My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Killian Hayes

Position: PG/SG
    Height: 6-foot-5
    Weight: 215 pounds
    Draft Range: 4 to 14

Why: Pick-and-roll wizard. Great court vision. Left-hander who makes Ginobili-esque one-handed crosscourt passes with ease. Has Harden-esque footwork with the ball. Very advanced game for his age. Great size for a point guard. Impressive floaters in the lane.

Why Not: Only a B athlete. Is he quick enough to be a full-time point guard or will he need to be a hybrid? While he shoots free throws very well (~85%) and his stroke looks good, history says he only shoots about 30% on threes. Defense will be difficult until he gets stronger.

Spurs Fit: He's advanced enough that he can be thrown right into the fire. In theory, he fits in a rotation with Derrick White and Dejounte Murray until one of the three emerges as the truest point guard.

Spurs Comparison - Ceiling: Manu Ginobili but less athletic

Spurs Comparison - Floor: Beno Udrih

Statistics
    Highlight Video
    Interview

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Intriguing prospect. I wonder if he comes with Parker's blessing. Usually his blessings have not panned out for us.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't mind this pick if it means shipping dejounte out. I don't see Murray ever developing the necessary bbiq to be a full time point guard. White looks good as starting two guard.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs haven't had a PG in years. They need one. I think I'd rather see them go after Tyrese Haliburton. Most of the mocks have both of them going above 11 - some have Hayes going as high as 4. Trade one of the youngs and #11 to ATL for #6?

Nah. I don't see PATFO working that hard to move up for a mere PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he’s on the board at 11, you take him and don’t look back. But no way he gets past PHX at 10 imo, who really needs a PG (Rubio is a stopgap). And good chance he goes well before that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you nailed it he makes perfect sense for the Suns.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You had me had "left-hander", sold. But I doubt he drops to 11.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My true number 1 pick but I fear he will be long gone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My true number 1 pick but I fear he will be long gone
    My true number 5 pick (for the Spurs) but I fear he will be long gone

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One issue with this kid is that he is left handed and currently needs a ton of work on his right ie. layups, drives, etc. once teams figure out he can’t go right they will adjust and shut him down real quick. Other then that I like the kid he plays PG like it should be played his team mates will love him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My true number 5 pick (for the Spurs) but I fear he will be long gone
    Who are your top 5?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My top tiers (for the Spurs) are:

Tier One:
    1. James Wiseman
    2. Onyeka Okongwu
    3. Deni Avdija

Tier Two:
    4. Obi Toppin
    5. Killian Hayes

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah another guard why not

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2021 spurs roster: white/hayes/murray/keldon/ddr

smaller small ball - the new concept

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs really needs a good PG but he is out of the range for the Spurs pick. Theo Maledon seems more feasible if Spurs could get Boston pick through trade

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pass looks like DJ Murray in France.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah another guard why not

Notice you didn't say "Another POINT guard". Because they don't have any. They're kinda handy to have on a basketball team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Notice you didn't say "Another POINT guard". Because they don't have any. They're kinda handy to have on a basketball team.
    Yeah Spurs have plenty of combo guards (which is nice) but we still need a PG. We have zero on the roster

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs don't need a PG. Holy . But if a PG is BPA, you draft him. It's weird how many of the folks who think the team has "enough offense" also think the team needs a player to specifically run it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Point guard centric teams rarely win championships. See Chris Paul, Jason Kidd, Steve Nash... You just need a solid clutch scoring point guard to win.

Days of the passing point guards over. Combo guards are the new NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Point guard centric teams rarely win championships. See Chris Paul, Jason Kidd, Steve Nash... You just need a solid clutch scoring point guard to win.

you agree with Chinook basically, but who cares about championships , we just want to make the playoffs again. If nothing else a true PG, makes the combo guards better, increases their trade value, and raises the offense complexity.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    french manu ginobili , sold , doubt spurs pass on him they are already kicking themselves for passing on someone named duncan robinson

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

How did you make the leap from needing a PG to being point guard centric? You people just love to put words in other peoples' mouths, and then argue against things they never said.

Spurs don't need a PG. Holy . But if a PG is BPA, you draft him. It's weird how many of the folks who think the team has "enough offense" also think the team needs a player to specifically run it.

Who, specifically, has said that this team has "enough offense" and then said that they need a player specifically to run it? Asking for a friend.

But now that you mention it, there are a LOT of capable offensive players in the NBA... under the right conditions. How much better are/were the GSW players with Steph on the court? Do you think having Kyle Lowry AND Fred VanVleet has mad a difference to Toronto? Does Kemba Walker make Boston better? , the Clippers would struggle if they just replaced Patrick Beverly with another SG.

Spurs don't need a PG... SMDH. You just like to ing argue. You would be the first one to say that the BPA depends on the team - but not if someone else said it first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How did you make the leap from needing a PG to being point guard centric? You people just love to put words in other peoples' mouths, and then argue against things they never said.

Who, specifically, has said that this team has "enough offense" and then said that they need a player specifically to run it? Asking for a friend.

But now that you mention it, there are a LOT of capable offensive players in the NBA... under the right conditions. How much better are/were the GSW players with Steph on the court? Do you think having Kyle Lowry AND Fred VanVleet has mad a difference to Toronto? Does Kemba Walker make Boston better? , the Clippers would struggle if they just replaced Patrick Beverly with another SG.

Spurs don't need a PG... SMDH. You just like to ing argue. You would be the first one to say that the BPA depends on the team - but not if someone else said it first.
    I was making a general statement ... It wasnt directed towards you thats why I didnt quote you...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would like this pick, especially if we could trade Murray for something decent. I like his ability to strip players for steals. It shows a good bbIQ in being able to anticipate and move on defense. Move White to shooting guard to pair with him if White can increase his willingness to assert himself on offense.

Thread Information