Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Williams and like his physical play. For some reason he reminds me of Draymond Green but puts the ball on the floor better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would like him a lot better if he could rebound like Green to be honest but I keep asking myself is he better PF then Smith is? I guess he is slightly better when it comes to passing and he gets steals so he is a little quicker and has better handles then Smith. While Smith is a much better rebounder and shot blocker I think they would be about equal on the 3 point shooting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would like him a lot better if he could rebound like Green to be honest but I keep asking myself is he better PF then Smith is? I guess he is slightly better when it comes to passing and he gets steals so he is a little quicker and has better handles then Smith. While Smith is a much better rebounder and shot blocker I think they would be about equal on the 3 point shooting.
    You're also dealing with more hypotheticals with Pat since he's more raw with less minutes, and less proven stats. Question is if he can put it together vs the more pressure tested Smith, where you know what you're getting.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I keep thinking he might be the next KY with out the Uncle and the syndrome but I realize that the chances of that happening again are slim to none.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patrick Williams is a mold type / jack of all master of none like prospect much like Keldon, the frame, defensive instincts, shooting touch, and decisions making are there at a base level and it depends on his work ethic and the teams vision to make him to whatever player they envision him to be. He has no fleshed out game yet so he is easier to mold.

Heard somewhere Tim Thomas comparison.
    Last edited by rankingtear; 09-26-2020 at 09:18 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's crazy to me to see how big his legs still are. They are just massive, maybe too massive. He needs to skip leg day for while.

Anyways, more recent youtubes

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for posting vids Objective

I think he is a smart kid and I think he can improve on his defense awareness so he should be a plus defender he just won’t be able to guard fleet footed guards in the nba. I also think he can fit in with Luka and Keldon who should be our offensive threats in the future. He is not my top pick but I would not be upset if Spurs pick him as they looking at his potential.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could be next Ron Artest

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are very different players though. Williams is more of a 4/3 while Smith is a 4/5. Smith offensive games is basically spotting up and setting picks, Williams is a ball handler with a pull up game. Patrick seems like a low floor/high ceiling player, Smith like a high floor/low ceiling one.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see your point I am just trying to see who fits better with the young guys we got right now and yes I understand pick best player available to a degree. I think it just comes to what we want more offense go with Williams and more defense go with Smith. Just curious DAF who do you think is a better fit for the Spurs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see your point I am just trying to see who fits better with the young guys we got right now and yes I understand pick best player available to a degree. I think it just comes to what we want more offense go with Williams and more defense go with Smith. Just curious DAF who do you think is a better fit for the Spurs?
    That's relative, imho. If you want more inside defense sure, but Williams is better equipped than Smith to stay with guys on the perimeter.

Williams is my second choice after Poku but I have cooled off a bit on him. I don't dislike picking Smith either since I think he could be contributor since day 1 but I would just prefer picking a bonafide forward than a guy I suspect will endup playing more center than forward in his career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not too long ago was Pat a mid first round pick. Now he's getting buzz as a top 10 pick. What a weak draft up top this draft is.

Pat hasn't nearly shown enough to deserve to be top 10. He's good but not eye popping top 10 good.

Also funny that Mike can't say any criticisms about players in order to maintain his good rapport with them. I like him better when he's interviewing players.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a Bam level prospect

- youngest college basketball prospect
    - nba outlier strength
    - makes advance level pnr reads for his size
    - can get to his spot consistently
    - played for a loaded college team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lets! ing!Go! This is my guy and has been from the start!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FWIW, he seems to be the consensus pick for the Spurs among most mock drafts.

https://www.nba.com/article/2020/08/...sus-mock-draft

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All recently updated intel based mock still has Pat Williams to the Spurs even over Vassell. The Ringer, Bleacher, The Athletic and SI.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. I don't think I've seen so many mock drafts congregating on a single player for the Spurs since Davis Bertans. Barring a major unforseen event (like Obi Toppin falling to #11), this in all likelihood is our guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Williams switchability on defense makes him an intruiging prospect.
    If the character, work ethic and IQ are there, the Spurs should grab him if available.
    No doubt, the Spurs know who he is.

If he is the Spurs choice, would the Knicks take him just to add more insult and injury to us?
    Damn, this is the weirdest draft ever!!!!

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kevin O'Connor: The Ringer: NBA Draft Guide: Mock Draft
    updated 10.14

11 San Antonio Spurs

Williams is increasingly receiving hype as a mid-late lottery choice due to his rare blend of size and scoring upside. The Spurs could use a piece to develop and possibly build around in the coming years; Williams has the type of traits that make a prospect worth gambling on.
    PATRICK WILLIAMS
    Wing, Florida State, freshman

Hustle Hustle
    Perimeter Shooting Perimeter Shooting
    Shot Blocking Shot Blocking
    Off-Ball Defense Off-Ball Defense
    PTS 9.2 16.4 per 40
    AST 1.0 1.8 per 40
    3PT% 32.0 50 3PA
    FT% 83.8 74 FTA

Age18.8
    Wingspan6'11''
    Height6'8''
    Weight225

Versatile offensive threat who can serve as a shot creator or as a screener; he can fill a range of roles.
    Shades Of: Danilo Gallinari, P.J. Tucker
    PLUSES

Efficient at-rim scorer who uses either hand on athletic extended finishes.
    Talented scorer off the dribble who can rise—and sometimes hang —before draining tough, contested jumpers.
    Sound decision-maker who plays within the system. He doesn’t pause possessions; he keeps the ball moving. Nor does he force bad shots; he looks for an open man.
    Good playmaker for his size due to his solid handle and excellent passing vision. He loves to use hesitations, especially in the pick-and-roll, and he can deliver accurate passes off the dribble.
    Does the little things like cutting, screening, and rebounding. With his size and skill, it’s projectable for a team to use him like a big as an on-ball screener who can pop for 3s or dive to the rim.
    Smart, athletic team defender who communicates and disrupts actions with timely help defense.
    Gritty player who hustles hard on defense. He’s had a handful of inspired chasedown blocks. As a rim protector, he’ll put in multiple efforts to get stops.
    Flashes versatility on-ball in a switch-heavy scheme at Florida State. With improvements to his athleticism, he could shine.

MINUSES

Still developing as a spot-up shooter. He had to improve his form in high school to become a good free throw shooter (84 percent), but still struggles off the catch with a low, slow release.
    He totaled nearly double the number of turnovers (50) as he did assists (29). Despite a knack for playmaking, he got called for countless travels due to raw footwork and forced drives into traffic.
    Stiff man-to-man defender without the versatility to reliably switch onto guards and wings. He’s clunky moving laterally and changing directions, so he gets burned regularly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ryen Russillo podcast:

- hearing Patrick Williams for SAS for a while now
    - most people think he would not fall to 11, ceiling is at 4 and floor is at 7 ( DET )
    - Wasserman also hearing Pat at 7 for DET
    - Kevin O' Connor hearing 8 for NYK
    - Jeremy Woo SI hearing Pat would go before Vassell
    Last edited by rankingtear; 11-05-2020 at 05:33 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of prospects i wouldn't mind for the Spurs to draft, Pat is one of them. Draft night can't come soon enough!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I definitely wouldn’t mind Pat at 11 but say he does go in the top 10 then that means at least 1 player will fall to the spurs at 11

Thread Information