Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was listening to NBA radio and they were interviewing Penny Hardaway (University of Memphis head coach) and he stated Wiseman has a lot of skills like ball handling and shooting that folks didn’t get to see due to him sitting out.

they also talked about how smart of a player and student he was. He had a really high GPA coming out of high school
    Yeah saw the video version to this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also I think Schmitty might be trying to kill a Spurs trade when he puts out

How could you trade him after watching this.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also I think Schmitty might be trying to kill a Spurs trade when he puts out

How could you trade him after watching this.
    I guess we'll find out soon if the Warriors are serious about keeping their window open.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess we'll find out soon if the Warriors are serious about keeping their window open.
    Or you know, not interested in setting fire to the better part of $300 Million...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    19 points in the first game, 18 today and shooting threes with a nice looking shot. Dubs were smart not to take the LMA bait.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    19 points in the first game, 18 today and shooting threes with a nice looking shot. Dubs were smart not to take the LMA bait.
    He looks good and may have an Embiid-like impact on the league. I think the league has neutered the out of bigs and I don't see Wiseman as being generational enough to change that. I think the best wings will still overshadow the best future version of Wiseman.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockets really should offer Harden to GSW if they can't get Simmons. Way better to get a star talent than a big grab bag of crap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockets really should offer Harden to GSW if they can't get Simmons. Way better to get a star talent than a big grab bag of crap.
    As ty as the GSW is, I'd go for a lottery pick this year and knowing they'll get one from the Wolves well before I ever accept Harden on my team. , that would be team destroying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As ty as the GSW is, I'd go for a lottery pick this year and knowing they'll get one from the Wolves well before I ever accept Harden on my team. , that would be team destroying.
    Draymond might keep him in line, tbh. He sure as alpha'd KD the whole time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draymond might keep him in line, tbh. He sure as alpha'd KD the whole time
    Durant is the biggest pussy in sports history. No one at this point can keep Harden in line.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Durant is the biggest pussy in sports history. No one at this point can keep Harden in line.
    S bag has that le on lock.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't want Harden either but Houston's gotta try to get something decent for that got. God those Miami trade offers sound horrible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not surprised he is playing well. I thought he was the best player In his draft class. It would’ve been awesome if the trade rumors were true about our guys trading up to get him.

I’m happy with Vassell at the spot we drafted though and I think at worst he will be a good rotation player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not surprised he is playing well. I thought he was the best player In his draft class. It would’ve been awesome if the trade rumors were true about our guys trading up to get him.

I’m happy with Vassell at the spot we drafted though and I think at worst he will be a good rotation player.
    Agreed. Look, he still is a little lost on defence but the skills, athleticism and character are all legit. Warriors played the draft well putting out smokeys for other lottery talent but think he was always their guy.
    I feel somewhat sorry for the T’Wolves, the KAT and the whole COVID situation as I feel they probably would’ve drafted him at 1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wiseman looks like he’ll be a solid good player. But Wiggins also continues to look bad. They should want to do a Murray/LMA for Wiggins/Wiseman. Especially with Curry and Thompson getting older.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    one thing to remember is the trade was not just LMA for Wiseman it also included takeing on Wiggins contract. Wiggins has looked bad to start the year as has the Warriors. If they do not turn it around shortly they will be wasting a year of Curry and have a big tax bill. Having talent is great but only if you can win with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The rumors were true. According to Dubs media, the Spurs were the most aggressive team in the league trying to get the 2nd pick and they might have done it had Thompson not gotten hurt.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. Look, he still is a little lost on defence but the skills, athleticism and character are all legit. Warriors played the draft well putting out smokeys for other lottery talent but think he was always their guy.
    I feel somewhat sorry for the T’Wolves, the KAT and the whole COVID situation as I feel they probably would’ve drafted him at 1.
    I felt the Wolves should have drafted Wiseman with the number 1 pick and traded Kat for a bunch of good role players. I have never been a fan of Kat. He doesn't strike me as a winner.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wiseman looks like he’ll be a solid good player. But Wiggins also continues to look bad. They should want to do a Murray/LMA for Wiggins/Wiseman. Especially with Curry and Thompson getting older.
    I would jump all over that and throw in whatever it takes to make the numbers work. But since we didn't get Wiseman, I'm hoping we can get Evan Mobley next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The rumors were true. According to Dubs media, the Spurs were the most aggressive team in the league trying to get the 2nd pick and they might have done it had Thompson not gotten hurt.
    If dubs were able to get rid of Wiggins and get the 11th pick, they should have done it. Something pretty good was going to be available.
    As it turned out Vassell would have been good ,but a better pick was also available. Haliburton would have been perfect for the Warriors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I felt the Wolves should have drafted Wiseman with the number 1 pick and traded Kat for a bunch of good role players. I have never been a fan of Kat. He doesn't strike me as a winner.
    I don’t know if I blame KAT as much as the entire organisation. There were clearly maturity issues, they maxed out Wiggins etc. that contributed to a culture of en lement. Then Thibs, in danger of losing his job, goes into self preservation mode and traded for Jimmy Buckets and we all know how that turned out.
    As much as the line gets thrown around that “it’s business, nothing personal” the reality is that the NBA is very much a brotherhood and franchise reputations matter.
    KAT has gone through one of the most difficult, personal battles I’ve seen do ented in the NBA (see below if unaware) and would think that any conversations about co-existing with Wiseman, or trading him would have never materialised.

https://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/em...052017936.html

COVID devastated Towns’ family

It was a truly devastating offseason for Towns. In addition to losing his mother, whom he was clearly very close with, Towns revealed earlier this month that he’s lost six other family members to the coronavirus. He said that his uncle was one of the victims of the pandemic that’s wreaked a disastrous toll on his family.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two possibilities if the Spurs and Warriors want to do a Wiseman trade: Wiggins and Wiseman for DeRozan and Poeltl, with the Spurs maybe adding picks and potentially moving more money like taking on Looney and sending Mills/Gay. The other deal would be Wiggins and Wiseman for LMA and Mills (and likely picks).

I'd rather do the former trade and then move Aldridge if they want to start Wiseman or just let LMA walk if the team has something going with him. It makes a lot of sense to keep DeRozan if the team is going to have a high-potential big with three-point range. But I also think they'd do well to trade Poeltl if they plan to bring in a young center, and that's hard to do in a GS deal if LMA is the main vet piece. You could do a three-for-one deal where the Spurs do like Gay, Murray and Poeltl. But I like trading for Wiseman less if both of the top vets are still around. Random as it is, Gay is the guy I'd want to keep the most of the oldies.

Mills and Poeltl would make a decent trade package, not for Wiseman but in general. Sucks that Jakob can't be traded any time soon though. The Spurs do have moveable pieces though, and if they really did want Wiseman, I'd be fine with them being aggressive in acquiring him. That goes double if the team can protect White, Johnson and at least one of Vassell and Walker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After missing almost all of his freshman college season, not playing for months during covid, and missing all of the preseason, Wiseman in two games as an NBA player has now put up 37 points and 14 rebounds, plus 2 steals & 3 blocks while going 4 for 5 from three point land...That ship has sailed. I imagine the only thing on the table at this point in an Aldridge trade is Dejounte's college teammate Marquese Chriss. Tbh though, Chriss is one guy I'm watching this year-- his play was pretty good at the end of last season, and he's almost a full year younger than Dejounte.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After missing almost all of his freshman college season, not playing for months during covid, and missing all of the preseason, Wiseman in two games as an NBA player has now put up 37 points and 14 rebounds, plus 2 steals & 3 blocks while going 4 for 5 from three point land...That ship has sailed. I imagine the only thing on the table at this point in an Aldridge trade is Dejounte's college teammate Marquese Chriss. Tbh though, Chriss is one guy I'm watching this year-- his play was pretty good at the end of last season, and he's almost a full year younger than Dejounte.
    Yeah the thought of getting Wiseman for Aldridge or DeRozan right now when he has shown he can play at this level is absolutely none. Only trade I could see the Warriors doing would be if Houston offers Harden. And Houston should, pretty doubtful they'll get a better offer if Simmons is really off the table. Even then I think I'd prefer Wiseman as Simmons' shot looks unfixable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With GS looking terrible again I can't see them moving Wiseman for a win-now package, unless it's a total no brainer like Harden. They're no better than last season and I expect them to ride it out and get one more lottery pick. Maybe two if Minnesota are bad as well. They'll have to do something about their lux tax bills if they're going into rebuild/retool though.

Thread Information