My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Mike Singer @msinger

It looks like the Nuggets will get two road games vs. every Pacific Division opponent, meaning two each vs. GSW, LAL, LAC. Will get each of them once at home. Denver will play 3x vs. each West opponent, 2x vs. each East.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs lucked out only having to play the Pacific division on the road once.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One step closer to getting rid of the conferences and going to 1-16 for the playoffs. I think that change is long overdue. Just allow the boxes with all 2s to float around the whole matrix; it would all balance out every 5 years.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    72 game season. Play in tournament. I’m on board with that moving forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One step closer to getting rid of the conferences and going to 1-16 for the playoffs. I think that change is long overdue. Just allow the boxes with all 2s to float around the whole matrix; it would all balance out every 5 years.
    I think it'd take 10 years, since after five years the intra divisional games would be unbalanced. Of course it's an open question as to whether divisions would even make sense at that point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    72 game season. Play in tournament. I’m on board with that moving forward.
    I'm a purist about the 82 game season though. And Kawhi should be forced to play as many games as possible lol.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it'd take 10 years, since after five years the intra divisional games would be unbalanced. Of course it's an open question as to whether divisions would even make sense at that point.
    As the 72-game schedule stands, yes. Change all the 1s to 2s in the divisional box and you get 76 games and a 5-year cycle, but going up to 82 would cause an imbalance somewhere.

Divisions would be mostly useless in a 1-16 seeding format, but could serve as an anchor to the matrix and they reduce travel somewhat. Also, having two boxes of 2s float among 6 places would take 15 years to balance out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the 82 games. Keep the divisions. Reign in the players “freedoms” to do what ever the they want. However, I wouldn’t mind the 72 games plus a play in tourney. Keep the divisions.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be honest the league will be shut down probably by mid to late January due to new COVID restrictions

Thread Information