Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get why you think taking DJM's and Gay's deal instead of LMA's is better for DET financially. It's more money, and more long-term money while also leaving a hole that isn't there right now. For the Spurs, it's a poor use of resources, because they'll have to make up for losing two guards while only getting a decent one back. Then they'd have to deal with a LMA/Griffin front court. Talented, but I don't think they'd play well together.

I do get the appeal of moving Murray to off-set some of Griffin's money. They'd probably have a realistic path to a max slot if they did that. It's just not my main priority anymore unless the Spurs move up to 7 to draft Haliburton or something. Then you try to trade for a mid-first to draft a wing
    I'm not a fan of Deni at all. If the FO would make that trade to get #7 to me it should be to move up to get Haliburton. That's why i'm not as worried about losing Murray and DDR.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not a fan of Deni at all. If the FO would make that trade to get #7 to me it should be to move up to get Haliburton. That's why i'm not as worried about losing Murray and DDR.
    I'm not married to the dude either. But this thread was talking about the Spurs working him out, so I put him as their pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like that.... if I win...send mine to St Jude's...
    Same - great bet!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get why you think taking DJM's and Gay's deal instead of LMA's is better for DET financially. It's more money, and more long-term money while also leaving a hole that isn't there right now. For the Spurs, it's a poor use of resources, because they'll have to make up for losing two guards while only getting a decent one back. Then they'd have to deal with a LMA/Griffin front court. Talented, but I don't think they'd play well together.

I do get the appeal of moving Murray to off-set some of Griffin's money. They'd probably have a realistic path to a max slot if they did that. It's just not my main priority anymore unless the Spurs move up to 7 to draft Haliburton or something. Then you try to trade for a mid-first to draft a wing
    I think it's more palatable to Detroit since, while true that it's more long-term money with DJ's 4-year deal, it's also a lot of long-term security for a young player who, in their eyes, is coming off a down season after an ACL and could be breaking out soon. Of course, we Spurs fans know it ain't happening, but I can see Detroit talking themselves into it. DDR+LMA is not only a LOT of money, it's also mostly guaranteed that neither of them will re-sign there after their contracts end, so they'd be losing their lottery pick for a one-year rental of two vets that aren't moving their needle. Matter-of-fact, to be honest, I don't see why Detroit would do that deal at all, except maybe to get out of Griffin's salary, which I don't know that they're too desperate to do (and what's more, willing to sacrifice a #7 pick to do).

Maybe "more financially palatable" would've been the right expression. In any case, I don't think either trade is likely, especially without having to throw #11 in - Detroit isn't losing their lottery pick for over-the-hill, overpaid vets who won't take them anywhere and won't re-sign there, whether that combination is DDR/LMA or Gay/DDR or whomever, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka was a star when he was 19. He outplayed Dragic at Eurobasket being that young. Deni is nowhere near that
    Its not that people think Deni is on Luka’s level. Someone will want to reach for a Euro in a league with uncertainty. I think he’ll be picked between pick 5 and 9, but I am also an idiot who is guessing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't seen full video but apparently teammate immediately covered his leg after injury...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh wow

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man that does not look good at all - hopefully it's something he can recover from it always sucks to see players get these type of major injuries

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wizards rookie forward Deni Avdija suffered a hairline fracture in his right ankle, ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski tweets.

Thread Information