Page 66 of 110 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 2730
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really though. The Celtics don't need to get something for Hayward. The entire reason why he's looking to leave is because they don't need him anymore. They want to get a center, but they will have the full MLE if Hayward walks, and they have three firsts to pursue one. Heck, they might even outbid SA for Poeltl outright.
    So they are willing to trade their firsts for a center or burn one on a center, but not use one for getting LMA who is a center and is likely the best they can get and who has a no risk contract? Make it make sense?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston couldn't get 2 for Hayward because they'd be unwilling to take back Wiggins and Looney.
    Yes, but GS isn't better with Hayward and Gay. They are better off keeping Wiggins and Looney (they like Looney and they traded for Wiggins knowing his salary so they might like him too) and using the number 2 pick. Hayward's injury shows he's lost a step and Rudy is closer to retiring. They are better off getting Wiseman, who is way cheaper and working on developing him this year. I could see a LMA trade for GS, but I just don't think he's worth the number 2 pick either. But LMA fits a need. Gay and Hayward don't really do anything to make them compe ive with the Lakers and Clippers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So they are willing to trade their firsts for a center, but not for getting LMA who is a center and is likely the best they can get and who has a no risk contract? Make it make sense?
    Maybe they prefer a young guy. I'm sure there are looking at aldridge or others like turner but if they like okongwu and think He will be a very good player why not deal for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe they prefer a young guy. I'm sure there are looking at aldridge or others like turner but if they like okongwu and think He will be a very good player why not deal for him.
    BOS has been looking for vets clearly. It’s why they signed Hayward in the first place. They can’t keep putting rookies on their books and expect to improve. At some point they need to make a leap forward to be a real threat.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe. But I also think GS isn't willing to give up 2 for Wiggins. Remember that they took him back for only a protected future first. If they think he's that irredeemably negative, they probably thought he was even more so before he had an okay end of the season with them.
    Fair.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gay and Hayward don't really do anything to make them compe ive with the Lakers and Clippers.
    Also, fair point. But perhaps the addition of Hayward just makes Warriors better than Clippers and Lakers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston supposedly wanted to get into the high lottery to take a run at 'Double O'.
    Probably delaying opt in 'til tomorrow to see if he is still there at #6 and thus be able to swing the trade centered around Hayward and Boston's multiple firsts.
    Sounds reasonable, and the pieces fit together.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe. But I also think GS isn't willing to give up 2 for Wiggins. Remember that they took him back for only a protected future first. If they think he's that irredeemably negative, they probably thought he was even more so before he had an okay end of the season with them.
    This is the million dollar question. Is there any difference with how they view Wiggins today vs under a year ago when they traded for him and picked up a first in the process?

He’s not very different than the guy he was when they grabbed him, and I thought it was a weird deal from the start (I’m not a D-Lo fan, but many other routes they could have gone than Wiggins).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With all the big teams getting stronger i think Warriors have no choice right now other than go for Wiggins and 2 for DeMar and 11

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the million dollar question. Is there any difference with how they view Wiggins today vs under a year ago when they traded for him and picked up a first in the process?

He’s not very different than the guy he was when they grabbed him, and I thought it was a weird deal from the start (I’m not a D-Lo fan, but many other routes they could have gone than Wiggins).
    It’s not just the million dollar question it’s the 100M in taxes question. They would have to think he’s damn good for that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Rockettes. Spurs about to no longer be the worst team in TX

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it just me or Wall>>>Westbrook?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockets PR group: We are committed to our stars and showing them that we intend to contend right now.

Stone: Let's dump RoCo for an older, tier, more expensive version of RoCo and future picks

Fer ta: I don't intend to pay the luxury tax.

Harden: your $50M extension

Westbrook: Send me to Washington.

Rockets PR group: you guys

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Is it just me or Wall>>>Westbrook?
    Wall didn't play at all last year and has only played in 73 games after 2017. hard to say what he will look like when we see him on the court next. but he's also making like 40M+ a season until 2023 he is probably the worst contract in the current NBA

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge is the problem, just any move to get rid of him for a better defensive anchor would make this team better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wall didn't play at all last year and has only played in 73 games after 2017. hard to say what he will look like when we see him on the court next. but he's also making like 40M+ a season until 2023 he is probably the worst contract in the current NBA
    Evidently not since DeRozan can’t even be moved

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Evidently not since DeRozan can’t even be moved
    TBF they haven't been able to move Wall either...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    J. Woo from S.I thinks Spurs are up to something too:

https://www.si.com/nba/2020/11/17/nb...ors-newsletter

— The Spurs appear to be angling to move up from their spot in the lottery at No. 11 and are open to moving established veterans in what would seem to be an attempt to get even younger up and down the roster. LaMarcus Aldridge and DeMar DeRozan (who picked up his option on Monday) are entering the final year of their contracts, and this is a good time for San Antonio to explore trades, with many teams operating with an eye toward next summer’s starry free-agent class. A contending team could acquire Aldridge or DeRozan now, play out the season, and then make use of the subsequent cap relief either of those players would create.
    Think the Spurs and either G.S, G.S/DET, G.S/ATL or BOS are most likely scenarios.
    Again, speculation at this stage but all parties have something to gain from subsequent transactions...

Edit: Another tidbit from the article, CHI being very coy, could they be dark horse trade partner?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's amazing how many people have jumped to conclusions based on an 8 game sample size in a "bubble" and have decided Aldridge "is the problem", DeRozan "fits better with the young guys" and that the collective youth (with no clear centerpiece) has a high upside.

This once again illustrates DeRozan's trade value or lack thereof. The fact that they'd prefer a gimpy player, who can no longer handle a star's workload, speaks volumes. I don't blame them either.
    Last edited by TD 21; 11-17-2020 at 07:02 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge, DeRozan for Hayward, Kanter, Poirier and 14 makes sense to me. Or one of Aldridge or DeRozan plus Mills and Gay for the same package.
    no. Hayward is broken trash, and the others are just trash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

rankingtear

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would welcome Hayward. I like his game. But I wouldn't want him to replace LMA or DD, but rather a third piece.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge is the problem, just any move to get rid of him for a better defensive anchor would make this team better.
    Holy ! You know Pop and several others have praised him exactly for the opposite of what you state? That he is their defensive anchor, plays great defense, on both on his man and help defense. He plays most every big in this league to a draw on most nights, including Anthony Davis and the Joker.

Like what the are you smoking? He is far from the primary problem on this team and statements like this just make me not be able to take you seriously.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    no. Hayward is broken trash, and the others are just trash.

i'd take kanter off the bench though tbh.

Thread Information