Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm hearing that the stories about him bulking up aren't myth, and that he won't make it past the Knicks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have to admit, a few months ago I thought Please God, no one under 6'6" in the draft but Haliburton has changed my mind. Everything I've read about and seen from him convinces me he'd be a great pick-- great at ude, great leadership qualities, consistent winning in different situations, versatility, great advanced stats, sky high BB IQ, recent improvements to his body... He just seems like Spur material, and a backcourt trio of White, Haliburton, & KJ is something I'd be excited to watch, as it would be a return to the ball movement/defense first/Beautiful Game philosophy that has served the Spurs so well, but which they've gotten away from in recent years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'd be shocked if he was available at 11 and that's why i've never really focused on him as someone i'd prefer but, in a best case scenario, he'd be a solid get.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let’s hope others are drinking Precious and Poku Kool Aid so that someone like Halliburton will fall to 11.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is a cross between Jason Kidd and Manu Ginobili
    I think a skinny Jason Kidd is a good comparison. Would love to trade up to get him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let’s hope others are drinking Precious and Poku Kool Aid so that someone like Halliburton will fall to 11.
    Even though I like Precious - yeah. Halliburton has "future star" written all over him. The only real question is his shot, tbh, I'm not convinced he'll manage to be an actual good to great shooter with that form in the NBA. But he's shown the flashes at the college level at least, to be sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even though I like Precious - yeah. Halliburton has "future star" written all over him. The only real question is his shot, tbh, I'm not convinced he'll manage to be an actual good to great shooter with that form in the NBA. But he's shown the flashes at the college level at least, to be sure.
    And I wasn’t taking a dig at Precious or Poku. The only reason we were considering them at 11 was because of the obvious assumption that all the more talented players would already be gone, and so we would have to reach for a project. If projects like precious and poku go early, then yeah, let’s take the better player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He seems like a perfect fit for Atlanta at #6. Can play with and behind Tre. Would pair well with Hunter as off ball defenders. Could be the top East team in a couple of years if players develop as projected.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think a skinny Jason Kidd is a good comparison. Would love to trade up to get him.
    Later career Kidd hopefully, when he became a better shooter. He had a few years over 40% from three, but for his entire career shot just under 35%. And tbh he very rarely shot a very good 2pt%.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I looked at six sites tonight-- three said his wingspan is 7' and three said it's 6'8". My guess is the 6'8" is closer to the truth, but either way he's got great length for a PG. Wish he'd done the combine-- it would've been nice to see other things like sprint times and vertical leap. I wouldn't be surprised if Golden State took him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poll: if the Spurs somehow managed a trade with GSW that included the #2 pick coming our way, would you draft Haliburton with it? Let's assume Edwards goes #1 for this scenario.

E: and of course, assuming he wouldn't be there at #11 or the pick goes to Golden State in the deal.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poll: if the Spurs somehow managed a trade with GSW that included the #2 pick coming our way, would you draft Haliburton with it? Let's assume Edwards goes #1 for this scenario.

E: and of course, assuming he wouldn't be there at #11 or the pick goes to Golden State in the deal.
    i really like hali (imo the best pg in this draft) but 1) we have too many guards and 2) with 2nd pick spurs should take wiseman. if spurs wanna hali then trade murray + sth if needed to get him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wiseman. Spurs are very good at player development, and Tim working with him could create a monster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Great Q. I wouldn’t but I could see why a certain team would - GS or Atlanta for example.
    I have him ranked as the 4th best PG in this draft - when factoring in an initial 3 year development timeline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's Hayes for me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That’s a tough question. To me, Halliburton is easily the best PG in this draft. I’m not completely sold on wiseman but he has franchise player potential. I could go either way. Would probably pick wiseman and then try to trade up to get Halliburton.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Tyrese and others keep rising, I'm still happy to see who falls to 11. The Ringer has Toppin falling to 11, for example. I much prefer rolling the dice with that then taking on Wiggins. I mean, it's tempting to me for a moment, but I don't see it being worthwhile.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great Q. I wouldn’t but I could see why a certain team would - GS or Atlanta for example.
    I have him ranked as the 4th best PG in this draft - when factoring in an initial 3 year development timeline.
    Damn, 4th PG? Who's in front of him, besides Hayes I presume? Consensus seems to be he's top-2 in the draft. And I agree with the majority here that I'd draft Wiseman over Hali. Maybe I should've made the question with the hypothetical that Wiseman goes #1 to make it ier...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, 4th PG? Who's in front of him, besides Hayes I presume? Consensus seems to be he's top-2 in the draft. And I agree with the majority here that I'd draft Wiseman over Hali. Maybe I should've made the question with the hypothetical that Wiseman goes #1 to make it ier...
    I believe to be a top tier PG in todays NBA, one of the key things you have to be able to do is beat your initial man off the dribble - either to score or pass - without the aid of a pick.
    Be it either through athletic gifts - Kira Lewis, Creative handles and footwork - Killian Hayes, or a combination of both - LaMelo Ball.
    If you had to have a 4th - it would be “out of the gym” range but even that is predicated on these initial 3 categories.

Now I would argue that Haliburton has traits of all 3 (4) types but not at an elite enough level to be successful consistently.
    Not knocking Haliburton though because he does a lot of things well and think he will have a solid career.

I think those other 3 guys could be stars though if certain things go their way. (With LaMelo - I feel it’s going to take a lot though, to be fair.) Just don’t see Haliburton that way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch hardwood hoops scouting report on Lamelo. The dude is garbage

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not that high on Hali, he is a safe pick as a glue not a lead guard and we already have that player in White. He lacks the form for pullups and blow by speed. Don't know how effective he would be as a lead without the scoring guard skills package. I would take Deni or Wiseman before Hali.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch hardwood hoops scouting report on Lamelo. The dude is garbage
    He may very well suck and probs. next to “Poku” has the greatest chance of busting as anybody in the lottery. I’m not high on him because the risk is too high.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ain’t no way in we drafting A pg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe to be a top tier PG in todays NBA, one of the key things you have to be able to do is beat your initial man off the dribble - either to score or pass - without the aid of a pick.
    Be it either through athletic gifts - Kira Lewis, Creative handles and footwork - Killian Hayes, or a combination of both - LaMelo Ball.
    If you had to have a 4th - it would be “out of the gym” range but even that is predicated on these initial 3 categories.

Now I would argue that Haliburton has traits of all 3 (4) types but not at an elite enough level to be successful consistently.
    Not knocking Haliburton though because he does a lot of things well and think he will have a solid career.

I think those other 3 guys could be stars though if certain things go their way. (With LaMelo - I feel it’s going to take a lot though, to be fair.) Just don’t see Haliburton that way.
    Nice analysis... Do you view Haliburton as a guy who could be a 2nd tier PG like Jrue Holiday or Mike Conley, or would you knock him down to third tier? Do you think he can be better than Dejounte?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with some of this critique of Halliburton. I think his floor is solid, but his ceiling does have questions. Now, what player doesn’t have questions in this draft? That’s the rub. At 11 he still should be good value, but might not be our greatest need.

Thread Information