My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A key supplier to Apple and a dozen other tech giants plans to split its supply chain between the Chinese market and the US, declaring that China's time as factory to the world is finished because of the trade war.

Hon Hai Precision Industry Co chairman Liu Young-way said it's gradually adding more capacity outside of China, the main base of production for gadgets from iPhones to Dell desktops and Nintendo Switches. The proportion outside the country is now at 30 per cent, up from 25 per cent last June.

That ratio will rise as the company - known also as Foxconn - moves more manufacturing to South-east Asia and other regions to avoid escalating tariffs on Chinese-made goods headed to US markets, Mr Liu told reporters after his company reported financial results.

"No matter if it's India, South-east Asia or the Americas, there will be a manufacturing ecosystem in each," Mr Liu told investors on a conference call, adding that while China will still play a key role in Foxconn's manufacturing empire, the country's "days as the world's factory are done."
    https://www.straitstimes.com/busines...r-iphone-maker

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    We will pay more for our junk but this is better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We will pay more for our junk but this is better
    Rare agreement.

China's oppressive totalitarian government needs to be kept as weak as possible, for the good of our species.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh whatever

Indont w overpriced crapple anyway. They have their hands full w fighting Fortnite developers and users now

Crapple will probably be the first major company to fail thus why they are doing uncle sam bidding cause they will want those bailouts.

Seems crapple was secretly doing deals w amazon while screwing other devs. Payback will be a

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh whatever

Indont w overpriced crapple anyway. They have their hands full w fighting Fortnite developers and users now

Crapple will probably be the first major company to fail thus why they are doing uncle sam bidding cause they will want those bailouts.

Seems crapple was secretly doing deals w amazon while screwing other devs. Payback will be a
    Epic doesn't have the time or money to with Apple and Google's legal teams at the same time. And lol Tencent owning 40% of Epic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Epic doesn't have the time or money to with Apple and Google's legal teams at the same time. And lol Tencent owning 40% of Epic
    They obviously do as they are suing apple

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They obviously do as they are suing apple
    China good now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They always been good tbqh. Even in their dynasty days imho

Thread Information