Page 33 of 110 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pacers got some trash contracts to make up the rest. I can’t see them trading LMA to a bad situation like Indy.
    A bad situation like being a playoff team ?

I think no matter what happens after this year LMA finds some way to end up back in Portland anyway

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cryptic Spurs tweet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cryptic Spurs tweet

Spurs are going out of business/being bought and moved imo.

It was a good run guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are going out of business/being bought and moved imo.

It was a good run guys.
    Las Vegas Spurs?
    Los Angeles Spurs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Las Vegas Spurs?
    Los Angeles Spurs?
    Mexico City Los Spurs tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A bad situation like being a playoff team ?

I think no matter what happens after this year LMA finds some way to end up back in Portland anyway
    They’re obviously busting it up if they’re shopping Miles and Dipo.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cryptic Spurs tweet
    My guess is a logo revamp, with that image being part of some video showing the evolution of the logo.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Update from ATL insider:

GS - While talks to trade out of the 2nd overall pick is still ongoing, GS has narrowed down their big board to 6 players. S. Bey, Deni A., Wiseman, Ant, Ball, and Toppin. They aren't leaning to anyone right now. They are shopping MIN 2021 1st and Wiggins for an all-star center or excellent young center. They have been in contact with Indy and Orlando about their centers Turner, Sabonis, and Vucevic. He was told Indy wasn't that interested. It's just really hard for Indy to move into the top 3 without a legit All-Star or a lottery in general. If Indy had #11 and Turner, they could get #2 right now. He is saying this will be a tough play. He said GS/PHI have been in talks for Horford/Wiggins but the issue the 3rd team to give value to PHI for Wiggins. Wiggins seems like a blocker right now for GS. It seems like they are looking to do the best possible deal for them. Like Atlanta, they have been talking to EVERYBODY!
    SA - It seems like they aren't willing to move White or Murray based on his recent findings. This will likely kill their ability to trade up.
    Nothing changed with the Clippers from what I've stated. He said everything is still the same. DeRozan wants to go back home to LA. There is odds of him getting that deal that appeals to him but I was told his market value is what LA wants to pay him which is 17-19 million which will make a well-paid 3rd to 4th option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting information lol Demar seems like such an odd fit with the clippers but who knows, will be disappointing if the spurs end up getting nothing for Demar or Aldridge

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mexico City Los Spurs tbh.
    Have you not been paying attention to the money?

It will clearly be the Shanghai Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar Derozan is not going to opt out and sign a discount deal with The Clippers. That is the fakest fake news I’ve heard this offseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Update from ATL insider:
    This information is interesting. GS is looking for an all star center or good young center and is in talks with PHI about Horford who is 34. Those same conversations had to have happened with the Spurs for LaMarcus who is 35. Wiggins and the Min 2021 pick for LMA is a no brainer. Hold on to Wiggins for the next two years and suck while these next two drafts (as I’m told) are going to be really good.

He also mentions the Spurs unwillingness to move White or Murray to move up while also mentioning if Indy had the #11 which is ours and Turner they could get the #2 right now. Maybe this is the Spurs playing a little hardball like they did back in the day saying George Hill is not available?

On the flip side in another post he mentioned the Spurs are not interested in rebuilding which would mean we hang on to both DD and LA and I’m guessing run it back with Keldon and Lonnie taking Bryn and Forbes minutes. But how many games does that team realistically win and do they even get out of the first round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just to say again, I think that ATL insider is full of . That they keep talking about the Spurs is hurting their credibility. It made some sense when the info was about SA's negotiations with Atlanta. They didn't need a Spurs source for that. Now they are talking as if they know what SA is thinking, and that's a whole different level of insider.

Regardless, I think GS is going to have a hard time making a trade if they can't get Wiggins/Horford to work out. Philly wanting more value means SA should want a lot more, and if GS isn't willing to pay, I don't know if they'd be willing to pay the higher bill. In no way is the Minny pick alone fair compensation. People underestimate both how horrible that contract is against the new financial reality and how big the drop-off from Aldridge to Wiggins is. Even if Andrew were expiring, the Spurs would need value for the exchange. That's why 2 and the Minny pick need to go out for Aldridge or DeRozan. Personally think DeMar would make more sense, since he can also lead the bench unit and maintains wing size. Even at 11, they should have a good chance at taking Smith, or Precious, who are both guys who could come in and play interesting roles in GS's long-term plans. For the Spurs, the financial implications wouldn't be great, especially if the cap shrinks. As is, the Spurs have to be thinking of RJing Derozan, so instead taking on more money with no restructuring possible may be a no-go. Definitely not just for the Minny pick though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those poor Hawks fans. He's just toying with them.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Totally agree. Doubt any big FA is signing with SA. Only way to improve is through trades and the draft...period.
    Put together a core. A really solid core of young guys who bust there ass for 48 minutes every game, and have a reasonable distribution of talent.

THEN you can get a top FA or two to come to SA.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cryptic Spurs tweet

That's a Spurs logo covered in spider webs. They're bringing Duncan out of retirement.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Daryl Morey expected to take over in Philly I expect to see them start making bigger moves. It's going to really add something to the off-season moves coming up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Daryl Morey expected to take over in Philly I expect to see them start making bigger moves. It's going to really add something to the off-season moves coming up.
    I agree. Philly is going to blow up. I don't see how the Spurs could benefit other than maybe getting a couple of assets in an Aldridge/Horford swap, but Horford is aging fast and his contract is bad. Those assets would have to be high quality.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. Philly is going to blow up. I don't see how the Spurs could benefit other than maybe getting a couple of assets in an Aldridge/Horford swap, but Horford is aging fast and his contract is bad. Those assets would have to be high quality.
    If we can get in on something there I think it'll be a 3 or 4 team deal that could net us something. Morey will cast a wide net and we'll be more apt to deal with him now that he's in the eastern conference.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's kind of hilarious in the big picture. Hinkie, a Morey protege, begins The Process up there, they ac ulate amazing assets, and then Morey would come in and start over?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's kind of hilarious in the big picture. Hinkie, a Morey protege, begins The Process up there, they ac ulate amazing assets, and then Morey would come in and start over?
    Morey can't help it, he's an inveterate wheeler-and-dealer. Philly was rumored to be making major roster changes even before they hired Morey. , that might be the reason they hired him in the first place.

Of course, Morey seems to like making deals just for the sake of making deals. Some work out, but many don't like the Westbrook trade. Hiring him was a huge gamble by Sixers ownership. Though maybe they would be okay with being the Houston of the Eastern conference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Morey can't help it, he's an inveterate wheeler-and-dealer. Philly was rumored to be making major roster changes even before they hired Morey. , that might be the reason they hired him in the first place.

Of course, Morey seems to like making deals just for the sake of making deals. Some work out, but many don't like the Westbrook trade. Hiring him was a huge gamble by Sixers ownership. Though maybe they would be okay with being the Houston of the Eastern conference.
    Woj dropped a bomb in Twitter: of the $1.5B shortfall, $200M are blamed on losses in China. Philly probably shouldn’t plan on any broadcasts or streams to PRC if they hire Morey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should try getting Simmons if he is made available. Doubt that will happen though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should try getting Simmons if he is made available. Doubt that will happen though.
    I think Simmons might be available, but SA doesn't have what Morey would want. It's gonna be interesting to see how Morey balances his own philosophy with what Rivers will want to run.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Simmons might be available, but SA doesn't have what Morey would want. It's gonna be interesting to see how Morey balances his own philosophy with what Rivers will want to run.
    All I see is disaster tbh.

Thread Information