Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    15 million?? Hard pass. Anything over a flat 10 million a year would immediately be the worst contract on the Spurs roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    15 million?? Hard pass. Anything over a flat 10 million a year would immediately be the worst contract on the Spurs roster.
    Was there a Mills trade that I somehow missed?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let him walk. His 6 fouls a game are useless since he uses them all at once

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    max 10mil but id prefer to s&t or just let him walk. bye jakob

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was there a Mills trade that I somehow missed?
    Nope. You didn’t miss it.

Patty Mills’ 13.5 million contract is better IMHO than Poeltl at anything more than 10 million.
    -38% in 3’s
    -86% for FT’s
    -Spurs champ
    -possible future coach?
    -*expiring*

It’s not talked about enough but Poeltl is probably the 2nd or 3rd worst free throw shooter in the league. If the Spurs sign him to a contract MULTIPLE millions of dollars more than Zubac, they deserve to be a lottery team for the entirety of said contract.

Mills’ contract was frustrating at first and wasn’t worth it in the beginning but that time has passed.
    Last edited by FutureMan; 10-21-2020 at 02:23 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah if he wants the money it’s a hard pass for me as he has Zero offensive game to me he is a good bench player and should be paid accordingly.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not interested at 15M at all... I'm not sure I'd do 10M either in this era. 32M over 4 (8 per) is where I'd value him.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is worth nothing more over 15m.
    Your screen name is "Easy Money". I understand.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope he gets an offer the Spurs don’t want to match. The sooner he leaves the better for him and the Spurs. If he wants to develop as a basketball player and to win, as he said, San Antonio is the wrong place to be. And the Spurs don’t need a player like him for tanking/rebuilding. He could also accept the qualifying offer and leave after the next season, if he wants a better contract. But as he doesn’t look for the money, he better should go now to a contending team which needs rim protection and his screen setting. The Spurs have no shooters, his screen setting is useless for them.

A little bit over the mid level exception should do it. Spurs can look for a young big with better fitting skills and Poeltl is also fine with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the goal is Championship, he simply is not talented enough to ever be starting C on a legit 'Chip team.

If the goal is middle of the pack continue on the Popped Retirement Tour 2014 -
    ....then by all means keep up the mediocrity.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Let him walk. His 6 fouls a game are useless since he uses them all at once
    Without him the spurs have no defense. Which would make them a worse team, than they are already.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the goal is Championship, he simply is not talented enough to ever be starting C on a legit 'Chip team.

If the goal is middle of the pack continue on the Popped Retirement Tour 2014 -
    ....then by all means keep up the mediocrity.
    Spurs fans talking about championships make me laugh. You better accept that the Big3 are gone and it will take a long long time till the Spurs may think about winning in the loaded west.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be right about his QO which is a little over 5 mil. I would not go up higher then 8 mil per. There are lots of other Bigs that are going to be FA this year so I think we could replace him. If he had an offense game then he would be worth more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny to see people ITT talking about Poeltl like he's some Wiggins-level bad player that needs to get off the team ASAP. He's not. Poeltl, first and foremost, is a very solid old school C - he's elite at pick-setting and has shown adeptness in the PnR, not to mention his enormous defensive presence and shot-blocking that can anchor a defense. I think he came into the season thinking he deserved a starting spot, but his lackadaisical and disappointing bubble play has brought him down to reality: there's been a marked shift between the tone of his first interview where he discussed his future, and this recent interview where he says he wants to stay a Spur first and foremost.

I'm not saying throw 10-15M+ at him because he's essential to the team. But at somewhere between 5 and 8M/year, he's a very good piece to have; he compliments our guard core very well (his chemistry with White is underrated - y'all don't think White leading the league in PnR efficiency is all on Derrick, right?), and at worst he's an above-average bench piece or average starter, who can be a placeholder in the period between shedding LMA and finding an actual, hopefully star-caliber, starting C. A good number of teams, to not say all of them, would be quite happy to have Jakob coming off their bench, and the Spurs aren't really in a position, nor have other prospects at C, to just let him go to some other team that makes a weak offer.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually he said the same things in the interviews before the bubble, after the bubble and yesterday. But people are interpreting his words as they want to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Without him the spurs have no defense. Which would make them a worse team, than they are already.
    They play him 12 minutes a game and start Forbes. Defense doesn’t mean for this team. Also he fouls too much to play significant minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10M is probably the yearly number. Probably would have said 12-13M before the pandemic. I could see him leaving with promises of playing time and a starting role.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah he doesn't score much but the offense flows at a high level when he is on the court because of all little things he does ( highest offensive rating on the team ), he has similar impact to Mason Plumlee (14 million ). Market value according to Bobby Marks is 12 million before the pandemic, probably 10 million now.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pay the man.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They play him 12 minutes a game and start Forbes. Defense doesn’t mean for this team. Also he fouls too much to play significant minutes.
    Hey man thank god for helicopters on a foggy morning know what i mean? Lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10M is probably the yearly number. Probably would have said 12-13M before the pandemic. I could see him leaving with promises of playing time and a starting role.
    He could do well going to a team that will contend with the Lakers. Perhaps Celtics, Raptors or Clippers... Or even Suns

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey man thank god for helicopters on a foggy morning know what i mean? Lmao
    Not really

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The hate is over blown. I would much rather have him starting than LMA. Jakob plays defense and adds to the young players by not ball stopping and demanding the ball. He fouled too much in the bubble but I still think his presence was positive. If you want LMA gone, then Jakob can’t leave too. But don’t overpay him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something around the MLE for 3yr looks good to me.
    More will Be too much imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4 years in the NBA and didn't develop one bit. 8 million is the absolute max. I expect him to stay the same exact player for his entire career. There is no upside

Thread Information