My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huh? Clarke was rumored to go in the top 10. To think it would have been a shock for him to go in the mid teens is weird. And Toppin is nothing like Clarke offensively. Such a lazy comparison. And mind you I was huge on Clarke.
    I was big on Clarke also, but for two solid months before the draft just about everyone in the Clarke draft thread thought he could be there for SA at 19.

I don't mind predicting that Clarke will be the better NBA player when you factor in defense. Maybe Toppin scores 15 vs Clarke's 12, but Clarke will better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was big on Clarke also, but for two solid months before the draft just about everyone in the Clarke draft thread thought he could be there for SA at 19.
    Okay, this isn't true. I literally googled "2019 nba final mock draft" and most of the ones I've seen had Clarke at 11. One had him at 17, one 24 and a third 27, but of the 10 I looked at, the other seven had him at 11. Maybe if I looked at more, I'd see that a majority of all mocks had him in the 20s, but to suggest that "everyone" thought he'd be there is really wrong. On ST, we almost all thought he'd be gone by 19. I think there was a short window at the beginning of the combine where Clarke had measured but not tested that had him at his low-point stock. Then he tested and people saw he was an uber athlete, and he rose back up.

I don't mind predicting that Clarke will be the better NBA player when you factor in defense. Maybe Toppin scores 15 vs Clarke's 12, but Clarke will better.
    Clarke was very arguably the most impactful rookie last year. Suggesting "Clarke will be better than Toppin" makes it seem like Brandon is some average bar that Obi will struggle to reach. In reality, Clarke might be better than any player in this whole class. I've made my feelings on not drafting him clear at this point.

Thread Information