years straight
    you’re the one defending Kovid Klaw in a Spurs forum. Get a life. Go get some
    money

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will cancel our 2021 or 2022 FA’s plan and flexibility.
    Wiggins awfull contract. Selfish player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will cancel our 2021 or 2022 FA’s plan and flexibility.
    Wiggins awfull contract. Selfish player
    We much better plan to get a star through the draft and not through frre agency

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    you’re the one defending Kovid Klaw in a Spurs forum. Get a life. Go get some
    money
    Living rent free considering a post about everything Kawhi is the longest running thread, let me know when the Sperms recover from being annihilated by Uncle Dennis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The meltdown by this Kawhi nut rider lmfao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Living rent free considering a post about everything Kawhi is the longest running thread, let me know when the Sperms recover from being annihilated by Uncle Dennis.
    you still here?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Yup, rent free

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bogdan from Sac. Let's make this happen!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if we could work a trade to Saco for Bogdan and they get DEROZZ as it’s back in his home town state.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if we could work a trade to Saco for Bogdan and they get DEROZZ as it’s back in his home town state.
    He's going to be a FA

Thread Information