Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    This is music to my ears

too bad Warner ed up the Justice League for their phase 2.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Nolan and Bale save this franchise from being looked as a joke.

Now just about any competent actor can play the Batman and not be thought of as a wad.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Nolan and Bale save this franchise from being looked as a joke.

Now just about any competent actor can play the Batman and not be thought of as a wad.
    I enjoyed Nolan/Bale but if this nee Batman is as good as the reviews say thrn I’ll give Reeves/Pattinson the credit they deserve

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I enjoyed Nolan/Bale but if this nee Batman is as good as the reviews say thrn I’ll give Reeves/Pattinson the credit they deserve
    They are already talking about a sequel lol. DC has the chance to restart it all here if they include it in the DCEU

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Alabama Crimson Tide
    lol are there still dumbasses out there who think Robert Pattinson is a terrible actor just because of the Twilight movies?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    lol are there still dumbasses out there who think Robert Pattinson is a terrible actor just because of the Twilight movies?
    Apparently. Though reviews are putting him up there as one of the best Batman/Bruce Wayne.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    He is great

He and Dafoe were awesome in Lighthouse but that movie was utter

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    They are already talking about a sequel lol. DC has the chance to restart it all here if they include it in the DCEU
    I don’t want to see Battinson anywhere near the DCEU

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You can't put these realistic, grounded, gritty Batmans next to Superman, Green Lantern and the ing Martian Manhunter. You have to go full MCU to pull that kind of .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Looks great. Still not sure of the "Bruce Wayne" aspect as based on the haircut and feel, it doesn't work for me, however this could all be context and will work within the movie.
    Crazy how a lot of people weren't feeling Pattison as Bruce Wayne/Batman because of looks, but since he's a pasty white male, SJWs didn't scream racism on twitter.

Sometimes it isn't about race, sometimes it is about the fans wanting the character to look as close as possible to the source material.
    Last edited by DAF86; 03-02-2022 at 11:36 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Seeing it in 30 minutes

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Yeah Pattinson DELIVERED. Still digesting the movie, but the interrogation scene is a proper rival to TDK interrogation scene.
    Last edited by Michael Jordan.; 03-04-2022 at 07:04 AM.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    They still haven't made one as good as Mask of the Phantasm.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    we already know their plans thanks to flash spoilers, and it ain't that, its much much worse

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    better than Batman forever and Batman&Robin. Still not sure if it was better than Batman Returns. I still think MoF and Begins are the best Batman films out there.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Alabama Crimson Tide
    Easily the best Batman film ever made. I’d say the Nolan films are more fun and epic, and Nolan’s set pieces are unbeatable. But they nail the tone so incredibly well here, make it relevant for today’s climate, and still make it fun. I don’t even care that they blatantly rip off David Fincher for 3 hours, it’s so damn good.
    Last edited by Thanos; 03-04-2022 at 11:24 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Easily the best Batman film ever made. I’d say the Nolan films are more fun and epic, and Nolan’s set pieces are unbeatable. But they nail the tone so incredibly well here, make it relevant for today’s climate, and still make it fun. I don’t even care that they blatantly rip off David Fincher for 3 hours, it’s so damn good.
    When the Batmobile made its appearance that was insane. The scene with Batman and the Riddler in the interrogation room was great.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Saw it on Thursday, was better than I expected and I went in with high expectations. Can't wait for the sequel. Wonder if they'll keep Druig on as the Joker.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    The movie felt like it was trying extremely hard to one-up The Dark Knight. I enjoyed the movie--especially the frequent allusions to the comics it makes (e.g., Elliott was "Hushed" and the green juice Batman pulled out of nowhere foreshadowing a Venom/Bane storyline)--but damn was it draining. Nolan went for a gritty, grounded Gotham, while Reeves chose a grittier, extremely gothic Gotham. I think all those critics who complained that The Dark Knight was too nihilistic, joyless, and long will have the exact same problems with this movie.

I respect Paul Dano, too, but it did feel like he was trying to top Heath Ledger with his "I'M ACTING!" performance. Maybe the director is to blame, I don't know. The plot was a combination of Se7en and The Long Halloween mostly, with some noticeable Frank Miller influence. Now that I think about it, Se7en didn't take itself as seriously as this movie did; most of the humor in The Batman is derived from how humorless it is. Robert Pattinson's Batman is the same character in and out of the suit, so there wasn't any balance or levity between Bruce Wayne and his alter ego.

Part of me likes that Warner Bros is letting directors go in completely separate directions from their planned DC Universe. The other part sees this excessive, three-hour-long blockbuster movie and thinks, "this might be the norm in the future."
    Last edited by redzero; 03-07-2022 at 10:15 AM.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    The movie felt like it was trying extremely hard to one-up The Dark Knight. I enjoyed the movie--especially the frequent allusions to the comics it makes (e.g., Elliott was "Hushed" and the green juice Batman pulled out of nowhere foreshadowing a Venom/Bane storyline)--but damn was it draining. Nolan went for a gritty, grounded Gotham, while Reeves chose a grittier, extremely gothic Gotham. I think all those critics who complained that The Dark Knight was too nihilistic, joyless, and long will have the exact same problems with this movie.

I respect Paul Dano, too, but it did feel like he was trying to top Heath Ledger with his "I'M ACTING!" performance. Maybe the director is to blame, I don't know. The plot was a combination of Se7en and The Long Halloween mostly, with some noticeable Frank Miller influence. Now that I think about it, Se7en didn't take itself as seriously as this movie did; most of the humor in The Batman is derived from how humorless it is. Robert Pattinson's Batman is the same character in and out of the suit, so there wasn't any balance or levity between Bruce Wayne and his alter ego.

Party of me likes that Warner Bros is letting directors go in completely separate directions from their planned DC Universe. The other part sees this excessive, three-hour-long blockbuster movie and thinks, "this might be the norm in the future."
    red!!!
    Sweetheart!!!!!!
    Pumpkinpuss!!!!!!!!!

Name
    Dick
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    As long as this trilogy doesn’t end with Batman surviving a nuclear blast, swimming back to shore in an 80 lb batsuit, and leaving Gotham completely undetected, I’m good tbh.

I also think Reeves did a much better job than Nolan at hiding all the expository dialogue, there wasn’t any characters solely dedicated to going “WAIT HOLD ON, WHAT’S HAPPENING HERE?”

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    *checking in to see if Paul Dano has killed himself with Vyvanse overdose and a random Spurstalker sees the movie 20 times in 2 weeks then almost kills himself as a tribute to Paul Dano*

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    who was that one kid who almost killed himself after posting about seeing TDK 50 times opening month and had pages and pages of posts about Ledger? damn feels like an eternity ago

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    That's what's been missing is the Sherlock Holmes feel

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    I liked it a lot. I probably still like the Nolan films better but this one definitely ranks up there.

At first I wasn't sure about a brooding, antisocial and unkempt Wayne but it's an interesting and probably more realistic take on the privileged wealthy kid who inherits billions than previous Bruce Waynes who basically stepped into daddy's footsteps without missing a beat. And I didn't even realize the Penguin was Colin Farrell until the end credits.

Also funny in hindsight that Alamo Drafthouse played the trailer for Se7en before the movie. I didn't understand the relevance at the time but definitely made sense within the first hour of the movie.

Thread Information