Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ceiling is higher than Danny since he is already WAY more fluid offensively than Danny has ever been.

Saying Vassel celing is Danny Green is saying Vassel will struggle to dribble a basketball his entire nba career...

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    he’ll be much better than danny green. great frame.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kevin O’C likes the pick...
    tbh with enough pundits out there, almost every first round pick will be in somebody's top 10.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Release looks a little slow compared to Bey's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a bad defensive lineup they could trot out with:

PG: White
    SG: Murray
    SF: Vassell
    PF: Johnson
    C: Aldridge

Not a bad mix offensively either especially with LMA extending the floor and Murray developing his midrange.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yay, another guard/small wing to compete for minutes with the two most promising prospects on this team...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a solid ready to go player but also with upside -- a nice combination.

He isn't Wiseman, Okongwu or Avdija but short of that, not bad.

He'll look good a couple years from now.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Supposing we trade nobody:

Murray, White, DeRozan, Keldon, Aldridge

Mills, Walker, Vassell, Gay, Poelt
    id go for this lineup unfortunately I see lyles starting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    id go for this lineup unfortunately I see lyles starting
    Which would make sense, Johnson isn't a 4, he's barely a 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is my guy, tbh.
    Think he’s gonna be the pick. Should be available at 11 and fits our biggest need.
    Congrats to FkLA and BatManu20 for calling their shot. (As I recall, BatManu also doubled down on it in the Draft Thread.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure if already posted but here's Devin in the Player's Tribune. Scary thing is, kid has Neph like motivation. Good for Spurs but maybe also bad? On the positive if he ever forces his way out, maybe it won't be to go to LA.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/po...aft-basketball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure if already posted but here's Devin in the Player's Tribune. Scary thing is, kid has Neph like motivation. Good for Spurs but maybe also bad? On the positive if he ever forces his way out, maybe it won't be to go to LA.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/po...aft-basketball
    Bruh, I've been reading about other prospects and everyone has "Neph like motivation". I want to see it before I believe it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruh, I've been reading about other prospects and everyone has "Neph like motivation". I want to see it before I believe it.
    Have you read the piece? Dude has that belief and motivation in himself like we later learned about #2.

By the way, Neph. Give me Vassell and his ability to speak and motivate those around him all day long.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you read the piece? Dude has that belief and motivation in himself like we later learned about #2.

By the way, Neph. Give me Vassell and his ability to speak and motivate those around him all day long.
    Yes, I read it. I'm with you on " Neph" but when it comes to this, I'm telling you. Every prospect has belief and motivation in himself or so they say. Literally you can find an article like this on almost every prospect.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ceiling is higher than Danny since he is already WAY more fluid offensively than Danny has ever been.

Saying Vassel celing is Danny Green is saying Vassel will struggle to dribble a basketball his entire nba career...

He has more in common with Danny than you want to admit.

• In live-dribble situations, Devin generates many of his advantages through consistent effort rather than through skill and craft. Has a relatively uninspiring offensive repertoire with the live dribble: heavily relies on sheer height of his release, and is often forced to revert to the left shoulder spin into a hand-transfer dribble which tends to effectively end the sequence
    • Has not shown evidence of a face-up or back-to-the-basket game in the post
    • Gets blocked on a high number of attempts of his slashes. This is in part by virtue of his lack of mass, and in part due to Vassell’s propensity to “sky and adjust” rather than play through contact in the lane. There are also strong indicators that Vassell is reliant on a two-footed leap to get proper vertical explosion
    • Unspectacular dribbler for his size/archetype. Somewhat limited shake–hang dribble and spin-move are about the most you will see, with virtually no multi-move sequences. Left is noticeably weaker than his right: in extended dribbling sequences, we can see the dribble height creep towards his chest line with the ensuing pass being prone to losing accuracy. Generates a decent percentage of his turnovers due to handling errors alone
    • May be limited in tight C&S scenarios/floppy-type actions. Isn’t the most agile at rounding corners (see below). Likes to insert an extra dribble coming off the screen to allow himself to get both feet set under him, which shortens his window and allows for less flexibility
    • Has not demonstrated the ability to get the line reliably

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wondering how many minutes he gets given his frame is probably just not sufficient to bang yet, with NBA players nightly. And if he's still growing as GM Brian Wright Hopes, he's not going to add much muscle anytime soon.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he will get the Keldon treatment I don’t see him getting very much minutes in the first half of season and well a lot depends on G League is going to happen. You know I think he is a little bit like Green but I think he will be a better version ex specially on the offense side as someone stated as long as he can dribble he will be better and I agree with that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone think that if Danny green were drafted my San Antonio, in the first round, he'd be a more rounded player? He lost a few years with LeBron and the g league, and got mixed with veteran hall of fame ball handlers in the current team would be better or worse than in his prime. Mainly on offense. You can't really replicate wingstop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he’ll be much better than danny green. great frame.

It looks like he will be a little better than Danny Green but it’s not because of frame because Danny had the perfect frame for a wing defender. Vassell is a twig for a SF for now.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It looks like he will be a little better than Danny Green but it’s not because of frame because Danny had the perfect frame for a wing defender. Vassell is a twig for a SF for now.
    Well he is 20 years old and Danny isn't. So lets let him get 2 years of work in the weight room of a professional nba team before we start worrying about how big he will or won't be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well he is 20 years old and Danny isn't. So lets let him get 2 years of work in the weight room of a professional nba team before we start worrying about how big he will or won't be.
    Dejounte and White barely have added to their frame after two years and Devin has a similar frame. I don't see him becoming much bigger than he is now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy can never be like Kawhi on defense because he doesn't have his physical tools. I'm hoping this guy can be a cross somewhere between Danny Green,Tony Allen,Bruce Bowen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My favorite point guard...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another spurstalk classic

Thread Information