Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A former FBI lawyer plans to plead guilty to making a false statement in the first criminal case arising from U.S. Attorney John Durham’s investigation into the probe of ties between Russia and the 2016 Trump campaign, his lawyer said Friday.

Kevin Clinesmith is expected to plead guilty to one count of making a false statement related to the altering of a government email about a former Trump campaign adviser who was a target of FBI surveillance, attorney Justin Shur told The Associated Press.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A former FBI lawyer plans to plead guilty to making a false statement in the first criminal case arising from U.S. Attorney John Durham’s investigation into the probe of ties between Russia and the 2016 Trump campaign, his lawyer said Friday.

Kevin Clinesmith is expected to plead guilty to one count of making a false statement related to the altering of a government email about a former Trump campaign adviser who was a target of FBI surveillance, attorney Justin Shur told The Associated Press.
    Good.

Now lets hear what the red team is doing to prevent from Russia and Putin interfering again in 2020.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    think right after the IG report came out, and we read that an email had been altered... i did mention that whichever agent did that should be investigated for criminal prosecution. search function is currently disabled tho

but yeah, if it goes higher up, and the alteration was done at the order of a superior, or a superior was otherwise aware of the alteration and went along with it anyway, more heads should roll

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

EMAILS!!!

Of course - altering an email -

and the result?

Not a ing thing - Carter Page (who spied for russia against the usa and held positions that allowed him to lecture in russia about the evils of the usa)

was NEVER CHARGED WITH A CRIME!!!!

OH THE OUTRAGE!!!!

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    think right after the IG report came out, and we read that an email had been altered... i did mention that whichever agent did that should be investigated for criminal prosecution. search function is currently disabled tho

but yeah, if it goes higher up, and the alteration was done at the order of a superior, or a superior was otherwise aware of the alteration and went along with it anyway, more heads should roll

It sure looks like it went higher up. The FBI team had the unaltered email the entire time and Clinesmith's lawyer reached out to Durham looking for a plea deal after Ratcliffe declassified FBI records. Need cooperation for a plea deal.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    and hater why start a new thread when you could have just put this in djohn's biggest failure on spurstalk thread?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hey comrade -

Should Carter Page be released from prison now and be compensated for all his suffering?

oh wait -

the process crime of altering an email had zero effect on zero conspiracies!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It sure looks like it went higher up. The FBI team had the unaltered email the entire time and Clinesmith's lawyer reached out to Durham looking for a plea deal after Ratcliffe declassified FBI records. Need cooperation for a plea deal.
    its quite possible that cooperation is a requisite for a plea deal... but its hard to make that determination outright. 90% of defendants end up pleading guilty... not every federal case requires cooperation/testimony against somebody else

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and hater why start a new thread when you could have just put this in djohn's biggest failure on spurstalk thread?

Didnt he kill himself after the mueller hearing?

RIP ma nig Dsnowflake2008

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "vive la resistance"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hey comrade -

Should Carter Page be released from prison now and be compensated for all his suffering?

oh wait -

the process crime of altering an email had zero effect on zero conspiracies!
    The altered email trigered the FISA approval IMO

No alteration no FISA no russiagate

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    its quite possible that cooperation is a requisite for a plea deal... but its hard to make that determination outright. 90% of defendants end up pleading guilty... not every federal case requires cooperation/testimony against somebody else
    Seems very likely since Clinesmith's lawyer reached out to Durham for a plea deal.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    "vive la resistance"
    “I am so stressed about what I could have done differently. Plus, my god damned name is all over the legal do ents investigating his staff.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems very likely since Clinesmith's lawyer reached out to Durham for a plea deal.

i dont think the act of reaching out for a plea deal in and of itself means there is cooperation (again, i'm not denying the possibility/probability of it).

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Didnt he kill himself after the mueller hearing?

RIP ma nig Dsnowflake2008
    The Mueller investigation and hearing clearly established that Russia DID INTERFERE with the 2016 election and further, the Trump campaign knew it was happening and assessed it would be favorable towards Trump's re election. This is what Mueller clearly established. He also established there was not enough for collusion and congress yada, yada...

