Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There wasn't an ounce of basketball in what you said. Calling a country disgraceful, and people hicks, when it's you that hasn't been outside your own county. Of course I'm going to spank you and send you to your room.

"Closet racist" The Battle Hymn of the Repugnant.
    It wasn't meant to be about basketball and as if your miserable, closet racist ass would know where I've been.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs worked him out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deni has been my tier 1 prospect for awhile now alongside Halliburton

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs worked him out

not sure why this would have been a serious look over unless the spurs are looking to move up somehow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bust

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not sure why this would have been a serious look over unless the spurs are looking to move up somehow.
    The outrage of people here if the Spurs move up to get Deni when Wiseman is available lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very common. Especially if you’re in the lottery. Teams request workouts with tons of guys they may never get; usually it’s the player/agent that decline though if they don’t like a team or think there’s a chance.

But every team prob requests workouts from the top 10 guys

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very common. Especially if you’re in the lottery. Teams request workouts with tons of guys they may never get; usually it’s the player/agent that decline though if they don’t like a team or think there’s a chance.

But every team prob requests workouts from the top 10 guys
    Except this year they are limited to 10 in-person workouts. It seems like a real waste if it is merely subterfuge on the Spurs part.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do we know whether the Spurs have worked out Wiseman? This could very well be a smoke-and-mirrors move on the Spurs' part. But I'd also be happy with Deni... Position-wise, I'd rather we have Wiseman since he compliments the current core much better, but of course, we don't have any player on the team right now that should actively deter the Spurs from drafting BPA in any position. I'd take Avdija - especially with the rumors that both Charlotte and GSW are interested in Wiseman. The third pick might be easier to get than #2.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Except this year they are limited to 10 in-person workouts. It seems like a real waste if it is merely subterfuge on the Spurs part.
    Yep. shows at the very least the Spurs are contemplating trading up to a top 5ish spot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Deni is our pick AND he becomes an all star, I could see him being very marketable. He's got the looks, the charm, and the game. It would bring SA back to the spotlight again. His jersey would sell like hot cakes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not when you are pick 11

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have drafted guys they haven’t worked out before.

If LaMelo and Edward’s declined to workout for you and you’re pick 11 that means your 10 workouts would be the next 10 best guys after LaMelo and Edward’s for example

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have drafted guys they haven’t worked out before.

If LaMelo and Edward’s declined to workout for you and you’re pick 11 that means your 10 workouts would be the next 10 best guys after LaMelo and Edward’s for example
    They also drafted guys they've worked out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who knows. He is the guy you'd want to move up for.

But I really doubt the Spurs have the ammo to get there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who knows. He is the guy you'd want to move up for.

But I really doubt the Spurs have the ammo to get there.
    I really think it might not cost all that much (relatively) to get to the top of this draft. Especially if Charlotte ends up trading for #2 and GSW doesn't have many suitors for #3 with one of the "surefire" top prospects already gone...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They also drafted guys they've worked out.
    Duh ?

What’s the point of saying that? Look, working out Deni is both common and can mean they are interested and trying to move up. Both can be true.

However, regardless if they are trying to move up they would 100% still be requesting a workout and doing their due diligence (maybe he falls etc). But especially in the lottery you try to workout the best 15 guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duh ?

What’s the point of saying that? Look, working out Deni is both common and can mean they are interested and trying to move up. Both can be true.

However, regardless if they are trying to move up they would 100% still be requesting a workout and doing their due diligence (maybe he falls etc). But especially in the lottery you try to workout the best 15 guys.
    The same question can be asked about you saying "the Spurs draft players they don't workout". What's the point?

Like the other guy pointed out, the Spurs only have ten in person visits. Combine that with RC Buford reportedly scouting Deni at one of his games, which was overseas, earlier this year ... Well, sometimes it's not nothing.

Just because you don't like the guy, doesn't mean there couldn't be real interest there for the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Edit: Sorry missed this.
    Last edited by PhantomDashCam; 11-02-2020 at 02:05 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty interesting imo, top 5 projected picks don’t workout for teams drafting at 11, but it probably is smoke screen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. Think he’ll be a bust too

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It really doesn't make sense to use one of your 10 official workouts with a player you don't think will be available in your range unless your considering moving to a different range.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The same question can be asked about you saying "the Spurs draft players they don't workout". What's the point?

Like the other guy pointed out, the Spurs only have ten in person visits. Combine that with RC Buford reportedly scouting Deni at one of his games, which was overseas, earlier this year ... Well, sometimes it's not nothing.

Just because you don't like the guy, doesn't mean there couldn't be real interest there for the Spurs.
    What? There’s a massive difference in teams who draft guys they never work out (rare) and teams that work out the top players when they own a lottery pick.

The “duh” was referring to the obvious statement that of course they have also drafted players they worked out. Like what does that add to the conversation?

Whether I like him or not has absolutely nothing to do with the context of this conversation. Even if Sa HATED Deni they would still work him out.

When you pick 11 and you get 10 workouts you workout the 10 best players. No matter what Deni is on that list especially knowing that 99.99% LaMelo and/or Edward’s would not grant you a workout.

So no matter what Sa would be requesting this Deni workout. They may love him and trade up and get him. That doesn’t change the point I’m making.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It really doesn't make sense to use one of your 10 official workouts with a player you don't think will be available in your range unless your considering moving to a different range.
    Why would Deni not be in your range? Guys fall all the time.

If you know Edward’s and LaMelo 100% won’t be there pick 11, you use your 10 spots on the next 10 best guys because you are GUARANTEED to get one of them. Deni is in that next 10.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What? There’s a massive difference in teams who draft guys they never work out (rare) and teams that work out the top players when they own a lottery pick.

The “duh” was referring to the obvious statement that of course they have also drafted players they worked out. Like what does that add to the conversation?

Whether I like him or not has absolutely nothing to do with the context of this conversation. Even if Sa HATED Deni they would still work him out.

When you pick 11 and you get 10 workouts you workout the 10 best players. No matter what Deni is on that list especially knowing that 99.99% LaMelo and/or Edward’s would not grant you a workout.

So no matter what Sa would be requesting this Deni workout. They may love him and trade up and get him. That doesn’t change the point I’m making.
    If SA absolutely HATED Deni they probably wouldn't have him in their top ten. NBA teams don't exactly build their big boards around mock drafts from questionable sources, they build them on great scouting. Chances are if they have them in their top ten they actually like him.

Thread Information