Page 91 of 110 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 2730
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I say the Sours finish 32-50 tbh, but it should be a much more enjoyable season than last. Hopefully they move the vets by the trade deadline for something.
    Should only be 72 games in the reg season this year bruh but I wouldn't be surprised if Pop coaches em up to an extra 10 losses tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’ll be better than 500 barring injuries

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think close to or better than .500. Just cause of a commitment to defense-hopefully

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should only be 72 games in the reg season this year bruh but I wouldn't be surprised if Pop coaches em up to an extra 10 losses tbh.
    Forgot about det tbh. I'll say they go 27-45 instead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adams got a 2 yr $35mil extension. At double Poeltl's salary, I think we got pretty good value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The point kind of is regardless of being a “bad” team or not. Let’s say SA is not a terrible team but are within 3-6 games of 8th at deadline?

To me, if you aren’t taking winning at least somewhat seriously you should absolutely be prioritizing your future more. The concern is that LMA value only decreases the longer Sa waits. I don’t see many paths to his value rising.
    I understand. However, it must be noted that PATFO did actively try to trade LMA on draft night. Granted, only to one team but that's the first time they've tried to do that in the PATFO era. It just so happens this is coming off the end of their historic playoff streak in which they were most often than not contenders. This is unchartered territory for them. We can't forget how much damage Leonard and Uncle has caused this franchise. That doesn't absolve PATFO of mistakes made, especially in regards to how much leash they gave scrubs like Forbes while he was on the team. But they were dealt a really bad hand by the most selfish and unethical star player in the sport's history and it hasn't been easy digging out of that deep hole. I think we need to see how this plays out in the months ahead before deeming them as utter failures in long term planning. But I get where you're coming from.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guessing teams might see LA or DDR as potential buy out candidates depending on things progress this year...

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Adams got a 2 yr $35mil extension. At double Poeltl's salary, I think we got pretty good value.
    i'd rather be paying adams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Best 2 guard for now. Wait for Vassell.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Cousins to Houston is interesting. I wonder what they plan on doing with Harden considering he said he wants out, and no one wants Westbrook Spurs should offer LMA/DeRozan/White/1st for Harden and Tucker imo. benefits both teams, even though i despise harden
    DAF also suggested trading for harden.

but i give that a HUGE fück no. harden will ring eventually. but never as a #1 option.

why give up la, demar, white, and a 1st for a coward? especially when you can give up much less for westbrook.

demar + murray for westbrook + pj tucker >>> la + demar + white + a 1st for harden + tucker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know people are upset that we didn’t move LMA or Demar, but there will be a bunch of desperate teams at the trade deadline that look to make a championship push, I could totally see Miami, Bucks, Nets, Celtics, mavericks, 76ers try to improve there championship chances by trading for one of our vet guys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    it is NOT often that a superstar is available. and russ didn't even have a bad season last year

whoever lands him will ultimately be ecstatic because they won't even have to give up a bunch to get him.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i'd rather trade for wall + 1st round picks than trade for harden.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cousins to Houston is interesting. I wonder what they plan on doing with Harden considering he said he wants out, and no one wants Westbrook Spurs should offer LMA/DeRozan/White/1st for Harden and Tucker imo. benefits both teams, even though i despise harden
    Would rather have Westbrook than Harden. DDR/Murray/Gay for Westbrook/Tucker could work out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ists-2020-2021

I'm wondering what players people are looking at for the 2021 free agent season. I just don't see any of the major FAs considering San Antonio: Giannis, LeBron, Kawhi, PG, Gobert, etc... next level guys like Oladipo don't seem like big enough difference makers. Chris Paul will be too old. John Collins, Jonathan Isaac?
    Looking at the landscape, it feels like a trade for a major upgrade is a more likely path than a free agent signing.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 11-24-2020 at 02:08 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    John Collins would be Spurs number 1 after Greek freak rejects them.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    My dude wall sucks. Fake healthy superstar all the way.
    i don't want wall to be a spur. but i value the wizards' 1st round picks over harden.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ists-2020-2021

I'm wondering what players people are looking at for the 2021 free agent season. I just don't see any of the major FAs considering San Antonio: Giannis, LeBron, Kawhi, PG, Gobert, etc... next level guys like Oladipo don't seem like big enough difference makers. Chris Paul will be too old. John Collins, Jonathan Isaac?
    Looking at the landscape, it feels like a trade for a major upgrade is a more likely path than a free agent signing.
    I said the same thing. Isaac, Markkannen and Collins would be my targets. Doesn't make sense to offer the max to players 32 and over. Most of the known superstars are on the decline and new ones will emerge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder what would happen on this message board if we had Adams, traded Aldridge and then LA drops 40 on Adams every time we play against him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vegas has Spurs wins at 31. More or less ST and surprised at total or no?
    The new guys won't be as great as we'd want this first year, so we take a hit on wins. But it will be reduced # of games also. Combined, that's a good estimate. The season after, we could hit 50+ depending if the next 1st rounder plays significant minutes or not.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adams is horrible. If he was even average the thunder would have won against the rockets. He literally did nothing except jog up and down the court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would rather have Westbrook than Harden. DDR/Murray/Gay for Westbrook/Tucker could work out
    I’m on the same mind of thought as you and Gambit. Westbrook would fit with our team tremendously well. We would have to get rid of DDR of course, but a tough leader like Westbrook who shows the young guys how hard they should be working, who is able to drive and kick, and still has stiff left in the tank. The dude dragged in OKC to the playoffs, I have no doubt he could do if for us this year. If playoffs really is the Spurs goal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand. However, it must be noted that PATFO did actively try to trade LMA on draft night. Granted, only to one team but that's the first time they've tried to do that in the PATFO era. It just so happens this is coming off the end of their historic playoff streak in which they were most often than not contenders. This is unchartered territory for them. We can't forget how much damage Leonard and Uncle has caused this franchise. That doesn't absolve PATFO of mistakes made, especially in regards to how much leash they gave scrubs like Forbes while he was on the team. But they were dealt a really bad hand by the most selfish and unethical star player in the sport's history and it hasn't been easy digging out of that deep hole. I think we need to see how this plays out in the months ahead before deeming them as utter failures in long term planning. But I get where you're coming from.
    What I’m saying is I don’t think Sa truly tried. They no doubt shopped him and DDR and I thought the tide had truly turned. I am frankly shocked DDR is here to be honest and said as much. I thought it was 99% sure. But evidently DDR got spooked by perceived lack of interest in FA (which imo was wrong; he would have gotten paid like Hayward or close) and opted in.

SA “shopped” but asked for so much in return that it was never realistic these guys were moved. They were willing to trade but only if the package was so lopsided in their favor they could not say no. That’s because the thought of losing even 5-10 more games without lma or DDr was so unpalatable even though they added nothing to push the win total higher either.

Had nothing to do with taking on a deal that might hurt cap space some and more to do with a FO stuck firmly in the middle.

Thread Information