Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    kawhi is soooo goood. cant believe demar derozan is the best return you can get for a guy with that skill

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Morris is a dirty thug. I'm in my late 30's but growing up I never liked guys like Oakley who were straight up thugs. The type of physical basketball I like is the style the Spurs-Pistons played during the early to mid '00s. Hard physical defense without the dirty plays of trying to take off someones head off granted I know people will bring up Bowen but outside of Bowen there was no dirty player on those Spur teams. My current issues with the current league is hand checking has been taken away on the perimeter which makes it almost impossible to guard perimeter players.
    stop being a pussy man. we need more morris twins in the association.

sick and tired of all buddy buddy, instagram likes crap.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Who matches up better with the Clips, Utah or Denver?
    Before the bubble, I don't think it would be a question, but Utah is having a moment.
    covid playoff spyda is playing like HGH peak wade.

they gonna be a problem.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Who matches up better with the Clips, Utah or Denver?
    Before the bubble, I don't think it would be a question, but Utah is having a moment.
    Clippers should make easy work out of either tbh. But same could have been said of the Mavs.

Denver’s more talented but doesn’t play a lick of defense. They do have exploitable mismatches.

Utah doesn’t have much depth. But they do have Paul George’s daddeh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    covid playoff spyda is playing like HGH peak wade.

they gonna be a problem.
    I hope so. Dude is fun to watch. And watching Doc lose is so much fun.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Morris is a dirty thug. I'm in my late 30's but growing up I never liked guys like Oakley who were straight up thugs. The type of physical basketball I like is the style the Spurs-Pistons played during the early to mid '00s. Hard physical defense without the dirty plays of trying to take off someones head off granted I know people will bring up Bowen but outside of Bowen there was no dirty player on those Spur teams. My current issues with the current league is hand checking has been taken away on the perimeter which makes it almost impossible to guard perimeter players.
    Perfectly reasonable if you feel that way. We just differ.

But didn’t you like Bruce? Did you mind when he did played dirty?

Marcus Morris played for the Pistons a couple seasons. I liked his edge. I liked when Sheed talked . I loved Laimbeer and Mahorn. Some players play a little dirty. It’s a physical sport with some physical contact. It ain’t ping pong. The other part I like about guys like the Morris twins is they bring out the other players’ true personalities. If we learned anything about the rough and physical play against Luka is that Luka is one tough s.o.b. who took that dirty , played inured, and still played like a boss. Others might let it get to them and have it affect their play. I like that Luka still performed at a high level despite it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could've been an upset if not for Mavs injuries and somewhat questionable officiating. Clips got a little lucky this round. PG needs to step up or they won't make it past the next one.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perfectly reasonable if you feel that way. We just differ.

But didn’t you like Bruce? Did you mind when he did played dirty?

Marcus Morris played for the Pistons a couple seasons. I liked his edge. I liked when Sheed talked . I loved Laimbeer and Mahorn. Some players play a little dirty. It’s a physical sport with some physical contact. It ain’t ping pong. The other part I like about guys like the Morris twins is they bring out the other players’ true personalities. If we learned anything about the rough and physical play against Luka is that Luka is one tough s.o.b. who took that dirty , played inured, and still played like a boss. Others might let it get to them and have it affect their play. I like that Luka still performed at a high level despite it.
    1. I always acknowledged Bruce was dirty but I never condoned it. Bruce is a low key dirty ala playing defense Zaza style but I can't recall Bruce being a straight up thug and trying to start fights with people like Morris does. I always liked Sheed growing up considering I'm from NC and watched him when he was at UNC. There is a difference between Sheed and Morris. I can't recall Sheed punching guys and doing dirty fouls on guys on the regular. Sheed had his moments every now then but it wasn't common. Guys like Morris,Oakley, when it comes to thuggery are in a class of their own. The bad boys pistons were before my time considering I didn't start watching basketball until '92 but judging from the old videos of them I would have probably hated them since I hated the Ewing-Oakley knicks growing up.

