Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4 years in the NBA and didn't develop one bit. 8 million is the absolute max. I expect him to stay the same exact player for his entire career. There is no upside
    $8MM was the number in my head as well. More than that and Spursfan will be complaining that we overpaid.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FiveThirtyEight Raptor

Rate:
    21.4 Zeller
    3.8 Poeltl
    3.7 Mills
    3.4 White
    3.0 Semanic
    2.2 Johnson
    0.1 Aldridge
    0.1 DeRozan
    -0.1 Gay
    -0.6 Murray
    -2.2 Lyles
    -3.4 Belinelli
    -3.4 Forbes
    -3.4 Walker
    -4.4 Eubanks
    -4.9 Metu
    -10.2 Weatherspoon

WAR (different base line * PT)
    5.3 White
    4.9 Mills
    3.9 Poeltl
    3.3 DeRozan
    2.5 Aldridge
    2.0 Gay
    1.9 Murray
    0.8 Johnson
    0.3 Lyles
    0.1 Semanic
    0.0 Zeller
    -0.1 Metu
    -0.2 Eubanks
    -0.3 Belinelli
    -0.3 Walker
    -0.3 Weatherspoon
    -0.5 Forbes

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The hate for him on this forum is not understandable. He plays his heart out and is defnitly one of those players who had a positive impact on the team.

His foul problems are not solely on him. When you watch the foulcalls he gets, some of them are just criminal.

Also, if you have any sense of analytics or eyetest, you would have seen, that the Spurs play much better with him on the court. He as a classic Center surrounded with young guards, works very well.
    His bubble performance was not bad. He had as you said fould troubles, a problem which can be solved realtively easy.
    I am not claiming he is an all star, but you are arguing that he is basicly worthless and it is easy to replace him.

Let me highlight what he does well:

Elite Screen Setter, very good in PnR situations, Rim Protector, can guard on the perimeter (for a big that is), good on the offensive board and has high efficency in scoring (which could be even higher with some training, which he does).
    All Statistics that have some sort of sense in them, show that his Defense is a Big + for the Team.

So find me that kind of center in the league for less than 10 mil who is not a rooke. Good Luck. I dont know anyone who fits the Bill.
    Last edited by Shakril; 10-23-2020 at 04:19 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So find me that kind of center in the league for less than 10 mil who is not a rooke. Good Luck. I dont know anyone who fits the Bill.
    That's not hard anymore. Centers in general aren't paid that much, so they'll pretty much all be under $10 Million. I'm not going to argue over those specific skills, because honestly I don't know how random bigs not on the Spurs do those things. But it's also true that some do other things way better than him, like shooting and avoiding foul trouble.

There are a lot of guys like Wood, Holmes and Zubac who cost or will cost less than that and are similar players in terms of impact. And yes, you can just draft one if you get another first.

That's not to say Poeltl doesn't have value. I think the downgrade to Eubanks was made pretty clear during the bubble. But the holes in Jakob's game are such that you do have to wonder if you shouldn't use that financial flexibility elsewhere and deal with the growing pains of a different center. I would want to stick with Poeltl, but if his demands are too much (both in terms of money and role), I'm cool with exploring an alternative.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Elite Screen Setter, very good in PnR situations, Rim Protector, can guard on the perimeter (for a big that is), good on the offensive board and has high efficency in scoring (which could be even higher with some training, which he does).
    Decent on ball screener.
    Below average off ball screener.
    Good Pick n ROLLER.
    Good rim protector in short minutes.
    Can guard the perimeter
    Good offensive rebounder
    Poor defensive rebounder
    Decent passer
    Decent hands
    Below average post player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs