Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just send him to the Spurs' length coach... he'll be fine.

I don't know if most of you watched him play. TIMVP calls him an anemic rebounder. He was almost a non-rebounder. He picked up boards because he was 6'8" and playing against college compe ion, off the bench. Mostly he just fielded what came his way. He had a good game against a short-handed UNC team, but other than that he didn't do much of anything to stand out all year. To me he looks lazy.

Edit: I just did a quick check. Half his rebounds were offensive. I can tell you it's not because he was in there rooting for them. If the Spurs were to spend #11 on this guy, there would be an epic meltdown by mid-season.
    If you take williams that's not for his rebounds. That's not a concern for me.

If you take him it's for his athletism, defensive potential and the flashes of good offense ( drive, shoot) and to play in majority the three and some 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you take williams that's not for his rebounds. That's not a concern for me.

If you take him it's for his athletism, defensive potential and the flashes of good offense ( drive, shoot) and to play in majority the three and some 4.
    He seems a lot more like a 4 that can guard some 3's tbh. Not a knock, per say but I don't think he is an NBA full-time SF.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree he is a Sf/Pf. I just see him more as a SF now but he can play both positions.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He seems a lot more like a 4 that can guard some 3's tbh. Not a knock, per say but I don't think he is an NBA full-time SF.
    It's not about the rebound numbers. It's about passivity. I had a perception of him being lazy, but it could be that he's just heavy-footed. He also looked like he was having to think about things while he was doing them.

I think a lot of people are basing their "opinions" on internet stories. And I think a lot of the writers are basing their stories on what someone else has written. , there are "scouting reports" that talk about him being a good rebounder. I saw one report that called him a good shot-blocker, and then later said that he's not much of a shot-blocker.

The guy isn't ready now, and I don't think he's got such ridiculous upside that he merits throwing the 11 pick at him. Tyler Bey shot 42% from 3P and is a much better defender and a great rebounder. Saddiq Bey shot 45% from 3P and has at least as much upside (I think more), and he's only 18 months older than Williams. Both of the Bey brothers can defend more than one position.

I'll say it again - if the Spurs spend the 11 pick on him, it will be a tragedy.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah didn't like him at first glance, but since reading scouts are high on him i did more digging.

- He reworked his shot between high school and college, improved his FT% (84%) and mid-range game.
    - His 3pt% suffered because in these kind of shots he's thinking about the form too much, more reps would probably fix it.
    - His better on dribble jumpers (70th percentile) , saddiq bey is (39th percentile )
    - His great first step , strength to dislodge defenders and high elevation and high release in his shot make his mid range close to unguardable in the nba ( see kawhi , rui ).
    - Scout also point to his point forward skills in AAU as room for growth, and his college numbers also back it up (90th percentile) running the pnr.
    - He's also a good cutter (63rd percentile ) and opportunistic offensive rebounder 6.9 ORB%
    - He addressed the passivity thing in the stadium interview, he said he just didn't see most of the opportunities , only after watching the film did he saw it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Out of all the picks we can get just pick someone who loves the game has high Basketball IQ and has a great work ethic. It don’t matter to me if it’s Poku, Bey, Precious, or Williams I just want another player that has some dog in him like Keldon does.

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs were contenders, I would go with Saddiq Bey because he is ready now, but I want William's because I see huge upside with his height, and length. He could really develop under into a very good combo forward. I can see him guarding any position on the floor with the one exception of superfast point guards such as De'arron Fox.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not about the rebound numbers. It's about passivity. I had a perception of him being lazy, but it could be that he's just heavy-footed. He also looked like he was having to think about things while he was doing them.

I think a lot of people are basing their "opinions" on internet stories. And I think a lot of the writers are basing their stories on what someone else has written. , there are "scouting reports" that talk about him being a good rebounder. I saw one report that called him a good shot-blocker, and then later said that he's not much of a shot-blocker.

The guy isn't ready now, and I don't think he's got such ridiculous upside that he merits throwing the 11 pick at him. Tyler Bey shot 42% from 3P and is a much better defender and a great rebounder. Saddiq Bey shot 45% from 3P and has at least as much upside (I think more), and he's only 18 months older than Williams. Both of the Bey brothers can defend more than one position.

I'll say it again - if the Spurs spend the 11 pick on him, it will be a tragedy.
    Patrick and Saddiq are both among my top 5 targets, so I'm fine with the Spurs picking either. Saddiq is the more ready now player but he doesn't have much upside. The chances of him ever being more than a 3 and D guy are very small. Patrick is more raw but shows a lot more promise. That's why I prefer him between the two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Saddiq has no burst to his first step and has handles like a big man-- afraid to dribble in traffic.

