Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We offered the best package and GS turned it down. GS can now afford to wait, seeing they are nowhere close to contention with 40+ million of their cap space out with an Achilles tear, it would cost us a lot more to re engage them on the trade. Our leverage of giving them a win now piece and Wiseman not contributing in the playoffs as a rookie is gone. No reason to trade when you are at a disadvantage, you will just get fleeced.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So it is true that the Spurs really tried to trade up for the second pick to select Wiseman? Looks like there is no way the Warriors would do that trade now, but I'd still put in offers and see if they're interested. Hopefully they turn it around and start looking for win-now players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, what a pipe dream, LMA and a 2021 protected 1st for Wiseman and Wiggins. Then DDR and cash for Christian Wood and a 2nd.

Starting

C Wiseman
    PF Wood
    SF Vassell
    SG KJ
    PG Murray

2nd
    C Poetl
    PF Eubanks
    SF Gay
    SG Walker
    PG Mills

Others
    F/C Samanic
    G/F Diop
    PG Jones

Then shake it up a bit when White and Q come back.

Also, I have no idea how to fit Wiggins into the lineup. He was a means to an end to score JW, and will be traded for whatever scraps we can get at the deadline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's fascinating how fast fortunes can change-- a few years ago, critics complained the NBA had no parity and the Warriors had too much talent on one team. Now we've had 4 different champs in 5 years, and the Warriors look to have no shot this year at all, are saddled with one of worst contracts in the league, but also might have added the best young big in the draft...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “We are light years ahead of everyone else.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting rid of D'Angelo Russell was a massvie mistake. They'd at least be compe ive. Essentially they traded Kevin Durant for Andrew ing Wiggins, although they'll get that protected lottery pick from the Wolves, so it may work out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bumping this since we see him tomorrow for the first time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully he doesn’t kill us tomorrow.

i was surprised that the Warriors beat the Lakers last night also.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting rid of D'Angelo Russell was a massvie mistake. They'd at least be compe ive. Essentially they traded Kevin Durant for Andrew ing Wiggins, although they'll get that protected lottery pick from the Wolves, so it may work out.
    The Warriors are probably a play-in team this year so picking in the middle of first round. Will be very interesting to see what happens to Minnesota, as even if they’re one of the three worst teams in the league they only have a 40% of being top 3. I don’t see them being better than sixth worst, which is about a 27.5% chance of keeping pick.

To maximize their window, I’m sure GS would love that pick to convey as soon as possible. But if things get ugly in Minnesota and KAT pushes his way out, it could be a juicy top of draft pick the following year.

Don’t think even the Warriors realized what a dumpster fire the Wolves would be. Or maybe they did, and that’s the only reason they took on Wiggins.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, Durant was walking anyway. They traded nothing for Russell, which is an okay move (though I didn't like it due to all the other big salaries they had), then took another big downgrade from Russell to Wiggins to get that draft pick. If they're willing to pay that much luxury tax more power to them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    D'lo sucks. I'd probably rather have Wiggins and the Dubs got a 1st rounder out of it to boot. If Klay doesn't get hurt, they're easily a top 2 team in the West this year IMO.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see Wiseman just got replaced by Looney in the Warriors starting lineup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prolly to get Wiseman more touches. Looney is also a superior defender at this point.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have the worst starting lineup in terms of Net Rating, Oubre and Wiseman seems to be disasters on offense for them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see Bob Myers is swearing up and down that the Warriors won't trade Wiseman. But then again, they said the same thing about D'Angelo Russell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't a huge motivation factor, perhaps the #1 m factor for the Warriors in acquiring LMA is because he was on an expiring and they were clearing space for anticipated run at Greek Freak and a return to a stacked lineup and their fake glory years? And more power to them for trying.

Greek renewed with Milwaukee when combined with the Klanus new injury thus they wanted to keep Wiseman.
    It was never about solely a Wiseman for LMA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see Bob Myers is swearing up and down that the Warriors won't trade Wiseman. But then again, they said the same thing about D'Angelo Russell.
    This is why you have to take every tweet, quote, and interview with a grain of salt. It would be silly to let every opponent know your strategy ahead of time, and there's always the diplomacy angle along with egos of players to consider. If an interviewer sticks a mic in front of a player's face and says "hey, are your teammates good guys??" of course the vast majority of players are going to say yes, they're great! It would be incredibly awkward and an obvious cause of unnecessary friction if that question was answered honestly with spot on critiques. I'm guessing Pop and RC knew pretty definitively late last season that Forbes wouldn't be re-signed, but they're not gonna talk about that in interviews.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is why you have to take every tweet, quote, and interview with a grain of salt. It would be silly to let every opponent know your strategy ahead of time, and there's always the diplomacy angle along with egos of players to consider. If an interviewer sticks a mic in front of a player's face and says "hey, are your teammates good guys??" of course the vast majority of players are going to say yes, they're great! It would be incredibly awkward and an obvious cause of unnecessary friction if that question was answered honestly with spot on critiques. I'm guessing Pop and RC knew pretty definitively late last season that Forbes wouldn't be re-signed, but they're not gonna talk about that in interviews.
    All good points!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't a huge motivation factor, perhaps the #1 m factor for the Warriors in acquiring LMA is because he was on an expiring and they were clearing space for anticipated run at Greek Freak and a return to a stacked lineup and their fake glory years? And more power to them for trying.

Greek renewed with Milwaukee when combined with the Klanus new injury thus they wanted to keep Wiseman.
    They weren’t clearing CAP space. That would have been impossible, since their payroll is still sky high. They were clearing contracts to get under the TAX. They are in the 3X penalty mode, which explains why they shipped Chriss + cash to SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Warriors had so much money tied up in Curry and Thompson that a run at Giannis wasn't in the cards anyway. Insofar as the deal wasn't about LMA, it was about getting free from Wiggins' salary and lowering the tax burden. It's also possible they were just going to move down in the draft and/or get additional value from SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You didn’t pick up on Forbes not playing even one second in the Bubble? That was pretty much the announcement that he wouldn’t be re-signed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You didn’t pick up on Forbes not playing even one second in the Bubble? That was pretty much the announcement that he wouldn’t be re-signed.
    <I> did, sure, but my point was Pop or RC weren't going to stand in front of a microphone while the season was still going and actually say we're not re-signing Bryn in the off season.... I was responding to a post about GMs supposedly being "dishonest" about future intentions, and making the point that they're not going to say certain things publicly because it would amount to either showing their cards to the compe ion or embarrassing the player in an undiplomatic fashion, both of which most front offices don't want to do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm just glad we didn't wind up with wiggins.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm just glad we didn't wind up with wiggins.
    I agree in theory, but in retrospect would I have traded LMA, a player that did nothing for us last year and then retired, as part of a package to be able to swap picks with GS while having to take on Wiggins? I think so. Wiggins is an albatross, but GS actually some production out of him. Who knows who we would have gotten with the GS pick. Maybe not Wiseman and someone who panned out...who knows?

Thread Information