Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Knicks a good organization - Oh Please Stop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Knicks a good organization - Oh Please Stop.
    Does that demonstrate a low BBIQ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone believe that pop would want him at 11 since he’s pro Isreal? We all know pops radical views

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Radical views", because he's a proponent of human rights/equality. What a messed up, disgraceful country.

All you dumb hicks out there have been so brainwashed and kept in the dark with this fear mongering nonsense that common sense is beyond your comprehension.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone believe that pop would want him at 11 since he’s pro Isreal? We all know pops radical views
    What is pop’s radical view on Israel?
    Last edited by The Truth #6; 10-01-2020 at 04:02 PM.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    actually started playing basketball at a later age than his peers, around 10yo

LOL. No he didn't. If I'd seen this, I would have corrected your dumb ass before this. I don't give a rat what your Google article told you, he was playing basketball before he was 10.

I don't know for sure when he started playing organized ball, but he had a ball in his hands since he was a toddler. His dad was a pro, and started coaching youth basketball when Deni was little. They lived about a block away from the house I stayed in while I was consulting there, and his dad was a local celebrity. The International School was right there in Herzliya, and the Israeli kids used to run circles around all the diplomat kids. The school moved down the road to HaSharon somewhere around '07 or '08, and I'm pretty sure Zufer's kid was playing by then.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL. No he didn't. If I'd seen this, I would have corrected your dumb ass before this. I don't give a rat what your Google article told you, he was playing basketball before he was 10.

I don't know for sure when he started playing organized ball, but he had a ball in his hands since he was a toddler. His dad was a pro, and started coaching youth basketball when Deni was little. They lived about a block away from the house I stayed in while I was consulting there, and his dad was a local celebrity. The International School was right there in Herzliya, and the Israeli kids used to run circles around all the diplomat kids. The school moved down the road to HaSharon somewhere around '07 or '08, and I'm pretty sure Zufer's kid was playing by then.

Now that’s coming with the goods.

Tim to Tony to Manu! bdictjames's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That comparison is money

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"Avdija was born on kibbutz Beit Zera, Israel.[1] He played association football until he entered fourth grade, when he began focusing on basketball"
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deni_Avdija

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Avdija was born on kibbutz Beit Zera, Israel.[1] He played association football until he entered fourth grade, when he began focusing on basketball"
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deni_Avdija
    Oh, well, if WikiPedia says it, it must be true.

Here... this took me all of 30 seconds to find on the same Internet you use: "He started playing basketball when he was 8 years old. Avdija played for the Bnei Herzliya youth team and later joined the Maccabi Tel Aviv youth team in 2013. Avdija led Maccabi to three consecutive youth state championships from 2017 to 2019."

And I'm telling you that some little kid was shooting on a short hoop outside the house in about 2006. It was a one-way street and I had to drive by the house every day when I was there because I couldn't get to the highway any other way. I never stopped to ask his name, but it seems pretty obvious.

The point is that these young guys whose dads were ballers have a big head start, and a good chance that they were schooled in fundamentals from childhood. (Not to mention athlete genes.) It's not a guarantee, but I've started to believe that it's a factor worth weighing. He'll be gone before the Spurs pick, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The point is that these young guys whose dads were ballers have a big head start, and a good chance that they were schooled in fundamentals from childhood. (Not to mention athlete genes.) It's not a guarantee, but I've started to believe that it's a factor worth weighing. He'll be gone before the Spurs pick, though.
    There was this kid in our elementary school whose dad was a teacher & basketball coach at a nearby high school, and he told us that he had to regularly practice dribbling for half an hour with his good hand tied to a belt loop behind his back because his dad said he relied too much on it. We thought that was hilarious at the time. In retrospect, that's great teaching.
    Plus there's that whole 10,000 hours of practice theory that I think is mostly true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, well, if WikiPedia says it, it must be true.

Here... this took me all of 30 seconds to find on the same Internet you use: "He started playing basketball when he was 8 years old. Avdija played for the Bnei Herzliya youth team and later joined the Maccabi Tel Aviv youth team in 2013. Avdija led Maccabi to three consecutive youth state championships from 2017 to 2019."

And I'm telling you that some little kid was shooting on a short hoop outside the house in about 2006. It was a one-way street and I had to drive by the house every day when I was there because I couldn't get to the highway any other way. I never stopped to ask his name, but it seems pretty obvious.

