Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Things don't go Utah's way and they start fighting. They need discipline

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka gets hit in the head and face a lot. I can’t think of another player that consistently gets wacked in the head area as much as him. He embellishes of course like all players. But he legitimately gets hit up there all the time.
    He has a very punchable face and personality, tbh

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He has a very punchable face and personality, tbh
    can't believe how butthurt spurfan still is about 2006.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Luka gets hit in the head and face a lot. I can’t think of another player that consistently gets wacked in the head area as much as him. He embellishes of course like all players. But he legitimately gets hit up there all the time.
    manu got wacked a lot too.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Murray is legit

Was pulling for Utah tho
    Yeah he showed something before game 7...
    Hevsucked this game but owned it after

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    manu got wacked a lot too.
    Racist blacks hate being shown up by white boys, tbh. Nobody got hit "accidentally" more than GOAT Larry Bird.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    While I don’t necessarily like bringing the race angle into it, I don’t think you’re completely off. Although I would amend that thought to specify in say the last 20 years that Black Americans try to test the toughness of white international players with physicality and even dirty play. Guys like Dirk and Manu came at a time where the widely perceived stereotype of Euro players was that they’re soft. They had to prove their toughness and earn their respect.

But did white American players like Kevin Love or Steve Nash face the same level of physicality and borderline dirty play? For that matter black international players like Nene, Tony? Does Giannis get as many dirty wacks at the head as Luka?

Might have something to do with international players as well as a black-white thing. Who knows for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol generally speasking Euro players, especialy the one from Eastern Europe are tough mofos

Eastern Europeans have seen some real , lol they are not impressed by some Murican thug who thinks he is tough because he held a gun a some point suring his younger days

USA and ther perception of the World smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eastern Europe in 2020 is much safer place to live, than in the usa. Except Belarus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    flopping, whining and initiating contact are 1) things nearly every star player has done for the past 40 years and 2) in no way related to the blatant fouls that opponents get away with on him.
    I agree with your first point, other than flopping. Flopping superstars are in the minority. My point is that when you're a physical offensive player, who initiates a lot of contact, you become hard to officiate, which can lead to missed calls, especially when you have a reputation for embellishment

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While I don’t necessarily like bringing the race angle into it, I don’t think you’re completely off. Although I would amend that thought to specify in say the last 20 years that Black Americans try to test the toughness of white international players with physicality and even dirty play. Guys like Dirk and Manu came at a time where the widely perceived stereotype of Euro players was that they’re soft. They had to prove their toughness and earn their respect.

But did white American players like Kevin Love or Steve Nash face the same level of physicality and borderline dirty play? For that matter black international players like Nene, Tony? Does Giannis get as many dirty wacks at the head as Luka?

Might have something to do with international players as well as a black-white thing. Who knows for sure.
    I think it's more of an international thing. Like you said, Hayward never dealt with that kind of stuff. Manu and Dirk definitely did.

I never understood that stereotype, btw. Eastern European players often come from tough backgrounds...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I shut it off after Utah went up 19 in the 3rd.
    Utah not only came back but took the lead?

How the f did that happen?
    Todays NBA?

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    I agree with your first point, other than flopping. Flopping superstars are in the minority.
    literally untrue. they virtually all flop, just in different ways. some are very dramatic, others pick and choose their spots. id say non-flopping superstars are by far the minority.

My point is that when you're a physical offensive player, who initiates a lot of contact, you become hard to officiate, which can lead to missed calls, especially when you have a reputation for embellishment
    i agree overall, but im not talking about body contact calls. im talking about getting blatantly raked across the arms or hit in the head and face without calls. maybe the only other player ive ever seen consistently get hit like that with so few calls is lebron

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    literally untrue. they virtually all flop, just in different ways. some are very dramatic, others pick and choose their spots. id say non-flopping superstars are by far the minority.

i agree overall, but im not talking about body contact calls. im talking about getting blatantly raked across the arms or hit in the head and face without calls. maybe the only other player ive ever seen consistently get hit like that with so few calls is lebron
    Which 90s or 2000s superstars flopped? Maybe Dirk? Maybe I'm not remembering...

As for the non-calls on Luka and LeBron, if that's what your eyes tell you, then who am I to argue? I will say that LeBron is another guy who initiates a LOT of contact. He basically stiff arms his way to the basket half the time...refs miss calls on him, but they also turn a blind eye to his offensive fouls.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    He tends to ride his defenders in a way where they are off balance due to his size & herky-jerky style thus they are taking wild swings. If you look at Harden, he exposes the ball & dares defenders to swipe, Luka puts his body between the ball & the defender while barreling through their chest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which 90s or 2000s superstars flopped? Maybe Dirk? Maybe I'm not remembering...

As for the non-calls on Luka and LeBron, if that's what your eyes tell you, then who am I to argue? I will say that LeBron is another guy who initiates a LOT of contact. He basically stiff arms his way to the basket half the time...refs miss calls on him, but they also turn a blind eye to his offensive fouls.
    Reggie Miller, Ray Allen, Rip Hamilton, John Stockton, Steve Nash, Allen Iverson, CP3, Jordan...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reggie Miller, Ray Allen, Rip Hamilton, John Stockton, Steve Nash, Allen Iverson, CP3, Jordan...
    I never watched Reggie or Stockton enough to know, and I'll give you Nash and CP3. Disagree about the rest though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never watched Reggie or Stockton enough to know, and I'll give you Nash and CP3. Disagree about the rest though
    Vlade Divac was also a well known flopper.

Also Sprewell would kick his legs out way far on jump shots to get fouls. Kobe would hook dudes with his legs on jumpers to get fouls

Rodman and Malone basically patented the pull the chair maneuver which can be thought of as a type of cheesy flop type thing.

Then there’s the hand sweep that KD and Duncan would both do all throughout the 2000s to draw fouls

And a ton of post players would be known to hook guys arms up when battling for position to draw fouls. Think Zo Mourning, Horace Grant, Oakley and Anthony Mason, etc

C Webb used to do this move to draw fouls on his midrange jumpers were he would hold the ball super low, then swing it left or right through a guys arm and take a jumper and go to the line.

Lots of PGs in the 90s were also taught to jump into guys on layup attempts to draw fouls in a cheesy way.
    Last edited by phxspurfan; 09-03-2020 at 12:34 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vlade Divac was also a well known flopper.

Also Sprewell would kick his legs out way far on jump shots to get fouls. Kobe would hook dudes with his legs on jumpers to get fouls

Rodman and Malone basically patented the pull the chair maneuver which can be thought of as a type of cheesy flop type thing.

Then there’s the hand sweep that KD and Duncan would both do all throughout the 2000s to draw fouls

And a ton of post players would be known to hook guys arms up when battling for position to draw fouls. Think Zo Mourning, Horace Grant, Oakley and Anthony Mason, etc

C Webb used to do this move to draw fouls on his midrange jumpers were he would hold the ball super low, then swing it left or right through a guys arm and take a jumper and go to the line.

Lots of PGs in the 90s were also taught to jump into guys on layup attempts to draw fouls in a cheesy way.
    This.

Mahorn and Jordan also flopped

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jazz

Thread Information