My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DHS paramilitaries for internal repression, you see a lot lately.

Washington is the latest example of cities where CBP deployed surveillance aircraft in the skies in recent months to monitor demonstrations. In Minneapolis, where Floyd was killed, a Predator drone was dispatched May 29. The agency's role has drawn sharp criticism from Democrats and others who say such tactics infringe on privacy and free-speech rights.

In a June 5 letter, a top Secret Service official asked CBP for use of a Blackhawk helicopter equipped with special "fast ropes." The agency proposed the aircraft could be used to rapidly drop six tactical agents for emergency missions, to help officers under threat and to descend on crowds from overhead, according to government records.

The Secret Service also asked CBP to help the agency gather information on protesters by flying a surveillance plane equipped with infrared imaging over the city starting that weekend.

The agency asked CBP to share live video feeds from the plane so the Secret Service could track protesters' movements near the White House and around the city.

"Due to the significant and unprecedented events occurring in the National Capital Region, the U.S. Secret Service is requesting the support from the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Air and Marine Operations," Kimberly Cheatle, the assistant director for the Secret Service's Office of Protective Operations, wrote to CBP acting commissioner Mark Morgan in the June 5 letter. "CBP's participation in the operational security plan is vital."
    "This is further evidence that the Trump administration sees First Amendment activities as a siege and our fellow citizens as combatants," said Austin Evers, American Oversight's executive director.
    https://www.chron.com/news/article/S...o-15482671.php

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine where Trash/Barr will go, with Repug party/oligarchy permission even encouragement, will go in the next four years if in office.

Capitalism is fundamentally anti-democratic, and is always fighting democracy to obtain more power to amass and hoard Capital.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 08-14-2020 at 11:25 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DHS paramilitaries for internal repression, you see a lot lately.

https://www.chron.com/news/article/S...o-15482671.php
    Trump is a terrible abuser of power. But I'm not sure that we'll ever be able to trust any party in power to not use that power to silence opposition.
    Hope I'm wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump is a terrible abuser of power. But I'm not sure that we'll ever be able to trust any party in power to not use that power to silence opposition.
    Hope I'm wrong.
    Yep.

Sure does look like Trumpists are sharpening the social contradictions (unemployment, eviction, homelessness, COVID-19 morbidity and internal repression) on purpose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep.

Sure does look like Trumpists are sharpening the social contradictions (unemployment, eviction, homelessness, COVID-19 morbidity and internal repression) on purpose.
    Of course. And it's kind of the basis for my comment. If a party achieves power and they completely believe they're in the right, then it's just logical that they would use any means necessary to ensure that they remain in power.

And at the end of the day, all these elected politicians are going to do what's best for them individually. Meaning, they're all likely to change their views to some degree if it means getting reelected.

Maybe a handful are altruistic enough to act solely with their beliefs. But to get to the level of politics we're talking about, there's bound to be some moral compromises somewhere along the way.
    Because ultimately, it's takes money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Free Democracy"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Free Democracy"

You're voting for Trumpist fascism, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course. And it's kind of the basis for my comment. If a party achieves power and they completely believe they're in the right, then it's just logical that they would use any means necessary to ensure that they remain in power.

And at the end of the day, all these elected politicians are going to do what's best for them individually. Meaning, they're all likely to change their views to some degree if it means getting reelected.

Maybe a handful are altruistic enough to act solely with their beliefs. But to get to the level of politics we're talking about, there's bound to be some moral compromises somewhere along the way.
    Because ultimately, it's takes money.
    LeninistGOP4BigBusiness.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cheaper to just browse YouTube.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cheaper to just browse YouTube.
    do you like Trump's DHS paramilitary irregulars doing domestic policing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    do you like Trump's DHS paramilitary irregulars doing domestic policing?
    Thousands of civilians monitor us more

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Govt surveillance didn't start the George Floyd (PBOH) revolt.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, Darrin loves him some federal government surveillance of citizens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thousands of civilians monitor us more
    That's not only consensual but in a lot of cases contractual. TOS, terms and conditions there are a million ways to limit yourself contractually that you barely notice as you go through the day.

The social contract with the police is a little fuzzier, and they have most of the power, and all the legitimate deadly force. Also, the stakes are much higher. In a way, youve been suggesting a TOS click is somehow equivalent to police surveillance.

That's twaddle.

Thread Information