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have to find someone who can develop into a franchise player or something resembling it. Many guys at this spot are one dimensional. Gotta find the guy who checks off most of the boxes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have to find someone who can develop into a franchise player or something resembling it. Many guys at this spot are one dimensional. Gotta find the guy who checks off most of the boxes.
    It’s a weird spot to be in with the 11th pick but finding a franchise player just almost doesn’t happen with such a late pick. There are rare exceptions but off the top of my head I can only think of 4 in somewhat recent memory: Dirk, Kawhi, Kobe, and Greek. I would just be happy with a new player who can rim run and play defense. I like Achiwa over Williams. He’s bigger, taller, and longer. I don’t think Williams can guard 3s or be a rim protector but I think Achiwa can become a rim protector. I’m not saying he’s an all star but he’s a better fit for our team than Poetl and really could end up starting by seasons end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s a weird spot to be in with the 11th pick but finding a franchise player just almost doesn’t happen with such a late pick. There are rare exceptions but off the top of my head I can only think of 4 in somewhat recent memory: Dirk, Kawhi, Kobe, and Greek. I would just be happy with a new player who can rim run and play defense. I like Achiwa over Williams. He’s bigger, taller, and longer. I don’t think Williams can guard 3s or be a rim protector but I think Achiwa can become a rim protector. I’m not saying he’s an all star but he’s a better fit for our team than Poetl and really could end up starting by seasons end.
    You've got to check out Jalen Smith, my friend. I've watched Precious intensively, and now I'm doing the same with Jalen. He's a solid player and does the things you mention in your post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s a weird spot to be in with the 11th pick but finding a franchise player just almost doesn’t happen with such a late pick. There are rare exceptions but off the top of my head I can only think of 4 in somewhat recent memory: Dirk, Kawhi, Kobe, and Greek. I would just be happy with a new player who can rim run and play defense. .
    Jokic, Gobert, & Siakam were all beyond #11 too... Maybe not at the level of those 4, but still great finds!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jokic, Gobert, & Siakam were all beyond #11 too... Maybe not at the level of those 4, but still great finds!
    That's why picking up a 2nd 1st rd pick should be a real consideration for us. It's a crap shoot at our range so if we double our picks we increase our chance of finding a franchise player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not saying we can’t find an All Star. Just not a franchise player. None of those guys are one. As good as Jokic is, he is so bad defensively that they will never advance far with him as the best player. I mean Murray has to score 50 for them to have a chance to beat the Jazz

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the guy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saddiq Bey is just a taller Wesley Matthews

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was from March 31, 2020

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Omg stop with this the dude sucks ass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think spurs gonna pick precious achiuwa over him, a little bit more intriguing for the direction they trying to go

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patrick seems like a young boris diaw

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saddiq Bey is just a taller Wesley Matthews

LMAO! "Just"? We should be so lucky. Matthews started 43 games his rookie season, for a Jazz team that won 53 games, in a loaded Western Conference. Bey is a much better 3P shooter, and his college stats are mostly better than Matthews' were, against tougher compe ion.

A taller Wes Matthews? Gimme one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMAO! "Just"? We should be so lucky. Matthews started 43 games his rookie season, for a Jazz team that won 53 games, in a loaded Western Conference. Bey is a much better 3P shooter, and his college stats are mostly better than Matthews' were, against tougher compe ion.

A taller Wes Matthews? Gimme one.
    I didn't mean that as a sleight. His ceiling isn't the sky, it's the roof.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't mean that as a sleight. His ceiling isn't the sky, it's the roof.

I misread you then. It's easy enough to do here.

I just keep seeing people comment here who weren't willing to let go of the playoff streak this season, but don't understand that these high-ceiling gambles aren't going to reach their potential by December. If the Spurs draft one of those, they aren't going to pay off for a couple of seasons at least. The meltdown over a REAL rebuild will be epic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I misread you then. It's easy enough to do here.

I just keep seeing people comment here who weren't willing to let go of the playoff streak this season, but don't understand that these high-ceiling gambles aren't going to reach their potential by December. If the Spurs draft one of those, they aren't going to pay off for a couple of seasons at least. The meltdown over a REAL rebuild will be epic.
    I feel like Pat Williams has so much potential (just turned 19) but I also know it'll take a few years before he's close to what he could be.

Thread Information