Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I'd be fine either way with drafting him or him going before 11 and someone from the projected top 10 slipping.

My concern with him though is that because he's regarded as the ideal modern archetype, people are more so infatuated with the idea of him (based on the unexpected heights hit by the likes of George, S bag, Butler, Middleton, etc.) than the reality, which is that he doesn't do any one thing particularly well nor is he some freak athlete. Marcus Morris and James Johnson seem like realistic outcomes.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does Williams have an uncle though I want answers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I'd be fine either way with drafting him or him going before 11 and someone from the projected top 10 slipping.

My concern with him though is that because he's regarded as the ideal modern archetype, people are more so infatuated with the idea of him (based on the unexpected heights hit by the likes of George, S bag, Butler, Middleton, etc.) than the reality, which is that he doesn't do any one thing particularly well nor is he some freak athlete. Marcus Morris and James Johnson seem like realistic outcomes.
    I would be more than happy with a Marcus Morris.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be more than happy with a Marcus Morris.
    Without the fake bravado, I hope.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nor is he some freak athlete. Marcus Morris and James Johnson seem like realistic outcomes.
    I think some elements of his athleticism are close to 'freak' and better than Morris or Johnson ever showed. That vertical reach and second jump stand out to me. The benefit of freaky big thighs I suppose. Doesn't seem to help in anything else, but he pops up quick and that's helped make his weakside help and blocks look good because he actually might be a little slow to react there but the pogo pop gets him in play.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some scouts and executives believe Williams has a promise to the Pistons if he’s still on the board here. - LA Times

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some scouts and executives believe Williams has a promise to the Pistons if he’s still on the board here. - LA Times
    John Hollinger of The Athletic:
    The hottest draft rumor is that Williams has a promise from the Pistons, or at the very least that they’re extremely interested in him.
    Detroit just hired Troy Weaver as general manager. While he worked under Sam Presti in Oklahoma City, the Thunder frequently drafted developing long athletic players – like Williams. Oklahoma City also had multiple rumored promises pan out.
    So, cir stantially, this makes sense as something the Pistons would do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, Sekou is a bust? Or do they envision him and Pat at the 3 and 4?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, Sekou is a bust? Or do they envision him and Pat at the 3 and 4?
    I wonder if the Spurs could snag him and develop him? Throw in as part of a DDR trade?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doumbouya was selected by the previous regime, but selecting Williams wouldn't say anything about his standing in the organization the same way the Magic selecting Isaac didn't about Gordon. They'd just be picking who they perceive to have the highest upside available.

Neither is a surefire prospect as to be concerned with how they'd work together in the future and I doubt the new regime would be so quick to give up on such a raw player.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, the mocks are really locked on on Williams to the Spurs. Other players are all over the place, but he's just glued to that #11 slot on most of them.

I just saw that CBS sports has the Spurs second round pick being used on Jordan Nwora. I think all these mocks are full of ... until they agree with me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think some elements of his athleticism are close to 'freak' and better than Morris or Johnson ever showed. That vertical reach and second jump stand out to me. The benefit of freaky big thighs I suppose. Doesn't seem to help in anything else, but he pops up quick and that's helped make his weakside help and blocks look good because he actually might be a little slow to react there but the pogo pop gets him in play.
    A little slow to react is what I see. He doesn’t quite shift laterally too well. Somebody pointed out a guy from Syracuse. Looks like a hidden gem to me. Has some offensive moves I guess that reminded me of KG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A little slow to react is what I see. He doesn’t quite shift laterally too well. Somebody pointed out a guy from Syracuse. Looks like a hidden gem to me. Has some offensive moves I guess that reminded me of KG.
    Syracuse? Who?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    De Paul.. Paul Reed. Saw a couple of highlights and saw some movements that reminded me of KG. NO ONE is KG!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    De Paul.. Paul Reed. Saw a couple of highlights and saw some movements that reminded me of KG. NO ONE is KG!
    Hmm haven't really watched him. All i know is he has the ugliest shot known to mankind

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh oh.... I just read this from Real GM today about Patrick Williams' possible destination in the draft. This is the report:
    Patrick Williams may have a promise to get drafted by the Detroit Pistons with the seventh pick in the draft, according to John Hollinger of The Athletic.

Hollinger adds that at the very least, the Pistons are "extremely interested" in Williams.
    The 19-year-old Williams averaged 9.2 points and 4.0 rebounds in his freshman year at Florida State.

Now, I thought that their glaring need would have been for a PG. If this is so, so much for all of those draft projections for Williams to the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lots of noise, confusion, lies, and more damn lies. All these rumors are probably worthless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could there be a possible Spurs/Pistons trade in the works?
    DDR for 7 or some variation?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could there be a possible Spurs/Pistons trade in the works?
    DDR for 7 or some variation?
    I'd like that trade if the GSW one doesn't materialize... But no at drafting PatWill with #7.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rick Bonnell Rick_bonnell

Charlottean Patrick Williams is the biggest riser in the NBA draft. I hear he could go as high as 4 to the Chicago Bulls.
    3:51pm · 16 Nov 2020 · Twitter for iPhone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Williams is snagged by the Bulls, Avdija will fall to Cavaliers, Halliburton to Hawks, Okongwu to Pistons, Toppin to Knicks, Okoro to Wizards, Vassell to Suns if things go according to requirement. The Spurs would have to choose between Bey, Nesmith and Hayes. I think the likely pick would be Bey. Or the Spurs are trading up to the Hawks and will try to snag Okongwu or Okoro.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Williams is snagged by the Bulls, Avdija will fall to Cavaliers, Halliburton to Hawks, Okongwu to Pistons, Toppin to Knicks, Okoro to Wizards, Vassell to Suns if things go according to requirement. The Spurs would have to choose between Bey, Nesmith and Hayes. I think the likely pick would be Bey. Or the Spurs are trading up to the Hawks and will try to snag Okongwu or Okoro.
    I agree. Personally, I would take Killian if he was somehow still on the table, but my gut feeling is that they are prioritizing combo forward types for flexibility, and that leads me to them taking Saddiq Bey. Initially, Bey caused a gag reaction for me. But after moving through the Kubler-Ross stages of grief, I acknowledge that: he is in the 98th percentile for catch and shoot jumpers, he used to play point guard when younger and has underrated passing skills. I see him as sort of a SloMo with much better shooting, but ultimately a glue guy and not a star or someone with much hope for a higher ceiling. But smart, reliable, productive players who know their roles have value in the league for winning teams and so, paradoxically, he could have mild value if we want to move on from him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. Personally, I would take Killian if he was somehow still on the table, but my gut feeling is that they are prioritizing combo forward types for flexibility, and that leads me to them taking Saddiq Bey. Initially, Bey caused a gag reaction for me. But after moving through the Kubler-Ross stages of grief, I acknowledge that: he is in the 98th percentile for catch and shoot jumpers, he used to play point guard when younger and has underrated passing skills. I see him as sort of a SloMo with much better shooting, but ultimately a glue guy and not a star or someone with much hope for a higher ceiling. But smart, reliable, productive players who know their roles have value in the league for winning teams and so, paradoxically, he could have mild value if we want to move on from him.

The Spurs are not trying the DeMarre Carroll experiment again with Saddiq Bey. Players like Bey who have mediocre movement and agility will not be useful in the NBA. You could have length to offset that, but Bey doesn't. You could have shot blocking ability to offset that, but Bey doesnt. Bey will be a wasted pick.

Thread Information