Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    You still have to take than chance, imho. Lillard is just on another level right now. He's the best player of the series. If the Lakers don't do something special to slow him down, he's gonna win the series by himself.
    Grizzlies literally employed that strategy which is why he took the 3 from the logo since that was the cleanest shot he got for a majority of the game. The Lakers issue is actually they can't score even on the Blazers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grizzlies literally employed that strategy which is why he took the 3 from the logo since that was the cleanest shot he got for a majority of the game.
    Well, if I'm the Lakers, I'm dying with Lillard taking 3's from the logo, tbh.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    KCP was 0-9

As many of us have said all season, the Lakers aren't a contender. Lebron is too old to carry a team nowadays, Davis is soft and they don't have anything else. Caruso isn't even an NBA player and he's playing key minutes in a playoff game

They should still beat this mediocre Portland team, but Houston embarrasses them next round.
    The Trail Blazers aren't mediocre. They went to the WC Finals last year. They struggled with new players and injuries this season. They were given an opportunity and took advantage of it. And they actually played pretty good defense tonight.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Avery Bradley and Rondo are trending on Twitter right now. Laker fans apparently think they would have magically turned into Curry and Klay for the playoffs.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Avery Bradley and Rondo are trending on Twitter right now. Laker fans apparently think they would have magically turned into Curry and Klay for the playoffs.
    Dweebs touting Caruso/Kuzman as "defensive stoppers" was cute & all before got real.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Trail Blazers aren't mediocre. They went to the WC Finals last year. They struggled with new players and injuries this season. They were given an opportunity and took advantage of it. And they actually played pretty good defense tonight.
    Dude, they are 4 games below 500. They might not be as bad as that record, but they are indeed mediocre. No real good team stays below 500 for an entire season, no matter how many injuries they have to deal with. They have the ultimate equilazer though: a Dame Lilliard on the run of his life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dweebs touting Caruso/Kuzman as "defensive stoppers" was cute & all before got real.
    Defense wasn't the problem on this game. Their problem was the same as all season: shooting. Neither Rondo nor Bradley would have helped with that.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Props to tling as Blazers ...
    Yes our shootibg sucked but Bron gotta be more aggressive and AD just needs to be better.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Soft:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe if lakers forcused on basketball they might win not
    Social issues

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To everybody saying Blazers are mediocre, they just got Nurkic back and he’s averaging all star center numbers. Add a healthy Whiteside and team player Melo to the mix, and they have a chance to win this series. Terrible matchup for the Lakers in the first round. LeBron has always had cake walk warm up first rounds in the East and everyone knew going to the West would be for him. It’s showing.

Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's tough when KCP and Danny Green decide not to make wide open 3s. You're missing a good 3 point shooter, ball-handler, and defender in Bradley too. Do the Lakers consider working in Smith and/or Waiters? Too much pressure on LBJ without Rondo's ball handling and playmaking. Caruso was useless tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The no-brainer adjustment for Vogel right now is to insert Kuzma to the lineup in place of McGee, to add some shooting and spacing. If LDN and KCP continue to suck, Waiters and/or Smith might need to start seeing some minutes too. He needs to have three shooters around Lebron and AD at all times.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have a legitimate Big 3 with Lillard, McCollum, and Nurkic
    Melo surprisingly has been a good 4th option for them. This guy is finally playing team ball for the first time in his career.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    We are a bad matchup for the Lakers. We have great guards and a couple of 7 foot shot blockers at center. Our strengths are their weaknesses.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    We are a bad matchup for the Lakers. We have great guards and a couple of 7 foot shot blockers at center. Our strengths are their weaknesses.
    Facts. That being said Lebron and AD gotta be better yes our shooting sucked ...
    but if born and AD play up to superstar status they win still ...like dame did to get Blazers in it.

Lakers have no shot if they aren't dominant. Expecting/relying on anyone other than Kuzma to score at a high clip is crazy.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    Facts. That being said Lebron and AD gotta be better yes our shooting sucked ...
    but if born and AD play up to superstar status they win still ...like dame did to get Blazers in it.

Lakers have no shot if they aren't dominant. Expecting/relying on anyone other than Kuzma to score at a high clip is crazy.
    We didn’t shoot well at all. We can play much better than that and I think we will.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    AD right now is 2008 Pau. In reg season he's a stat stuffer. Vs physical teams with bigs that have height/size to matchup with him - he shies away from contact and settles for jumpers. He soft.

We need him to be 2009 and 2010 MVPAU or this might be over real quick.

Blazers been in playoff mode in the bubble (8-2) while the Lakers rested on their laurels from pre TRUMPVID-19 success (3-6 including last night).

Tomorrow is a must win. Normally I wouldn't say that with Bron and AD, but AD never won anything and Bron 45 years old. Teams aren't gonna cower when they see the Lakers like one would think.

Need to see Waiters get some burn and sit Danny Green. At least Waiters can make their backcourt defend. It's 5 on 3 with Vogel starting Javelle and Danny Green.

Lakers must win game 2. Let's see what they're made of.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    midget couldn’t beat AD and rondo a couple years ago and now the blazers supposed to give AD and Lebron work? y’all make me laugh.

blazers have a 7 man rotation.

worst defense in the league

sweep
    say that again

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron looked dead legged AF in that 4th Q. Barely beating McCollum for 2 jump balls and that late three was so flat lmao

Lakers not having a home crowd can cost them this series. LeBron dragged his right foot and they got a reversal charge call, Lebron shoulders into defender, gets a block call, Dwight Howard literally hip checks the ball handler onto his ass and they call a travel. Lakers were getting mad favorable calls in the lifeless Bubble And it still wasn't enough Yellow and Purple fixins to hand them a win.

I hope they burn like a mf

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All hail Lord Daniel Green, Spur Legend, and Holocaust Selfie Survivor, helping to implode LeBrns legacy and the TOSB lakers franchise

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Lebron is more than an athlete.

Allowed talking head Laura Ingraham to occupy space in his head, rent free.

Maybe if lakers forcused on basketball they might win not
    Social issues

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It has been 3015 days since the last Lakers playoff win. Props to Covid-19 for pushing the streak over 3k. Just thought I'd drop that in here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last time the lakers were in the playoffs they were swept by the spurs.. glad to see they are keeping that spirit alive in the bubble.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers must win game 2. Let's see what they're made of.

Is Alex flashing a gang sign?

Thread Information