Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Great pilot episode. Beautifully shot and reminds me of the Watchmen. I want to get into the book series now

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Is it super BLM? I'm worn out on that subject tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Is it super BLM? I'm worn out on that subject tbh

Nope

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Does it have a hip hop soundtrack?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Does it have a hip hop soundtrack?
    No

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Great pilot episode. Beautifully shot and reminds me of the Watchmen. I want to get into the book series now
    Just finished it. Really good. Think I’ll enjoy this.
    Thumbs up.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Lmfao like Jordan Peele knows anything about Lovecraft...
    Just the usual snide attempt to discredit an actual writer that people appreciate.
    More amateurish historical revisionism through the race lens by an uneducated moron.

Lmfao as if anyone anywhere will remember this untalented Hollywood quota queen in a few years
    Lovecraft otoh endures because lets face it,White people actually buy books!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Just the usual snide attempt to discredit an actual writer that people appreciate.
    More amateurish historical revisionism through the race lens by an uneducated moron.

Lmfao as if anyone anywhere will remember this untalented Hollywood quota queen in a few years
    Jordan Peele isn't hands on on this. Misha Green has creative control over the series. Relax.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

When I saw Peele was involved I got worried it would be another black lives this black lives that show at it's core
    He's lost all credibility with me after "Us" plus the twilight zone revival was horrible.

Jordan Peele isn't hands on on this. Misha Green has creative control over the series. Relax.
    Oh, nice. I'll probably jump in in a few weeks to binge.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Oh man...Avante would be going bonkers. His love of Lovecraft and his dislike of black non-athletes/musicians.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Thing is it does suck just like TZ,get Out,Us etc.
    Let me explain why...

Get Out was hyped beyond belief and when I saw it,it didn't resonate with me at all from its lame black/cool guy buddy caricatures and awful cliche dialog to the cartoonishly evil white folk.None of the characters were well written or acted.It seemed in no way authentic or groundbreaking at all to me other than this guy Jordan Peele directed it, some dude who made lame stand up comedy related crap tbh the entertainment worlds form of affirmative action for blacks.

So a quick perusal of his wikipedia confirmed exactly why his work feels lazy and non authentic to me regarding his exaggerated attempts to see everything through race/racism.
    One he was raised by his rich white mother in Manhattans Upper West Side.The exact opposite of the 'hood lmfao.
    He went to a selective admission public Manhattan day school,ya know the kind whites and asians use so their kids don't have to be around ghetto blacks in NYC.
    But then he transfers to the private Calhoun School after 6th grade and graduates HS from there.

Current tuition at Calhoun School about 55,000 dollars a year!!!!! So at six years that's almost 350 grand..
    Does a few years at Sarah Lawrence College at 60,000 a year!!!,Doesn't graduate well cause he comes from money,doesn't have to.

So dude has about half a million dollars spent on his education, that is the elite of the elite upper class privileged 1 percenter as you can get!

So forgive me if I find his hysterical,manipulative takes on race amateurish,cartoonish and frankly BORING ,he is a product of the entire privileged system he claims to rant about.
    Worse he's made a career of it selling it to black people.

Oh and the capper of it for the hood rats....he married a white woman
    Bonus points they named their son Beaumont Gino Peele,how ing smarmy is that ...lmfao

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Thing is it does suck just like TZ,get Out,Us etc.
    Let me explain why...

Get Out was hyped beyond belief and when I saw it,it didn't resonate with me at all from its lame black/cool guy buddy caricatures and awful cliche dialog to the cartoonishly evil white folk.None of the characters were well written or acted.It seemed in no way authentic or groundbreaking at all to me other than this guy Jordan Peele directed it, some dude who made lame stand up comedy related crap tbh the entertainment worlds form of affirmative action for blacks.

So a quick perusal of his wikipedia confirmed exactly why his work feels lazy and non authentic to me regarding his exaggerated attempts to see everything through race/racism.
    One he was raised by his rich white mother in Manhattans Upper West Side.The exact opposite of the 'hood lmfao.
    He went to a selective admission public Manhattan day school,ya know the kind whites and asians use so their kids don't have to be around ghetto blacks in NYC.
    But then he transfers to the private Calhoun School after 6th grade and graduates HS from there.

Current tuition at Calhoun School about 55,000 dollars a year!!!!! So at six years that's almost 350 grand..
    Does a few years at Sarah Lawrence College at 60,000 a year!!!,Doesn't graduate well cause he comes from money,doesn't have to.

So dude has about half a million dollars spent on his education, that is the elite of the elite upper class privileged 1 percenter as you can get!

So forgive me if I find his hysterical,manipulative takes on race amateurish,cartoonish and frankly BORING ,he is a product of the entire privileged system he claims to rant about.
    Worse he's made a career of it selling it to black people.

Oh and the capper of it for the hood rats....he married a white woman
    Bonus points they named their son Beaumont Gino Peele,how ing smarmy is that ...lmfao
    You voted for a guy like this to be president.

Well there is one difference....

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Doesn't seem really must-see after watching ep 1 but not a waste of time either. Will probably watch in 2 episode blocks once its run is over like I did Perry Mason.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Doesn't seem really must-see after watching ep 1 but not a waste of time either. Will probably watch in 2 episode blocks once its run is over like I did Perry Mason.
    How was Perry Mason? I was excited for it but only watched the first episode. It didn't really do anything to pull me in.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    How was Perry Mason? I was excited for it but only watched the first episode. It didn't really do anything to pull me in.
    The story wasn't quite as satisfying as I thought it could be. It went too far out of it's way to set itself up as a series; the actual plot and subplots suffered because of it IMO. I'm a sucker for noir and the production values are off the charts to create a plausible 1930s LA. I'm kinda glad Robert Downey Jr. didn't play Perry as planned-- Rhys is a little old to be playing a Mason who's just starting his legal career and he's a decade younger than Downey. Casting and acting are good enough to see what happens next season.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The story wasn't quite as satisfying as I thought it could be. It went too far out of it's way to set itself up as a series; the actual plot and subplots suffered because of it IMO. I'm a sucker for noir and the production values are off the charts to create a plausible 1930s LA. I'm kinda glad Robert Downey Jr. didn't play Perry as planned-- Rhys is a little old to be playing a Mason who's just starting his legal career and he's a decade younger than Downey. Casting and acting are good enough to see what happens next season.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    white supremacist incel babble

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    ^ 75% of ST threads devolve into that. Everything has to have an agenda.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    ^ 75% of ST threads devolve into that. Everything has to have an agenda.

Sad. Create a discord for us.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Easy...play an F Major Pentatonic scale over A Minor.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Seriously though...you could probably review a Wiggles album (or Boyz 2 Men) and it would turn into a racial exclusion thread.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    and Wiggles > BTM

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    I really never got into boyz 2 men. I think they're overrated tbh. I'll have to check out the wiggles.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I really never got into boyz 2 men. I think they're overrated tbh. I'll have to check out the wiggles.
    Bend over, I'll ing show you the Wiggles.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    conservatism. Can't even talk about a ing show without getting butthurt.

Thread Information