On the Court FG 3PT REB AST PF PTS
    J. Butler SF 7-19 0-2 8 2 1 19
    B. Adebayo PF 7-11 0-1 12 4 3 20
    A. Iguodala SG 1-4 1-4 2 1 2 3
    G. Dragic PG 6-18 2-7 5 3 2 17
    T. Herro SG
    13-19
    5-9 6 3 1 33

Herro has been a badass in the playoffs, hasn't he? He was pretty good for a rookie through the season. But since they started bubble play he's stepped it up. Tonight he was the difference maker for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The part about missing the fans makes this playoffs easier on rookies, and shooters in general. It's suspect for sure. Also probably the reason that the Nuggets have been able to claw back from TWO separate 1-3 holes. Easier to take it game by game when there's no fans rabidly screaming at you, little pressure in the atmosphere. Having said that, Herro can shoot...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anthony Davis with 0 rebounds. Lol todays nba

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The amount of help these Lakers have gotten from the refs. Wow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That layup by Murray was unreal ... it was more difficult than Jordan's famous layup IMO ... seriously

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The amount of help these Lakers have gotten from the refs. Wow

Even in the highlights on the NBA website. They had a highlight of LeBron "blocking" a shot by Murray. But when you look at the clip 'Bron is late, and Murray got the corner on him. So The King just body-bumps him in the restricted circle. Murray gets shoved too far under the basket and can't get the shot up. LeBron never touched the ball. It was a filthy game by the zebras.

Here, I found it on YouTube. See if you can spot LeBron "blocking" the ball. The only thing he blocks is Murray.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...nels-ask-fouls

Payback for the de able LAL whining?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am all in anyone beats LAL. Likely will have to rely on the enigma that is the Heat that seem to play Spurs type ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2:20 - 3rd
    TNT 1 2 3 4 T
    DEN 30 21 24 75
    LAL 33 28 21 82

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Murray should have been out there on one leg most of the game.

Final
    TNT 1 2 3 4 T
    DEN 30 21 33 23 107
    LAL 33 28 26 30 117

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So lame .. i hate LeBron's fake ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It sucks that LeBron (who always wanted to team up with his rivals rather than beat them) will likely get another le and we'll have to hear how his top-ten ass is somehow the Goat despite having a losing record in the finals against three contemporaries. ( 1-2 vs Duncan, 1-3 vs. Curry, 0-1 vs Dirk and the victories over Duncan and Curry were by the narrowest of margins). But the media will run with that GOAT narrative. The greatest thing about LeBron is he's always healthy. That really is his most amazing feat, not teaming up with other All-NBAs or running through the weak East for a decade.

Still, it's better than Morris and Nephew ringing....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Easily the best playoffs since '16. No tainted champion, likeable conference finalists (not to be confused with franchises in the cases of Lakers/Celtics) and as much as it's been the Lakers championship to lose with the Clippers/Bucks out of the way, they're just flawed enough that it's not quite a foregone conclusion.

It sucks that LeBron (who always wanted to team up with his rivals rather than beat them) will likely get another le and we'll have to hear how his top-ten ass is somehow the Goat despite having a losing record in the finals against three contemporaries. ( 1-2 vs Duncan, 1-3 vs. Curry, 0-1 vs Dirk and the victories over Duncan and Curry were by the narrowest of margins). But the media will run with that GOAT narrative. The greatest thing about LeBron is he's always healthy. That really is his most amazing feat, not teaming up with other All-NBAs or running through the weak East for a decade.

Still, it's better than Morris and Nephew ringing....
    Other than the '11 Mavericks, James has only lost to vastly superior opponents in the Finals.

Even though he's teamed up with "All-NBAs", he's always had flawed teams. He's the an hesis of S bag in this respect, who's always had complete teams.

Definitely being in the East paved the way for many of his Finals trips, but he's inarguably a top 2 player all time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's inarguably a top 2 player all time.
    Inarguably? No. You can certainly make arguments for Kareem (without a doubt), Magic, Russell, even contemporaries like Duncan, Shaq. He's kind of a Wilt. Physical marvel. He could easily be 1-8 in Finals without Kyrie and Allen. Maybe, you disagree but "inarguable" no. My guess is you never watched Magic play. Or Bird, who with health, would be ahead of LBJ too likely.

The fact that LBJ tries to game the system, tamper, etc might prove he's smart to some but to me proves he doesn't really want to compete and hurts him on my list. As I said, his biggest asset is his health.

