Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird thing to notice but kinda moves around like spud web. Not the hops or the tiny size just movement. Seems to bounce off people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ball is garbage and is doing nothing impressive on a weak team.
    Bruh, Ball's per-40 numbers are >20/8/8, his assist-to-turnover ration is >2 and he's already a high-volume three-point shooter. Add in he's a year and a half younger than Haliburton and the "Ball is garbage" bandwagon does not look like a wise bandwagon to tie yourself to, tbh.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How would the Spurs' rotation look with Haliburton in place of Vassell?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How's Haliburton defensively? I like Vassell's upside in that regard tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How would the Spurs' rotation look with Haliburton in place of Vassell?
    Exactly the same, most likely. Both Vassell and Haliburton are primarily defending shooting guards at this point in their career. Main difference would be Mills wouldn't be handling the ball as much as he is right now.

Once you add White to the equation, that's when things wouldn't be as clear. Vassell can slide up to SF but Haliburton can't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruh, Ball's per-40 numbers are >20/8/8, his assist-to-turnover ration is >2 and he's already a high-volume three-point shooter. Add in he's a year and a half younger than Haliburton and the "Ball is garbage" bandwagon does not look like a wise bandwagon to tie yourself to, tbh.
    I hate per 36's or 40's... I'll tie myself to this bandwagon. Let's check back in a couple years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How's Haliburton defensively? I like Vassell's upside in that regard tbh.
    Yeah, Vassell's defensive upside is much higher than Haliburton's. Haliburton is a good help defender but his body is unlikely to ever allow him to be a good individual defender. Vassell has a chance to be a great help defender (like top five in the league great) and a really good individual defender.

Haliburton's offensive upside is higher than Vassell's in all aspects other than possibly as an isolation scorer. Vassell, due to his high release, might have higher upside as a three-point shooter ... but Haliburton has more range so it's probably close to even.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll tie myself to this bandwagon.
    Good luck, tbh.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm glad haliburton ended up on a team that will actually play him meaningful minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good luck, tbh.
    Jason Williams/ (better version) Rafer "Skip to my Lou" Alston ceiling for LaMelo, IMO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jason Williams/ Rafer "Skip to my Lou" Alston ceiling for LaMelo, IMO
    Noted, although having a Jason Williams-esque career wouldn't be too shabby, even for a No. 3 pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Vassell's defensive upside is much higher than Haliburton's. Haliburton is a good help defender but his body is unlikely to ever allow him to be a good individual defender. Vassell has a chance to be a great help defender (like top five in the league great) and a really good individual defender.

Haliburton's offensive upside is higher than Vassell's in all aspects other than possibly as an isolation scorer. Vassell, due to his high release, might have higher upside as a three-point shooter ... but Haliburton has more range so it's probably close to even.
    Good to know, thanks for the scouting report. Wonder if the Spurs could have squeezed an extra asset by trading down and still getting DV. Doubt it though, looking at the big board and I'd say there's no way he was falling past Boston at 14.

Not losing sleep over it tbh, Vassell seems to be a solid pick and happy he's gonna get some actual playing time until at least White is back (and not just buried in Austin).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    really wanted haliburton
    should have tried to trade down to 14 with boston. still might have gotten vassell.
    I like Vassell , but I like Haliburton more.

What the Spurs need are smart players that can make fast , competent decisions . That's what haliburton does.
    Hali knows where to be or where to get to when he doesn't have the ball. He knows what to do with the ball when he has it.
    He knows what his teammates should be doing and anticipates what opponents are doing. He sees the whole picture .
    Haliburton processes all that information quickly and makes fast, competent decisions.

He does the same on defense. He knows where he has to be and where his teammates should be. he sees the whole picture on defense
    and is able to anticipate what opponents are going to do and process the information quickly and disrupt their offense.

Watching the kings , it looks like everything runs more smoothly when he is on the court. They are fun to watch. I wish the Spurs had Hali and holmes. Hali doesn't look like a rookie to me. He's vocal, he communicates, he looks polished and composed. I don't know if
    he will be an allstar, but I think he is special.

My only solace is that he is probably on the right team. I wouldn't want to watch pop mess with Hali's mind( which is Hali's greatest asset)
    '

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good to know, thanks for the scouting report. Wonder if the Spurs could have squeezed an extra asset by trading down and still getting DV. Doubt it though, looking at the big board and I'd say there's no way he was falling past Boston at 14.

Not losing sleep over it tbh, Vassell seems to be a solid pick and happy he's gonna get some actual playing time until at least White is back (and not just buried in Austin).
    Dallas was offering 18,31 and a pick or a player. If it is a pick the earliest is a 2025 one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell is a better fit on this current roster, as he brings a skill set the teams sorely needs. Haliburton would show significant overlap with Derrick White.

Thread Information