2. I have always been down for a physical game which I said in my original post so I don't need your stupid lecture on that part of it. I know the game is physical since I played Hschool basketball and still play it on a regular basis. I'am not down with thuggery those are two different things.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    stop being a pussy man. we need more morris twins in the association.

sick and tired of all buddy buddy, instagram likes crap.
    Yes and you will love Marcus when he tries to take off Lebron's head or when he puts him in a wheel chair ending the Lakers series.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    1. I always acknowledged Bruce was dirty but I never condoned it. Bruce is a low key dirty ala playing defense Zaza style but I can't recall Bruce being a straight up thug and trying to start fights with people like Morris does. I always liked Sheed growing up considering I'm from NC and watched him when he was at UNC. There is a difference between Sheed and Morris. I can't recall Sheed punching guys and doing dirty fouls on guys on the regular. Sheed had his moments every now then but it wasn't common. Guys like Morris,Oakley, when it comes to thuggery are in a class of their own. The bad boys pistons were before my time considering I didn't start watching basketball until '92 but judging from the old videos of them I would have probably hated them since I hated the Ewing-Oakley knicks growing up.

2. I have always been down for a physical game which I said in my original post so I don't need your stupid lecture on that part of it. I know the game is physical since I played Hschool basketball and still play it on a regular basis. I'am not down with thuggery those are two different things.
    I apologize if you feel that was lecturing. I certainly wasn’t trying to be. I was trying to engage you in a friendly conversation, which is why I started my post off with acknowledging you have a right to your opinion.

You’re more than en led to your opinion. Again, we just differ.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I apologize if you feel that was lecturing. I certainly wasn’t trying to be. I was trying to engage you in a friendly conversation, which is why I started my post off with acknowledging you have a right to your opinion.

You’re more than en led to your opinion. Again, we just differ.
    We are good and I feel the same way about you.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could've been an upset if not for Mavs injuries and somewhat questionable officiating. Clips got a little lucky this round. PG needs to step up or they won't make it past the next one.
    I have the Clips beating either the Nuggets or Jazz.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Way ro go out on a limb ...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Way ro go out on a limb ...
    Yes it's very easy to predict just telling RD who is a Spurs/Clippers fan that his team will be fine.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    me too

unless they lose

then i got whomever wins as the winner

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yes and you will love Marcus when he tries to take off Lebron's head or when he puts him in a wheel chair ending the Lakers series.
    cool with me. we got kieff to break peg leg in half if they start with us.

hate them conniving ass clippers team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clippers are still my favorites to win it all, I’m betting this series was a wakeup call for them.
    I have them going to the finals and losing to the Bucks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marcus morris such a

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marcus morris such a
    Agreed he's a rotten person on and off the court.

He's going to play the Draymond Green role for the Clippers the next few years if they resign him. His thuggery is an asset for the clippers whereas in the past it was a negative for the other teams he played on because they couldn't benefit from it. With the Clippers he can bait opposing star players to fight with him and in any situation he has the advantage. Either the star player can chose to fight with him or they can do nothing and just play on. In the worst case scenario he gets into a fight with an opposing star player than it automatically benefits the Clippers considering his loss will be offset by a huge margin by the suspension of the opposing star player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will be interesting to see which route Cuban takes. Doncic is so good all you really need are 3&D players in the perimeter to help him out and contend. I would see if they can’t poach RoCo from Houston and Morris from the Clippers. VanFleet wouldn’t be a bad pick up either but they need a PG desperately

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Becoming more and more clear that Hurt-zingis is another Yao. He signed that monster deal so I guess that's the only direction we can take is what you say..re-shape the team with 3-D shooters and maybe put Porzingis on ice all year and hope he can hold up once the playoffs start.

It will be interesting to see which route Cuban takes. Doncic is so good all you really need are 3&D players in the perimeter to help him out and contend. I would see if they can’t poach RoCo from Houston and Morris from the Clippers. VanFleet wouldn’t be a bad pick up either but they need a PG desperately

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is porzingis first year with a mavs, noone is going to trade him away because of some minor injuries. Give him couple years, and if he is still unable to stay on a floor for extended period of time, than you have a problem. Right now, i am not too worried. At least he can provide when he is playing, unlike Tobias Harris, horford and playoff pee. Problem for the mavs is, that they dont have third Player. It is luka, kp, and than who? Hardaway?

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    initially I couldn't stand thj

but I changed my tune, I think he's fully capable as a #3.

the problem is the defense is so lousy, the mavs need two #2 scorers to outscore anyone well enough to win a championship. if they had a guy like draymond or gobert who can do the dirty work, guard multiple positions, keep the defense in order and hold everyone accountable for playing hard defensively, the team as is probably could contend. add one more quality 3 and D player to that, and factoring in the growth of KP and luka and it has the ceiling to win multiple rings

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Who the is trading for Porzingis? Dude has four years $130 million left on his current deal.
    Doesn't Blake Griffin play for the Pistons?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    if Kiwi wasn't playing with a bunch of scrubs than MavBricks would a been swept
    FIFY

Thread Information