Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was hoping nobody would even post about it. He's turned into a cartoon of himself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't people understand how this works....

If you de-fund the police guess what you get instead of your local PD? Your county sheriff takes over, as if that is any better... All your doing is removing power from your local city and giving it to the county.

If you go further and de-fund county sheriffs the State Troopers take over, as if they are any better. All your doing is giving more control to the state.

You get rid of state troopers, what do you get? Federal troops, more power for the central government.

Like it or not local PD's are your local representation of law enforcement and its better that they stay than to give more power to the larger en ies.

Many cities have different rules and your local PD is there to enforce them. If you make it so that larger en ies control the cities it makes it harder for cities to make enforceable rules as the state police may not be familiar with your local law. This opens the door to giving the federal and state governments even more power because they will begin to dictate all the rules to simplify enforcement. Its a slippery slope.
    Last edited by SpurSpike; 08-17-2020 at 08:23 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s right. It’s a good idea, stop giving the police so much money and give it to other social programs. What’s so hard to get about that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Defund the game wardens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s right. It’s a good idea, stop giving the police so much money and give it to other social programs. What’s so hard to get about that?
    Like more tents for the homeless, or a clean up crew so they can keep moving around like gypsies trashing up the place. Maybe a dumpster could be put where they camp so they can pile around it instead of in it, until one of them moves into the dumpster itself.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Everything's simple on Sesame Street.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s weird bc the minority communities want more police in their communities to cut back on crime. Those will be the first to feel the impact of a defund. The rich will still have police protection but the high crime areas will have less access to law enforcement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well maybe we should go after the police unions instead that give these ty cops 2nd chance after 2nd chance. Redirect funding to more police training

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Defund the police so i can sneak into you guys house and slit your throats and nobody will find out until your moms start looking for you.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump said that he has cops patrolling shut up and have faith it’s gonna be ok cause Trump said so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pop's brain is rotting while kawhi is looking like he's going to get his 3rd finals MVP. poetry in motion

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everything's simple on Sesame Street.
    You are aware that most of the other peer countries don't have police departments anything like we do, no? Ever been to Europe?

Also, maybe Americans shouldn't have guns readily available to us like most of the civilized world.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are aware that most of the other peer countries don't have police departments anything like we do, no? Ever been to Europe?

Also, maybe Americans shouldn't have guns readily available to us like most of the civilized world.
    Pretty sure most of us do not want the United States to be like Europe. It's like this that well get trump voted for 2nd term. Still unsure of my vote, but I well always support law enforcement

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll take Pop seriously as soon as he stops accepting blood money from China. As long as he's employed by the NBA, he's also employed by China. The NBA never should have allowed China to invest in the league. It's made them a laughing stock anytime they pretend to care about human lives.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure most of us do not want the United States to be like Europe. It's like this that well get trump voted for 2nd term. Still unsure of my vote, but I well always support law enforcement
    You’re in luck because Biden and Harris love cops. she was the top cop and they are not for defunding

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’re in luck because Biden and Harris love cops. she was the top cop and they are not for defunding
    ������

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well maybe we should go after the police unions instead that give these ty cops 2nd chance after 2nd chance. Redirect funding to more police training
    I would like to go up to one of those 12 bike deep speed traps and fire half of them, then send the other half to do something constructive, like cleaning bathrooms at the city park.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes this is a win/win election. If Biden wins, the amount of face palming will be historic around here, and the shoe on the other foot will be interesting. On the other side, if orange man wins, the screaming and howling at the moon coupled with broken store windows (if any remain) in Portland will be notable, and the "I cost Joe the election" thread will be created downstairs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes this is a win/win election. If Biden wins, the amount of face palming will be historic around here, and the shoe on the other foot will be interesting. On the other side, if orange man wins, the screaming and howling at the moon coupled with broken store windows (if any remain) in Portland will be notable, and the "I cost Joe the election" thread will be created downstairs.
    Meltdowns will be epic on both sides, I concur... this is definitely the place to be post-election, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    " " like what, precisely? Free speech? Black Lives Matter? Wanting police units to stop acting like local military? You're a big boy, if like demanding the police stop killing ppl rubs you the wrong way, along with all the other issues wjerethe Republican party has the bed, then vote for that Orange gibbon. Don't threaten me like my post is the thing that tipped the scales, lol. I'm having a hard enough time trying to will myself to vote for Biden, but posts like this have me rethinking that reticence...see how that works?

I love it when ppl say ignorant like this. Please, do tell me all the negative things about Europe. But please make sure to list where we are vs where a vast majority of European countries are on the World Index of Happiness.

Hint: we are well behind and falling, yr by yr.

Support Trump, Holmes. Sounds like you just need permission to back that egomaniacal, self-absorbed, sociopathic dunce because someone dared criticize police tactics. Go on. It's your conscious, not mine.

Ppl are ing idiots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    America and your guns. They are shooting their brother and sisters, and their little children at schools. They think their invisible sky daddy cares a about them. Their health system is a mess. Your crime and punishment is a mess. Watching from afar has been pretty entertaining. The empire is finally falling.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a stupid ing slogan that always has to be explained. Because when people say it they mean the opposite.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That article is trash and used a misleading summary of the speech. He's doing the same thing he's done at most bubble press conference
    [QUOTE]. All the systemic racism we talk about is still there because all we’ve done is talk about it for so long, and nothing has really happened,” he said, “or we’ve taken a step forward and two steps back, but to act the way you just described in San Antonio I hope and in Austin is the way that we have to do this. People will get it done.”

Popovich also used his time to talk about the 1955 lynching of black Mississippi man, Lamar Smith, who was murdered for registering blacks to vote. He then conflated that 65-year-old outrage to today’s election cycle as if it were still happening.

“I just want to bring that up as a reminder to everybody that this fight has been going on for a long time, and we can’t let people who want to suppress the vote win the day,” he said after relating the story of Smith’s lynching.QUOTE]

I don't know where that dumb article came from, but please continue to argue

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    THIS. All "defund the police" means is:

1) Stop equipping them like they are the military
    2) Re-allocate some of their funding to social workers so that cops are not the first ones responding to crises involving mental health.

Done.

Thread Information