Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs get the No. 1 pick, my guess is that they'd pick Wiseman. They'd be tempted by Edwards and Ball but the character issues will scare them away.

In Wiseman, they'd see a franchise center bigman who they can mold.

Plus, it'd feel like fate to go with the franchise big. Robinson to Duncan to Wiseman? Yeah, makes sense.

I'm far from sold on him, especially in this age where centers don't hold much value ... but I wouldn't be upset. It'd be a worthwhile gamble because the upside is there.
    Trade back and still get him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade back and still get him
    He could easily go 2 so that won't work, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He could easily go 2 so that won't work, tbh.
    That’s fine. Oh no you miss out on him and get LaMelo or Toppin instead and another 1st.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans value mentoring because the team saw a decades-long run of success due to the smooth transition from star to star. You don't have the longest window in sports memory by lopping off good vets the first chance you get.

He's an asset because of his play for the team. Letting him walk is using his full value. The reason why a team could trade for LMA would be for what he can do in his last year. If that can be valuable to them, it can be valuable to SA too.

Not really though. The most important thing is developing their picks, not just having more. That a Hinkie-type thought. The picks are almost always so much more valuable than anything a tanking team can get in a trade, to the point where it's not worth it. The team will always be able to rent out cap space if they ever want a late first or seconds or whatever.

I wouldn't trade LMA to move up. I mean, if the Spurs did it, I'd hope it was worth it. But I'd only trade him for a prospect and a pick. Even one year of his is worth more than anything else. That changes if he wants to be traded, though. Then it's about getting whatever you can. But as it is, I'd rather the team run White, (two of Walker/Johnson/DeRozan), Aldridge, Wiseman than I would rather get some lesser value for Aldridge.
    Spurs weren’t rebuilding. It’s a different time. The best front offices don’t leave any meat on the bone. Spurs cant afford to either. Pick a direction and be decisive.

Also I meant move up in future drafts. Like get a 1st for LMA now since he’s not on team anyways after one year, then with your own lottery pick + pick from LMA you can get the guy(s) you want next draft

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But this is who I always thought SA would like to get. Haven’t heard anything just a feeling.
    This is definitely who I want us to get.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading Aldridge to move up.... well, it depends on how far you're moving up...are we taking salary back? There are alot of variables. If we are moving up 3 or 4 spots then I'd say no...if it gets you into the top 5 and you don't take back longterm salary then do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I imagine he’ll be warriors bound if they don’t trade the pick.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If the Spurs get the No. 1 pick, my guess is that they'd pick Wiseman. They'd be tempted by Edwards and Ball but the character issues will scare them away.

In Wiseman, they'd see a franchise center bigman who they can mold.

Plus, it'd feel like fate to go with the franchise big. Robinson to Duncan to Wiseman? Yeah, makes sense.

I'm far from sold on him, especially in this age where centers don't hold much value ... but I wouldn't be upset. It'd be a worthwhile gamble because the upside is there.
    I know players evolve over time but Sam Mitc say he is more athletic than David Robinson...is that true? I know it was the 90s but the Admiral was one of the best size/speed/muscle athletes i ever seen maybe only Lebron and maybe prime shawn Kemp is in that convo...and bron is not a true big.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm probably the only one, and that's cool, but I'm still holding out hope that we somehow end up with this kid on draft day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bump. I think if you hear about SA being aggressive and/or focusing on bigs this is the target FWIW

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bump. I think if you hear about SA being aggressive and/or focusing on bigs this is the target FWIW
    I'm all for it. I would also be happy with Jalen Smith.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A short article on James Wiseman and Anthony Edwards' workouts with the Warriors.

https://amicohoopsnews.com/wiseman-e...ALowReWb0nzJX0

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He might be the one guy with the potential to change the downward trajectory the team is on right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A short article on James Wiseman and Anthony Edwards' workouts with the Warriors.

https://amicohoopsnews.com/wiseman-e...ALowReWb0nzJX0
    Posted by Sam Amico, largely believed to be unreliable around the league. I'd trust the ATL insider more than I would this guy, and that's saying a lot...

Having said that, I'm still holding out hope the Spurs end up with Wiseman on draft night. We need a true franchise player and Wiseman would compliment our young core extremely well.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Wiseman is a can't miss prospect then it's hard for me to imagine the Warriors would give up a player that has the potential to be a superstar player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Posted by Sam Amico, largely believed to be unreliable around the league. I'd trust the ATL insider more than I would this guy, and that's saying a lot...

Having said that, I'm still holding out hope the Spurs end up with Wiseman on draft night. We need a true franchise player and Wiseman would compliment our young core extremely well.
    Correct. Sam Amick is the reliable one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Wiseman is a can't miss prospect then it's hard for me to imagine the Warriors would give up a player that has the potential to be a superstar player.
    Right. The Warriors aren't some third rate organization. They found Klay, Draymond, and Curry. They aren't passing up on Wiseman if he's as good as advertised. If they do pass up on him, then it says more about Wiseman than it does about the Warriors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Their timeframe is NOW. Wiseman might be special, but it likely won’t be for 3 years. That’s too late for them. It’s also not a pure basketball decision. They’re in real tax trouble, and need to off load salary, and Wiggins is the one, but no one will do that for cheap.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still holding out hope the Spurs end up with Wiseman on draft night. We need a true franchise player and Wiseman would compliment our young core extremely well.
    That makes 2 of us!!

Their timeframe is NOW. Wiseman might be special, but it likely won’t be for 3 years. That’s too late for them. It’s also not a pure basketball decision. They’re in real tax trouble, and need to off load salary, and Wiggins is the one, but no one will do that for cheap.
    I see no lies in this post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pull the f'n trigger Pop!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rookies or sop res can contribute to championships. See Tyler Herro. If he's as good as advertised, they won't pass up on him. No one is going to pass up on Timmy D or David Robinson if theyre available. If a generational player is there, you make ways to accommodate that. Not the other way around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they end up drafting Avdija over Wiseman, what does that say to you? They wouldn't trade Wiggins in that scenario.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they end up drafting Avdija over Wiseman, what does that say to you? They wouldn't trade Wiggins in that scenario.
    They may already have a plan in place to trade him or they could not find anyone with a deal they liked. They also did get a first and a second for taking on his contract. They also did it to help get them under the lux tax for last year. they got rid of Russel but some did not like his contract. Young yes but not worth the max contract that he got.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rookies or sop res can contribute to championships. See TIM DUNCAN. If he's as good as advertised, they won't pass up on him. No one is going to pass up on Timmy D or David Robinson if theyre available. If a generational player is there, you make ways to accommodate that. Not the other way around.
    *Fixed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rookies or sop res can contribute to championships. See Tyler Herro. If he's as good as advertised, they won't pass up on him. No one is going to pass up on Timmy D or David Robinson if theyre available. If a generational player is there, you make ways to accommodate that. Not the other way around.
    Tyler Hero didn’t help win a Championship. Tim was plugged into a team that had already been to the WCFs, and there will never be another HOF player ready to dominate from year 1. There isn’t a sure fire generational player, but if the Spurs do this, they feel that there is a possible one.

Thread Information