Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Career over before it even started

Though nobody could have foreseen a major injury like that...Remember what I said?

Only 3 out of the top 10 ever become great players on average every draft class

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Though nobody could have foreseen a major injury like that...Remember what I said?

That may be a bit premature. After witnessing the horrific injury to Shaun Livingston, I’ll never write anyone off. He tore his ACL, MCL, and PCL on a non contact injury. Took him basically four years, but he worked his way back, and became a key cog with the Warriors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That may be a bit premature. After witnessing the horrific injury to Shaun Livingston, I’ll never write anyone off. He tore his ACL, MCL, and PCL on a non contact injury. Took him basically four years, but he worked his way back, and became a key cog with the Warriors.
    Well yeah, i didnt say it would stop him from being a good role player, just that it likely kills his chances from being a great star.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well yeah, i didnt say it would stop him from being a good role player, just that it likely kills his chances from being a great star.
    Ron Harper had torn ACL and torn cartilage. Bulls starting PG and 3 times champion as a player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ron Harper had torn ACL and torn cartilage. Bulls starting PG and 3 times champion as a player.
    Still one player. The odds are against Killian. Name more examples (recent ones, if you can) then I might change my tune.

There's Chuma Okeke who got into an injury again after missing his first year. Major injuries usually affect everything else

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True. But way less dynamic afterwards. This sounds like an argument that he will be nothing more than a role player to decent starter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still one player. The odds are against Killian. Name more examples (recent ones, if you can) then I might change my tune.

There's Chuma Okeke who got into an injury again after missing his first year. Major injuries usually affect everything else
    I think LMA had the very same injury Hayes got in college and managed to recover from it and have a great career. Most recent was IT, I think, and it went very wrong for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think LMA had the very same injury Hayes got in college and managed to recover from it and have a great career. Most recent was IT, I think, and it went very wrong for him.
    Thanks for the example.

Hips affect mobility and it might be more important for someone like Killian than it was for Aldridge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge has suffered a torn labrum in his hip three times in his career. First time was when he was a freshman at UT. IIRC, he only needed surgery for one of the tears.

But, yeah, Aldridge is pretty much the only NBA player who you can conclusively say fully recovered from that injury -- but even he has had reoccurrences. Others (Isiah Thomas, Martell Webster, Wilson Chandler, Jonny Flynn) were seemingly never the same ... although it's such a rare injury that it's probably too early to conclusively say how the a torn hip labrum impacts an NBA career. Might actually be worse than a torn ACL but maybe not, tbh. It's only been about 15 years that doctors have been able to diagnose it.

Tough luck for Killian. He has looked pretty damn bad in the games I've watched but he was showing some decent flashes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the example.

Hips affect mobility and it might be more important for someone like Killian than it was for Aldridge.
    IT stupidly continued to play with the injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Always felt the same way. Although I think 30% is too high. Every year there isn't 3 GREAT players produced.

Thread Information