Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn Manu, why do you bother watching this show?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This will be a more one-sided Finals than when we curbstomped LeBron in '07. What a ing joke. Just give LeBron his little, asterisked ring and call it a season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look who checked-in to the Finals

Pop actually looks happy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This will be a more one-sided Finals than when we curbstomped LeBron in '07. What a ing joke. Just give LeBron his little, asterisked ring and call it a season.
    I would say this could also be like Nets vs Lakers in '02 which was pretty awful to watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop actually looks happy.
    I think you're mistaking Pop for Bill Walton. On another note, I'm half expecting Dirk to look down and say "Thanks for the foul, Manu!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Injuries in Game 1 are going to impact this series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Injuries in Game 1 are going to impact this series.
    It was over as soon as Butler said they weren't really the underdogs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the Lakers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Butler injured.

Bam injured.

Goran injured (already ruled out for the series).

Lakers led by 30 late in the third. Game wasn't really even close in the 2nd half.

Looks like this one is a wrap before it even really got started.

FTL.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA Finals Ratings Plummet, Game 1 Is Down Nearly 50 Percent From Last Year And Is The Least Watched Finals Game In Recorded History

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Down to the heat ..
    One last stand today if they dont make it .. its over.
    And at least we enjoyed that one series involving #2

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Down to the heat ..
    One last stand today if they dont make it .. its over.
    And at least we enjoyed that one series involving #2
    It's not ideal, but I'm fine with LeBron winning. He's already going down as one of the GOATs, so another ring or two doesn't change much there. Lakers fans will always be insufferable win or lose, so ditto.

On the other hand, Kawhi and Uncle finally got their wish to go to L.A. and they tried to build a superteam around him....and they almost lost to Dallas then blew a 3-1 series lead to the Nuggets. That's enough to satisfy me for this year, all things considered.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bam is out. Will be a blowout

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not ideal, but I'm fine with LeBron winning. He's already going down as one of the GOATs, so another ring or two doesn't change much there. Lakers fans will always be insufferable win or lose, so ditto.

On the other hand, Kawhi and Uncle finally got their wish to go to L.A. and they tried to build a superteam around him....and they almost lost to Dallas then blew a 3-1 series lead to the Nuggets. That's enough to satisfy me for this year, all things considered.
    Agreed Kawhi losing was enough to fulfill me for these playoffs. The Lakers losing would have just been icing on the cake. I'm sure we'll eventually get to see a year where both LA teams don't win anything which will be glorious to see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think after these finals there's a very high possibility that the Heat will try to get Aldridge via trade. That's the type of player they are missing. LA loves to play against AD and Dwight

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed Kawhi losing was enough to fulfill me for these playoffs. The Lakers losing would have just been icing on the cake. I'm sure we'll eventually get to see a year where both LA teams don't win anything which will be glorious to see.
    Well, the Lakers had gone 8 years since their last playoff win and the Clippers have (still) never made the conference finals. I don't know how much more you want.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, the Lakers had gone 8 years since their last playoff win and the Clippers have (still) never made the conference finals. I don't know how much more you want.
    I'm not complaining granted it would be great if the Lakers never won but I know that's not realistic.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think after these finals there's a very high possibility that the Heat will try to get Aldridge via trade. That's the type of player they are missing. LA loves to play against AD and Dwight
    LMA's value is going to go up high after these playoffs. A lot of teams are going to want him to match up with AD. I think Warriors,Nuggets,Heat,Blazers will all have interest in him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA's value is going to go up high after these playoffs. A lot of teams are going to want him to match up with AD. I think Warriors,Nuggets,Heat,Blazers will all have interest in him.
    The problem is he's 35 years old so I'm not quite sure if he's really that effective. But watching AD dominate this playoff run makes me wonder why LMA couldn't replicate what AD is doing during his entire time on the Spurs team. They're very similar players, they both like to shoot mid-range shots and they're both incredibly strong and able to dominate inside. AD is a better defender than LMA though

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem is he's 35 years old so I'm not quite sure if he's really that effective. But watching AD dominate this playoff run makes me wonder why LMA couldn't replicate what AD is doing during his entire time on the Spurs team. They're very similar players, they both like to shoot mid-range shots and they're both incredibly strong and able to dominate inside. AD is a better defender than LMA though
    Even at his age he's valuable much like Karl Malone was at 40. Think about how the Lakers got Malone at 40 just to help contain Duncan. LMA can be used in that type of role but be better since he still has a good 2-3 years left of being an all-star caliber type of player. LMA is a big body so he can physically wear down AD on both ends with his big body. Which would be a huge help for any contending team. Imagine how much of a help LMA would have been for the Nuggets when Dwight was playing physical with Jokic but they had no one to do the same to AD.

LMA is not as athletic or as fast as AD. LMA is physically much bigger than AD and has a better post up game. LMA never dominated the playoffs as a Spur like AD is doing right now because he never got to play with Lebron James. Obviously AD is the better player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congrats LAL fans on the Fakers hitting shots against the remaining JV Miami Heat scrub team. "DaQuit" not "LeRoid" is going to be the MVP but that pesky Rondo and Caruso have hit the big shots. Celebrate in typical LA fashion next week (probably torching cars per usual) after you officially get the **Bubble le.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It may actually also be a blessing that he didn't play in the playoffs...unless he had helped played out of his mind, he only stood to hurt his value in the bubble.

Recency bias is a real thing. Contending teams are going to be focused on containing guys like Davis, Jokic, Embiid and Bam, and fresh in their minds will be guys like Harrell and Whiteside getting abused. Meanwhile, LMA's stock is basically where it has been...fringe All-Star center/PF who suddenly seems capable of shooting threes.

I still think the market for Aldridge would be much greater than the market for DeRozan despite DDR's good play in the bubble.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might as well give the trophy to Lakers now.

Miami HEAT MiamiHeat

#LALvsMIA INJURY UPDATE: Bam Adebayo (neck) & Goran Dragic (foot) have both been ruled out of tonight's #NBAFinals Game 3 vs the Lakers.

4:30pm · 4 Oct 2020 · Twitter Web App

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd like to know how many PPG and RPG have been missing from opposition in the Finals for all the GOAT contenders.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL Lakers losing to an injured JV Lite team tonight.

Thread Information