Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully not

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Possibly if they get a top 4 pick and go with Deni Advija.

Mad Beer Hops! Notorious H.O.P.'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless they are really happy with what they have now, I don't think so. Gone are the days when the team was so set at every position that they practically needed to park their first round picks either for cap or roster spot purposes. We need guys that can contribute in the next year or two.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    aleksej stick pokusevksi

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seven of the Spurs last eight draft picks have been domestic... the idea of a euro bias is just an old story that isn't true.
    Using Keldon Johnson as an example of anything doesn't really make sense... 28 teams passed on him before the Spurs picked him.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 08-15-2020 at 12:40 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could, and if they aren't reaching, it wouldn't be a bad idea. That means one of Killian Hayes, Pokusevski or Advija. That ain't a bad choice...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Euro plays like Manu, Parker, Dirk, Doncic,.... Why not?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They bette prick a Euro tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    poop is sure to screw it up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aren’t there 2 amazing point European point guards available this draft? One from France and the other from Germany I think. I wouldn’t mind drafting one of them. Solves some issues like we can move Dejounte to shooting guard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aren’t there 2 amazing point European point guards available this draft? One from France and the other from Germany I think. I wouldn’t mind drafting one of them. Solves some issues like we can move Dejounte to shooting guard.
    Drafting a guard in this draft takes away minutes from Keldon. Unless you want to keep playing small ball with Lonnie playing SF or Keldon playing PF. It just doesn't make sense to draft a guard when our major issues are length and size. Dejounte is a problem, but not the biggest problem we have (even though his sorry ass lost is a critical game)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think if they move into the top 4, they won’t stash, but if they’re sitting at 11, and Pokuševski is on the board, and amenable to staying another year in Europe, they’d pull the trigger. This is a team that missed the playoffs this season, and has a payroll of $120M next season, with a cap of $109M. That’s also only 12 players, and includes Lyles, Metu and Zeller On partial guarantees. It doesn’t include Poeltl or Eubanks, if they want to sign him to an NBA deal, now that his two way is expiring.

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They will look for the next Luka and will end up with a Darko.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drafting a guard in this draft takes away minutes from Keldon. Unless you want to keep playing small ball with Lonnie playing SF or Keldon playing PF. It just doesn't make sense to draft a guard when our major issues are length and size. Dejounte is a problem, but not the biggest problem we have (even though his sorry ass lost is a critical game)
    Well I was thinking that Keldon could play SF. Tbh I don’t even know what the roster will be like next year but having Derrick, DDR, Keldon start and Lonnie and Murray off the bench would be my ideal pairings. If DDR leaves then drafting a PG and having him paired with Lonnie off the bench works too while Murray becomes our starting SG. I agree that it’s not the biggest need, I just wouldn’t be too upset if they went that route.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    aleksej stick pokusevksi
    Watched video of this dude. It's crazy watching a 7 ft player bring the ball up the court or go coast to coast. Got to say this guy is the sleeper of the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think if they move into the top 4, they won’t stash, but if they’re sitting at 11, and Pokuševski is on the board, and amenable to staying another year in Europe, they’d pull the trigger. This is a team that missed the playoffs this season, and has a payroll of $120M next season, with a cap of $109M. That’s also only 12 players, and includes Lyles, Metu and Zeller On partial guarantees. It doesn’t include Poeltl or Eubanks, if they want to sign him to an NBA deal, now that his two way is expiring.

Pokusevski is really interesting, and he does check all of the boxes outside of FG%... his #s on rebounds, assists, blocks, and steals are impressive. I wonder if he has the potential to be a SF in the NBA?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pokusevski is really interesting, and he does check all of the boxes outside of FG%... his #s on rebounds, assists, blocks, and steals are impressive. I wonder if he has the potential to be a SF in the NBA?
    If he's there, I think we would have to consider him very deeply. He has a path to be a franchise level player; there are few of those in this draft (Wiseman, Hayes (maybe), Edwards, Avidja (maybe??)). I don't he's an SF, but his ceiling is Dirk...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Also, I had to go find this, but I'm not scared of his FG% ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he's there, I think we would have to consider him very deeply. He has a path to be a franchise level player; there are few of those in this draft (Wiseman, Hayes (maybe), Edwards, Avidja (maybe??)). I don't he's an SF, but his ceiling is Dirk...
    I haven't seen any mocks that have him in the #11 range... most are late teens, and some even have him as a second rounder. I see him as more of a Giannis Lite because of the shooting, but, yeah, I think he does have the best "unicorn" potential of this draft. Has there been any official link noted between him and the Spurs that you know of?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Also, I had to go find this, but I'm not scared of his FG% ...
    That's from here: https://stats.nba.com/articles/2020-...ej-pokusevski/

I think his form looks good and he could easily become a good shooter, but that chart is a little deceiving, as his overall 3pt% was 32%.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe he is also the youngest player actually if his birthday was 6 days latter he would not have been eligible for this years draft. He definitely can play my only concern is his shoulders are real narrow so him adding a lot more muscle is just not going to happen. But the kid has excellent handles for a 7 footer and can shoot from inside and outside and plays defense as he has good numbers in rebounding and block shoots.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would consider him another Luka. In they they would both be big fliers. if either of them hits it is good for the Spurs. If both are hits then that is even better. I still would rather us draft Bey and if we could get someone to take gay in a trade for a late pick take him there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless its Avdija then no...

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see the Spurs taking the best player available with the highest upside, regardless of position or Euro vs American. It will be compe ive for playing time in 2021.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't seen any mocks that have him in the #11 range... most are late teens, and some even have him as a second rounder. I see him as more of a Giannis Lite because of the shooting, but, yeah, I think he does have the best "unicorn" potential of this draft. Has there been any official link noted between him and the Spurs that you know of?
    Tankathon has him#19 in their mock, but #10 on their big board. There are a lot of dumb teams. Coach Cal said, in the video in the Keldon thread, that there were 5 teams that passed on Keldon JUST BECAUSE HE DIDN’T WORK OUT FOR THEM. When you’re a probable late lottery pick, you don’t work out for 30 teams. Spurs sometimes don’t work out guys, so they don’t tip their hand, and frequently draft guys they don’t work out. Kawhi was one, and I’m quite sure Keldon was another one.
    Last edited by exstatic; 08-15-2020 at 06:05 PM.

Thread Information