8 years old is still later than most... and he wasn't lived or raised with his dad growing up, it's not a story of a dad pushing his kid to basketball from the moment he was born or having privilege, it's a kid who figure out slowly what he want to do in life on his own while his formar bb player dad enter the picture after only for support

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Avdija is going to participate in the combine. These guys aren't:

Onyeka Okongwu, Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Vassell, Patrick Williams, Cole Anthony, Obi Toppin, Tyrese Maxey, Aaron Nesmith, Saddiq Bey

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Avdija is going to participate in the combine. These guys aren't:

Onyeka Okongwu, Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Vassell, Patrick Williams, Cole Anthony, Obi Toppin, Tyrese Maxey, Aaron Nesmith, Saddiq Bey
    Don't forget Poku

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Radical views", because he's a proponent of human rights/equality. What a messed up, disgraceful country.

All you dumb hicks out there have been so brainwashed and kept in the dark with this fear mongering nonsense that common sense is beyond your comprehension.

LOL. I didn't see this before, either, or I would have straightened your dumb ass out too. Another person who doesn't know dog about the thing he's ranting about.

There are mosques all over that country. Drive through the countryside after sundown and there are green lights all over the place. There were places where you could look around and see three or even four of them, from one single spot. There is a mosque in downtown Tel Aviv that had fallen into disrepair, so the Israelis took up a collection and paid to fix it up. During some of the big wars, the people in Haifa (for instance) took their Palestinian neighbors into their houses to protect them. There are Palestinian villages all ing over the country - and they leave rebar sticking out from the tops of their houses, so they can say they are unfinished and not pay taxes. The people aren't fighting all the time. Deni Avdija's father is a Muslim, and he's a celebrity. Nobody gives a , except for the idiots that occasionally blow up buses and malls. People with anger issues, like you.

Maybe if you read some history instead of Reddit, you wouldn't be so stunted and angry. All through history there were actual tribes made up of both Jews and Arabs. Lots of them. People like you talking about fear mongering would be funny if you weren't so pathetic.

"Fat, lazy, and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." - Zeus
    Last edited by ZeusWillJudge; 10-26-2020 at 09:57 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't forget Poku

Damn, you're right.

Do you know if they are inviting any of the G-League "Elite" players like they did last year? This whole offseason is just so strange.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this a new trend for so many players to skip the combine?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this a new trend for so many players to skip the combine?
    I think this is the first year it has ever been like this. Usually, only a couple from the top five would skip it. Never this many.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, you're right.

Do you know if they are inviting any of the G-League "Elite" players like they did last year? This whole offseason is just so strange.
    Honestly, no clue about all this "Elite" hoopla going on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think this is the first year it has ever been like this. Usually, only a couple from the top five would skip it. Never this many.
    I hope this uncertainty benefits the Spurs with the 11th pick. If they're done their homework early.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, no clue about all this "Elite" hoopla going on.

Meh. I don't even know if they held the Elite Camp this year. Probably not, now that I think about it. "You guys are scrubs - we don't have to keep you in a bubble." That doesn't sound right.

This whole thing is just so strange. So many players opting out of the combine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Part of me thinks it's the players' agencies going on a little power trip...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL. I didn't see this before, either, or I would have straightened your dumb ass out too. Another person who doesn't know dog about the thing he's ranting about.

There are mosques all over that country. Drive through the countryside after sundown and there are green lights all over the place. There were places where you could look around and see three or even four of them, from one single spot. There is a mosque in downtown Tel Aviv that had fallen into disrepair, so the Israelis took up a collection and paid to fix it up. During some of the big wars, the people in Haifa (for instance) took their Palestinian neighbors into their houses to protect them. There are Palestinian villages all ing over the country - and they leave rebar sticking out from the tops of their houses, so they can say they are unfinished and not pay taxes. The people aren't fighting all the time. Deni Avdija's father is a Muslim, and he's a celebrity. Nobody gives a , except for the idiots that occasionally blow up buses and malls. People with anger issues, like you.

Maybe if you read some history instead of Reddit, you wouldn't be so stunted and angry. All through history there were actual tribes made up of both Jews and Arabs. Lots of them. People like you talking about fear mongering would be funny if you weren't so pathetic.

"Fat, lazy, and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." - Zeus
    You took this out of context genius and at the old, closet racist, who constantly rants and raves, claiming someone else has "anger issues". How dare I have the audacity to disagree and debate basketball on a basketball message board.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You took this out of context genius and at the old, closet racist, who constantly rants and raves, claiming someone else has "anger issues". How dare I have the audacity to disagree and debate basketball on a basketball message board.

There wasn't an ounce of basketball in what you said. Calling a country disgraceful, and people hicks, when it's you that hasn't been outside your own county. Of course I'm going to spank you and send you to your room.

"Closet racist" The Battle Hymn of the Repugnant.

Thread Information