I'd have him in the mid of my Top Ten, maybe even near the bottom.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Inarguably? No. You can certainly make arguments for Kareem (without a doubt), Magic, Russell, even contemporaries like Duncan, Shaq. He's kind of a Wilt. Physical marvel. He could easily be 1-8 in Finals without Kyrie and Allen. Maybe, you disagree but "inarguable" no. My guess is you never watched Magic play. Or Bird, who with health, would be ahead of LBJ too likely.

The fact that LBJ tries to game the system, tamper, etc might prove he's smart to some but to me proves he doesn't really want to compete and hurts him on my list. As I said, his biggest asset is his health.

I'd have him in the mid of my Top Ten, maybe even near the bottom.
    Your hatred (nothing scares whitey like a dark, outspoken, powerful black man who's unafraid to wield it) is clouding your judgement. There's no credible argument for anyone but Jordan being better.

Like I said, sure he's tried to game the system, but he's also had flawed teams (negative overlap with Wade and no center/defensive anchor; Irving/Love were defensive liabilities; no legit third option/poor spacing on Lakers).

If the eye test doesn't do it for you, the absurd advanced stats and longevity of them should.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was not and am not a Lebron Hater but this years rigging is pathetic.

07 please, he was supposed to compete with his Cavs lineup vs Prime Duncan GNob and Parker and a great bench? Even Popped couldn't blow that.
    11 clearly Wade is the goat not Lebron. Watch the game and listen to the Mavs players. Wades gloating and taunting when the Heat went up 3rd qtr was the exact fuel that motivated them.
    13 yeah that was CIA Popped robbing Tim all the way. But again, a kick ass Spurs team and Lebron would have taken them to 6 games and a close finish in game 6. Not chumpworthy at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your hatred (nothing scares whitey like a dark, outspoken, powerful black man who's unafraid to wield it) is clouding your judgement. There's no credible argument for anyone but Jordan being better.

Like I said, sure he's tried to game the system, but he's also had flawed teams (negative overlap with Wade and no center/defensive anchor; Irving/Love were defensive liabilities; no legit third option/poor spacing on Lakers).

If the eye test doesn't do it for you, the absurd advanced stats and longevity of them should.
    I have no hatred. And Bill Russell, who is ahead of LBJ on my list, was as outspoken and as powerful as they come. Both in the NBA and civil rights.

As far as arguments. There are plenty.

He has a losing record in the finals against other major contemporaries. Duncan, Curry, Dirk. Maybe even Garnett in the Eastern playoffs (not sure). That itself is an argument. He's missed the playoffs. Duncan always found a way. Remind me when Duncan melted down in the finals like LeBron did in '11?

For historic players = Kareem has more points, more MVPS, more championships. And also lead UCLA to 4 les. Sure, LBJ didn't even go to college but I'm guessing it unlikely he'd have won a le every year. Definitely if there was only 1 slot for the Bball HOF between Kareem and LBJ, Kareem would get it. He's easily the best or second best (to Jordan) player of all time. Unless you just go by les. Then its Russell.

Magic also won more les. And he did so against all time teams like the Moses/Dr. J 76ers, the Bird Celtics, the Bad Boy Pistons. He also faced early Jordan. He also passes the eye test better than LBJ.

Wilt lived in the era of those unstoppable Celtics, which cost him some les, but he still managed 2 les and put up stats that will never be matched. You can make an argument for him.

Anyway, my point really isn't which of those players is the better than LeBron. It's that there are arguments. It's this media-pushed notion that the Goat is either LBJ or Jordan and no one else. This is just a combination of ways to generate interest and something to give the talking heads something to spew about "Is the guy currently best in the game, the greatest ever?" because that is not as sexy as remembering that there have been many contenders in the history of the league, and you can make an argument based on whatever criteria you wish.

But, at least, I'd take Jordan, Kareem, Magic and Russell over LBJ. And maybe our own Duncan too.

And while they'd be lower overall career than LBJ, I'd take Wilt, Bird and Shaq at their peaks over him too. The Laker faithful will bring up Kobe too, but I'd have him well below everyone else I mentioned including LBJ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go Heat win and get a little rest before facing de able LAL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1:33 - 4th
    ESPN 1 2 3 4 T
    BOS 27 33 26 20 106
    MIA 33 29 26 31 119

Thread Information