So you also need to ask yourself, why you have not killed yourself.
    At least djohn fled the scene of punishment, you continue to let me kick you in the groin.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The altered email trigered the FISA approval IMO

No alteration no FISA no russiagate

Not how it works.

The FISA email/alteration - applied to Carter Page who was never charged with anything. He was rightfully questioned and investigated because the head was traveling to Russia and allowed to give speeches against the USA -

the FISA is maybe 2% of the Mueller/FBI evidence of all the trump treason

but Trump/Russian traitors and their sympathizers want to focus on a process error and

disregard all the 98% of the evidence of their unpatriotic disgraceful crimes and cover-ups and lies and betrayal of their own country.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    i dont think the act of reaching out for a plea deal in and of itself means there is cooperation (again, i'm not denying the possibility/probability of it).
    I get what you’re saying, but it seems likely.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TSA's getting his hopes up again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get what you’re saying, but it seems likely.

charge bargain...

this is pretty common in criminal defense, generally. office i'm working at has handled a total of 2 criminal cases. we pled down both of them. didnt require cooperation, but one of them did have a heavy res ution element

im content to wait and see without ruling anything out

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    charge bargain...

this is pretty common in criminal defense, generally. office i'm working at has handled a total of 2 criminal cases. we pled down both of them. didnt require cooperation, but one of them did have a heavy res ution element

im content to wait and see without ruling anything out

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    As noted, this guilty plea could have been had a year ago. The IG report was published in Dec. 2019, and drafting the report had been in the words for weeks or months prior to that. The evidence of Clinesmith’s criminal actions would have come to light before the drafting started, and the IG is charged with reporting evidence of criminal activity it uncovers during investigations to federal prosecutors without delay.

Several reasons would explain not pursuing charges against Clinesmith sooner, but the two most obvious ones are that Clinesmith agreed to cooperate when he was notified he was a target of a criminal investigation, and the second would be that Durham did not want to initiate a court proceeding that might require him to make public disclosure of certain evidence before the was prepared to do so.

Now Durham has decided to move forward. The reporting on the story says that Durham is not expected to announce a wide-ranging conspiracy as part of Clinesmith’s guilty plea. That is most likely the case because there is no need to do so, and doing so in connection with Clinesmith would only put such allegations in the public arena for others to see — including other targets of the investigation.

In resolving a case such as Clinesmith’s, the less said, the better. Durham knows what Clinesmith as told him and that this point there is no reason for Durham to tell everyone else what Clinesmith has said.

That being the case, there is an interesting bit of information reported that I noted on Twitter. The note said that Clinesmith had told investigators that he provided the original email — the accurate email from the CIA — to the case agents and supervisors on CH. I’m digging around a bit more for that information and will update this story when I find it.

If that is true, then Durham has other subjects with regard to this specific falsehood that is traceable to Clinesmith. If the evidence is that others were aware of the false allegations about Page and the CIA that originated with Clinesmith’s alteration and never took steps to clear the record with DOJ or the FISC, then those individuals are targets as well because a knowing “material omission” of information from a FISA application would also be obstruction. Now you have the existence of a conspiracy.

If knowledge of Clinesmith’s criminal act extended beyond Clinesmith himself, that would call into question the accuracy of every submission under oath made by members of CH. Not just the FISA applications, but all the affidavits offered in support of search warrants across the entire scope of the CH investigation — including everything done by the Special Counsel’s Office since many FBI agents and other personnel carried over from the DOJ/FBI investigation of CH to the SCO investigation of CH.

Every material misstatement or omission would then be a potential overt act in furtherance of a conspiracy. This would better explain the widespread nature of Durham’s investigation as AG Barr has referenced in the past, as well as AG Barr’s decision to task two other US Attorneys with pursuing other aspects of the probe.

https://www.redstate.com/shipwrecked...didates-today/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all the Durham Y WITCHY HUNT will change NOTHING on 3 Nov.

More likely is the B2 to Carmen San Diego will bomb Iran, start a war.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russia

Thread Information