Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't this young man caught stealing or was that a different brother?
    That was o Ball

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why waste a thread on this flaming bag of dog ?

He's going to be (regrettably in the immediate future) picked by one of the three failure franchises picking that high.

Why even bother? If you're hard by the "excitement" of picking 11th, or call that a "lottery" pick you, you haven't been watching NBA drafts the last 30 years.

DWhite (which is still not proven) and MAYBE Keldon Johnson will be the only good picks we've made in the last 15 years plus.

I have no idea why people have so much hope invested in a pick in a draft where things are nothing more than a crap shoot after the 5th pick and that's IF it's a good draft, we are looking at a historically rotten draft. Like 2000, 97 and etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why waste a thread on this flaming bag of dog ?

He's going to be (regrettably in the immediate future) picked by one of the three failure franchises picking that high.

Why even bother? If you're hard by the "excitement" of picking 11th, or call that a "lottery" pick you, you haven't been watching NBA drafts the last 30 years.

DWhite (which is still not proven) and MAYBE Keldon Johnson will be the only good picks we've made in the last 15 years plus.

I have no idea why people have so much hope invested in a pick in a draft where things are nothing more than a crap shoot after the 5th pick and that's IF it's a good draft, we are looking at a historically rotten draft. Like 2000, 97 and etc.
    Agreed.

Just because we finally have a pick near the top 10, really is still nothing to get excited about.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so is the think tank abandoned?
    It's a good place to send your kids for a time out...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another Ball that will be another bust. Can't shoot for just like Big Brother. SMH when somebody pisses away a top 10 maybe even top 5 pick on this kid..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ho lee this dude is garbage

Did he pay his coach and his teammates to give him the ball and let him ISO all the time? It's like watching a street baller try to play organized basketball

Player comparison: Austin Rivers with twice the ego

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please no. Think about his dad and how he’s gonna create drama when he gets sent to the g-league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just not seeing it with LaMelo... I guess we'll see in the next few years. Ben Simmons, as good as he is, still has issues because of his shooting and LaMelo is smaller, much less efficient, and possibly not overly interested in playing defense. I just see so many red flags. His Australian team was 3-9 when he played, 2-14 when he didn't-- so I guess you could argue he made them a bit better, but he still couldn't do enough to make them a mediocre team in the Australian League. His final game in Australia gives me shudders: 10-28 from the field, 1-11 from three, 6 TO. The 25/12/9 looks good without context, but they lost to an average team by a good amount and his final percentages for 12 games were 25% 3pt%, 45.8% FG%, and 72.3% FT%. I see a scary Westbrookian BBIQ and at ude.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please no. Think about his dad and how he’s gonna create drama when he gets sent to the g-league.
    You also have to worry about what happens if he turns out to be great. Its' going to be an Uncle Dennis situation all over again with his dad wanting him to be in LA.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont wanna underestimate this big point guards, but from the looks of it he really looks just like his older brother. It will be a success if he's better. Lets see if he goes #1.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You also have to worry about what happens if he turns out to be great. Its' going to be an Uncle Dennis situation all over again with his dad wanting him to be in LA.
    True about the possible uncle Dennis situation but i doubt he will be great. He looks like a mid range steph curry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whoever selects Ball over Halliburton we know will go nowhere anytime soon until they get rid of the GM who made that decision. I am absolutely appalled at how high Ball is on mock drafts.

This kid is an example of someone being set up for failure. If it wasn't for all the hype, he can use his skillset to be a solid role player. Instead, teams will try to force s om out of him and he's gonna fall way short.

Yes, he has some fancy highlights. But he is being force fed like crazy and like I said, he plays like a streetballer...so of course he's going to look nice until you dig a little deeper.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 09-17-2020 at 10:22 AM.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Close to 0% chance he is on the Spurs. A lot of teams just aren’t that smart/serious about winning, and need to fill the seats, so he has some marketing appeal for those teams, which is probably half the league. In other words, there’s a low chance he will be developed properly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, come on. No relative of a Spurs player would ever create drama!!

Thread Information