Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't watched full games yet only youtube breakdowns and this guy is too damn skinny. Vassell is wiry, but Haliburton hyper twiggy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reminds me of Livingston (post injury)

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't watched full games yet only youtube breakdowns and this guy is too damn skinny. Vassell is wiry, but Haliburton hyper twiggy.
    being twiggy as a pg isnt such a problem. Curry, trae, morant, they all are skinny as but still dominant. Hali has a lots of skills to be also so productive as guys above. Lack of weights becomes a serious problem for a SF/PF/C. They need to have muscles and strenght.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alright, basically from what I see from watching this guy a little bit is this:

Wow. I'm buying in. This player is legit and blows all the other guards in this draft out of the water (aside from maybe Kira). Derrick White comparison is on point. He reads ball screens just like Derrick. He will go left and right and then left. He makes absolutely great reads. His vision is better than Derrick. I don't like his shot, but that can be better. When he takes them, it's not out of rhythm, which is important. But I'm very, very impressed by his basketball IQ.

Prelim player comparison: Derrick White with better vision/ point guard instincts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wow. I'm buying in. This player is legit and blows all the other guards in this draft out of the water (aside from maybe Kira). Derrick White comparison is on point. He reads ball screens just like Derrick. He will go left and right and then left. He makes absolutely great reads. His vision is better than Derrick. I don't like his shot, but that can be better. When he takes them, it's not out of rhythm, which is important. But I'm very, very impressed by his basketball IQ.

Prelim player comparison: Derrick White with better vision/ point guard instincts
    His shot is ugly AF, but his frikkin range is unlimited. He easily launches from 30. You have to honor it,which sets up his penetration game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah, that basketball IQ is what would make him such a good fit. If we're being honest, this team has a really short supply of basketball IQ as it stands. Haliburton would be a big boost in that regard. Specifically, you can put him next to Dejounte and he'd help balance out his weaknesses.

His shot is ugly AF, but his frikkin range is unlimited. He easily launches from 30. You have to honor it,which sets up his penetration game.
    Agree. Terrible form but two straight years of over 41% with evidence of extreme range? I think he'll be fine shooting the ball. Probably won't be a high volume shooter but he should be a ~36-38% three-point shooter pretty quickly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yo, what the is that pass at 4:38!?

This dude is toying with defenses. His fake outs are top notch.

Yup, I'm leaning towards star on this one.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yo, what the is that pass at 4:38!?

This dude is toying with defenses. His fake outs are top notch.

Yup, I'm leaning towards star on this one.
    Looking the defender off in midair, jesus. That's the kind of thing almost nobody should try.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would honestly be okay with trading up in the draft if we're trying to get this guy - even without my Iowa State bias.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i wish we had him instead of murray

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is the first player I can confidently say has a strong chance of attaining s om...and I've watched a load of players. This is so ironic because I was so against drafting another guard.
    But if he's there at #11, it's a no brainer. It's SHOWTIME whenever he's on the court. It would make watching the Spurs super fun again. it, run a 3 guard line-up if you have to.

Halliburton/ White/ Q
    Keldon/ Mills
    DeMar/ Lonnie
    Lyles/ Reed/ Samanic
    Aldridge/ Poetl

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The speed at which he does the move at 0:20. So effortless.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A gym rat with potential to improve. Or a player with a high BBIQ who can hold his own on defense. Those are my broad criterion for who to draft. Halliburton might be both. But I think his combine numbers would have to be bad for him to drop to us. But after watching these clips, which are not just athletic highlights, I am sold on this guy.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count

This is the first player I can confidently say has a strong chance of attaining s om...and I've watched a load of players. This is so ironic because I was so against drafting another guard.
    But if he's there at #11, it's a no brainer. It's SHOWTIME whenever he's on the court. It would make watching the Spurs super fun again. it, run a 3 guard line-up if you have to.

Halliburton/ White/ Q
    Keldon/ Mills
    DeMar/ Lonnie
    Lyles/ Reed/ Samanic
    Aldridge/ Poetl
    lol, where's your namesake in that lineup? Kinda hard to ignore somone that just received a 60 million extension from the Spurs. Murray's my least favorite of all our youngsters but the front office probably thinks differently considering how much money they have invested in him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol, where's your namesake in that lineup? Kinda hard to ignore somone that just received a 60 million extension from the Spurs. Murray's my least favorite of all our youngsters but the front office probably thinks differently considering how much money they have invested in him
    Disowning him and changing my username to Halliburton lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Intriguing player. He’d be a great fit in SA.
    Doubt he drops to 11, but, would love it if he did.
    Might go to Golden State, he’d fit there quite well, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disowning him and changing my username to Halliburton lmao
    How about Cheney?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Haliburton has some bust potential if you're counting on him to be a full-time point guard. His ball-handling is a bit stiff, his on-ball defense is susceptible to strength and his lack of blow-by speed would be an issue as a full-time point guard. But pair him with White or Murray and he'd be fine. I know SpursTalk is low on Murray for the minute but Murray and Haliburton next to each other would be fun to watch. Super fast paced on offense and Murray hounding the ball with Haliburton blowing up passing lanes on defense. Add in the genius level decisions that would be made when White and Haliburton are on the court ... and he's an easy pick at 11.

IMO, the ultimate no-brainer picks at 11 are Toppin, Okongwu and Haliburton.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about Cheney?
    Not sure I understand the joke...

On a serious note, would you allow me a user name change if I wanted?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Usernames usually aren't changeable but remind me after the draft and we'll change it to Jalen, Tyrese, Obi, LaMelo or whatever

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Just a suggestion, but don’t use a player name. You’ll only be asking again in a year or two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just a suggestion, but don’t use a player name. You’ll only be asking again in a year or two.
    Hoping one day we find another Tim, Tony, Duncan -loyal type player. It's a gamble... White might be that lifelong career Spur.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Things usually take a while on here.. I'm still pinked from 5+ years ago.
    Last edited by Darius Bieber; 09-17-2020 at 04:16 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Haliburton has some bust potential if you're counting on him to be a full-time point guard. His ball-handling is a bit stiff, his on-ball defense is susceptible to strength and his lack of blow-by speed would be an issue as a full-time point guard. But pair him with White or Murray and he'd be fine. I know SpursTalk is low on Murray for the minute but Murray and Haliburton next to each other would be fun to watch. Super fast paced on offense and Murray hounding the ball with Haliburton blowing up passing lanes on defense. Add in the genius level decisions that would be made when White and Haliburton are on the court ... and he's an easy pick at 11.

IMO, the ultimate no-brainer picks at 11 are Toppin, Okongwu and Haliburton.
    Yeah he fits Murray more than White. Haliburton won't score much on-ball, form is a set shot not effective in pull ups, not a downhill player, not much frame to add strength to be an effective finisher at the rim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://theathletic.com/2068587/2020...shared-article

"Country boy who is always smiling"....hmm sounds like somebody we know.

His father made him watch Magic Johnson according to the article. No wonder he has all that swag.

Thread Information