Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, that would be my main concern. I looked at an article about who has had that type of injury. Scary.
    Is it the fifth metatarsal fracture? Hard pass if it is. That’s what took out our former #20 pick James Anderson. Probably the worst thing about it is that it will affect shooting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it the fifth metatarsal fracture? Hard pass if it is. That’s what took out our former #20 pick James Anderson. Probably the worst thing about it is that it will affect shooting.
    I don't think anyone knows right now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy's footwork coming off of down-screens is masterful, tbh. He reminds me more and more of Dale Ellis in that each step he takes coming around picks is purposeful and has obviously been practiced extensively.

Injury is worrisome. He also has no court vision, which gives him definite bust potential if his shooting doesn't translate. It's also weird that Vanderbilt wasn't better before he went down since they actual had decent talent.
    The Spurs usually want someone with at least the potential to be a secondary playmaker. If he has no court vision, he’s going to be a tough fit.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The fifth is the one on the outside of the foot, and it can be a . But it isn't necessarily a death sentence either. There's an area on the fifth that doesn't get much blood flow, so doesn't heal easily. Get a break in that area and it can screw a career. I think that's what happened to Anderson.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am drafting best player period not caring about other team players just want someone who will have a impact on my team. If his medical checks out then I would be OK with the pick he is not my first choice, but I trust the organization to pick the right guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    didnt kevin durant also fracture his fifth metatarsal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Bey over Nesmith. I think Bey has the better physical tools and more potential for improvement

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Bey over Nesmith. I think Bey has the better physical tools and more potential for improvement
    With the lack of burst, how? He moves like a power forward on offense. No finesse, either.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should anything be read into how Garland performed as a rookie? Another Vanderbilt guard who was a great college 3pt shooter injured and missing most of the season? He shot 47.8% on almost 5 atttempts a game in college, then in the pros comes down to 35.5% and from what I remember was considered to be a disappointment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should anything be read into how Garland performed as a rookie? Another Vanderbilt guard who was a great college 3pt shooter injured and missing most of the season? He shot 47.8% on almost 5 atttempts a game in college, then in the pros comes down to 35.5% and from what I remember was considered to be a disappointment.
    His college career was five whole games, a tiny sample size.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Still wouldn't mind this guy. He would open things up for everyone. His size isn't bad, he looks really long. Between Saddiq and Nesmith, the latter has way more offensive versatility. He shows more natural scoring ability than just spotting up, which Saddiq does (albeit at a decent %).

Says he was a Dwyane Wade fan and a big time Miami heat fan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Didn't realize a new video of him was posted by Hardwood Hoops Central.

I think Nesmith will surprise during the combine. Eye test could be wrong but he looks taller and longer than Vassell. We will see.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Still wouldn't mind this guy. He would open things up for everyone. His size isn't bad, he looks really long. Between Saddiq and Nesmith, the latter has way more offensive versatility. He shows more natural scoring ability than just spotting up, which Saddiq does (albeit at a decent %).

Says he was a Dwyane Wade fan and a big time Miami heat fan.
    He's probably the guy I'd pick if we stay at 11 and someone like Wiseman or Obi doesn't fall (assuming medical checks out). I'm still very high on Woodard in the 20's. Jalen Smith would probably be my next choice at 11 if Nesmith has medical issues or is off the board.

That said, my preference is to trade DJM and move up and/or trade down with Boston for 14 + their higher 1st in the 20's.

At 41 take Perry or Reed and call it a day..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His lack of games with this quality shooting worries me along with the lower extremity injury.

his freshman year he got a lot of minutes and game time. His shooting numbers weren’t that impressive then which is understandable due to being a freshman.

He shot great in a limited amount of games as a sop re and it was against not the best talent which makes me side eye the numbers even more.

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy has the best chance to have the Tyler Herro, Donovan Mitc , Jamal Murray effect. Late lottery all star caliber shooter/player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm starting to get up for him being our guy at 11, him and Keldon together on the wings could be great punch

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can he play the 3/4 full time? Have not read much about him. Would not make sense to draft another guard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can he play the 3/4 full time? Have not read much about him. Would not make sense to draft another guard
    I mean, maybe in small ball line ups. Nesmith is what we wish Lonnie could be (without the hops). He'd be like Jamal Murray out there with ace shooting.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, maybe in small ball line ups. Nesmith is what we wish Lonnie could be (without the hops). He'd be like Jamal Murray out there with ace shooting.
    This is ridiculous, Nesmith is not comparable to Jamal Murray - he can't pass at that level, nor drive. He's a gunner, not a point guard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is ridiculous, Nesmith is not comparable to Jamal Murray - he can't pass at that level, nor drive. He's a gunner, not a point guard.
    All I mentioned was shooting. Please re-read. Jesus.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All I mentioned was shooting. Please re-read. Jesus.
    I assume english is a second language for you?

What you wrote: "He'd be like Jamal Murray out there with ace shooting." Given Jamal Murray doesn't have ace shooting (34.6 3FG% this year vs an average PG's 35.6 3FG%), your sentence means Jamal Murray + "ace shooting" ... which Nesmith is not going to do. If you wanted to say he'd shoot like Jamal Murray, you should write a sentence like : "He'd give us ace shooting like Jamal Murray."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I assume english is a second language for you?

What you wrote: "He'd be like Jamal Murray out there with ace shooting." Given Jamal Murray doesn't have ace shooting (34.6 3FG% this year vs an average PG's 35.6 3FG%), your sentence means Jamal Murray + "ace shooting" ... which Nesmith is not going to do. If you wanted to say he'd shoot like Jamal Murray, you should write a sentence like : "He'd give us ace shooting like Jamal Murray."
    If you wanted to be an ass, you should have told me. What got your panties in a wad? Grammar nazi, much? Did I call you out on some bull that's why you're pissed off? off, old man. You're still living in the 90s if you still think having a second language is still something to be ashamed of.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah, I remember now. You're the Poku boy who will go and criticize every prospect but Poku because you're so in love with him. I haven't said about Poku in a while. Why don't you go follow Poku on whatever team he lands on if it isn't the Spurs? That way you can keep sucking on his and off from here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't really see Murray as a good shooting comp either, but I'm just coming back to this thread and don't know the full context. I see more Gordon or Thompson when talking about Neismith's shooting. I don't know about percentages, but when it comes to how they get their shots and their willingness to take those shots, I think that's where he'll be. I see him as someone who can be a top option of a good offense but not someone who can be the engine of a top offense. That might seem like a bad thing, but that ceiling is beyond where any player on the roster currently is, and it'd allow for flexibility in how the rest of the team is constructed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see someone between Malik Beasley and Allan Houston

Thread Information