Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How in the world did they manage to convince us to give them Danny Green and manage to keep both OG and Siakam?

The front office continues to make head scratching decisions. Like giving an old fart like Pau Gasol, who was turning 38, a multi-year extension.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird rehash, but as the high priest of the Church of Green, I'm always up for supporting LDN. If they got contract-year Green, they wouldn't have even played Denver in the first round. Dude was really good on both ends. I get that he'd worn out his welcome, but trading him as a throw-in rather than Gasol was a horrible use of resources

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I maintain the Spurs assumed green would opt out and planned around that, only for him to opt in, so he was effectively salary dumped.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not that significant of a game in Spurs lore to bring up 2-3 years later tbh, but no. Green hasn't been clutch since 2013

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not that significant of a game in Spurs lore to bring up 2-3 years later tbh, but no. Green hasn't been clutch since 2013
    He basically won Game One in 2014 and gave the Spurs a chance in 2015 with his defense. People remember Paul hitting that shot over Green (and Tim) but many forget Green had a number of big stops in that game, including blocking Griffin straight up twice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He basically won Game One in 2014 and gave the Spurs a chance in 2015 with his defense. People remember Paul hitting that shot over Green (and Tim) but many forget Green had a number of big stops in that game, including blocking Griffin straight up twice.
    People also forget about Game 5 against Houston in 2017. Dude scored all our points in OT iirc.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who gives a

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With KD going down, we coulda chipped last year. I had us over Portland for sure, so that's a birth to the WCF at least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny green would’ve made it tough on Jamal Murray for sure. Would’ve gave Derrick white some help being as he was the only good perimeter defender the spurs had last year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Replace Bryn Forbes with Danny Green and we easily go to the WCF in 2019 and make the playoffs in 2020

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    How in the world did they manage to convince us to give them Danny Green and manage to keep both OG and Siakam?
    the spurs also sent the raptors $5 million dollars in the deal. crazy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He played like dog for us the last couple years and he has been dog for LA this year. He's not a difference maker at this point. But replacing Forbes with almost anyone might have been the difference

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the spurs also sent the raptors $5 million dollars in the deal. crazy.
    No need to brag to us about your team getting one over on Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is an odd thread timing wise but i am one who was discouraged with the spurs when i heard green was traded along with kawhi. i thought it was beyond dumb to not only give them our best perimeter defender, but our 2nd perimeter defender as well. without green we were left without defense. green was limited but he was still an asset.

a backcourt of white and green would have been nice. our defense would have been miles better than white/forbes. seriously.

frustrated when the trade happened but it was out of my control so not much i can do except shrug and move on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know a guy who's still mad that M*A*S*H was cancelled.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Replace Bryn Forbes with Danny Green and we easily go to the WCF in 2019 and make the playoffs in 2020
    People underestimate how good that 2018-2019 could have been once they gelled after the Rodeo Road Trip I feel there wasn't anybody they couldn't have beat if Pop would have played the right people.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny being thrown into the trade as filler was always stupid, especially when we weren't getting back any wings. The trade permanently gutted our wing depth for years resulting in the Forbes/Mills/Marco lineups we see today. Horrible trade. Says a lot about Brian Wright that he was the chief architect of this disaster. Wouldn't be surprised if he was the one behind the Demarre Carroll/Bertans move as well.

Race 4 Seis Chodus!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People also forget about Game 5 against Houston in 2017. Dude scored all our points in OT iirc.
    This! I believe without Green’s ass whooping in Game 5 OT we don’t make it to the WCF that year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know a guy who's still mad that M*A*S*H was cancelled.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny being thrown into the trade as filler was always stupid, especially when we weren't getting back any wings. The trade permanently gutted our wing depth for years resulting in the Forbes/Mills/Marco lineups we see today. Horrible trade. Says a lot about Brian Wright that he was the chief architect of this disaster. Wouldn't be surprised if he was the one behind the Demarre Carroll/Bertans move as well.
    He was tbh.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I called that either Mills, Forbes or both needed to be cut out of the rotation for Game 7.
    ST gave me all kinds of sh** for it.

The Journey Is The Reward rudwick's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m still mad that we took Kyle Anderson instead of Nikola Jokic.
    Last edited by rudwick; 08-15-2020 at 08:32 PM.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well he sure as wasn't the difference maker in Game 6 against the Heat. Or Game 7 against the heat. He went 2-11 from 3P and 0-8 from 2P in those two games. If he was as sure-fire as the OP thinks, the Spurs would still be undefeated in the Finals.

But, yeah, when the choice is between him and Forbes, Danny would have been better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green legit sonned LeBron one-on-one on the break with the game on the line at the end of Game Six. He didn't shoot well, but his defense was on point, and it gave the team a chance to win. Hands down best defensive play by a perimeter defender in Spurs history, but because SA lost, folks remember the Leonard block on Westbrook more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green remains one of the most underrated Spurs, just based on this thread.

When Lamarcus came here, Danny’s productiveness was gone. He was a horrible fit in the Aldridge offense but anyone with a brain knows what Danny brings to the right team.

Thread Information