Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    really interesting show... i'm about midway through season 3, where the story is started to get so convoluted that it's pretty fatiguing (obviously its all compounded by the fact that its in German)

overall it's been a very good watch. sorta like a more mature and much more complex version of Stranger Things

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    really interesting show... i'm about midway through season 3, where the story is started to get so convoluted that it's pretty fatiguing (obviously its all compounded by the fact that its in German)

overall it's been a very good watch. sorta like a more mature and much more complex version of Stranger Things
    It was good but I ended up giving up on it near the end of Season 1 I think. I don't mind sub les but in this show, it was hard to remember the German names and match them to the right person. Especially when that person had a younger and older version.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    It was good but I ended up giving up on it near the end of Season 1 I think. I don't mind sub les but in this show, it was hard to remember the German names and match them to the right person. Especially when that person had a younger and older version.
    very true.

it gets more and more convoluted in seasons 2 and 3. i always felt like i was drowning with information and questions, and the second something small was answered you had 4 more questions. i remember starting to feel overwhelmed by the storylines in season 1 and they just keep throwing more and more at you instead of tying a bow on things

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Keep talking myself out of committing to it. Will start at some point but I'll have to watch it alone. For a pretty unique scifi experience I recommend Tales from the Loop on Amazon Prime.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Dude, just watch it in english.

I tried watching it but just got overly confused with the story. I might give it another shot since season 3 is the last so hopefully they closed the series out with some sense of what actually happened. At least solve the Mikkel side of thing.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ploughed through this over the weekend. I had watched season 1 when it first came out, but by the time season 2 was released, I had forgotten too much from the previous season. So now that it's over I rewatched S1 and I couldn't stop.

Really one of the best time-travel related things I've ever seen, up there with Primer in terms of being smart enough to make its version of time travel seem almost plausible.

There were times I wished they were dealing with heavier subjects than teenage love stories and marriage problems/affairs... The concept is incredibly complex, but the stories are almost too simplistic. It's like an epic progressive metal song written about how much the singer loves his girlfriend.

But that's a small criticism. Definitely helps to follow along at the official site. They have a family tree that updates based on what episode you're on.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Keep talking myself out of committing to it. Will start at some point but I'll have to watch it alone. For a pretty unique scifi experience I recommend Tales from the Loop on Amazon Prime.
    I wanted to like Tales From the Loop but episode 1 was just a little too slow. I'll try again at some point.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I wanted to like Tales From the Loop but episode 1 was just a little too slow. I'll try again at some point.
    The whole thing is very slow and deliberately so; the whole thing is based on a bunch of paintings. Critics were calling it "gentle" but I think they're fooled by the lack of overt action and the subdued Philip Glass soundtrack. It's really pretty devastating to most of the characters all things considered.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Another show I want to give it a go is Rain. Seems intriguing enough.

Spurs Fan
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Excellent series.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I thought Dark was great. It was definitely exhausting at times trying to keep track of everything (especially between seasons), but worth it.

Name
    Luck_The_Fakers
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I enjoyed season 1 and 2, tbh... still watching season 3

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Another show I want to give it a go is Rain. Seems intriguing enough.
    This one lost me. Wayyyy too much teen drama. Like a sci-fi Twilight.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This one lost me. Wayyyy too much teen drama. Like a sci-fi Twilight.

Thanks for the headsup. The premise intrigued me but something always bugged me about the posters Netflix cycles through. Too many teenagers so I had a sense of deja vu with the 100 which I quickly dropped because it became teenage nonsense drama very fast.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    For a pretty unique scifi experience I recommend Tales from the Loop on Amazon Prime.

Was this solid? Twilight zone revival blew and I gave up, and the philip K anthology was pretty boring. So I was nervous to try this out.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Was this solid? Twilight zone revival blew and I gave up, and the philip K anthology was pretty boring. So I was nervous to try this out.
    It's a really slow, low key exploration of a few standard sci-fi themes. It is NOT an action series by any means. I just really liked the production design and found it super-atmospheric. It gives you a lot of time to consider the events and ramifications of them on people. I think a lot of people will find it boring.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    really liked the first season, but then it kinda starts repeating itself and kinda gets boring. Still worth a watch.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Tried it out but cannot follow along with the sub les. Too many others to watch.

I have been rewatching House. Now I am back to where I remember the cases and it's not interesting any more.

Name
    Rudo y Cursi
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Dark is pretty damn good. There’s some music they keep playing over and over which sux. After season 2 now going into 3 is kinda hard. Good show if you’re paying attention.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    we watched all 3 seasons. I got into it more during the 2nd season, when I started figuring out who was who... older/younger versions, and figuring out the family relationships.

We watched it English dubbed, which I thought was fairly well done...

my only complaint was that they maybe could have trimmed the series by a few episodes....

Thread Information