My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its a GLORIOOUS day for peace loving citizens of the planet

Congratulations to THE LION OF SYRIA and hos brave people. They have defeated the terrorist regimes of the West

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another loss on Joe Bidens hat

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shocking that hater has not blown out- his own brains out of shame…
    Last edited by Spurs Homer; 05-07-2023 at 05:34 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hater obviously didn't get much attention as a child. Sad.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based Bashar Al-Assad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

GoATSSAD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

THE TIGER OF SYRIA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Protesters in southern Syria smash statue as they mark 2015 assassination of anti-government leader
    BEIRUT (AP) — Hundreds of angry protesters in southern Syria smashed the statue of Syria’s late president on Monday as they they marked the 2015 assassination of a prominent anti-government Druze leader.

The protests in the province of Sweida, where the Druze community represents the majority of the population, have entered their third week. The demonstrations were initially driven by surging inflation and the war-torn country’s spiraling economy but quickly shifted focus, with marchers calling for the fall of President Bashar Assad’s government.

Monday’s protest took place in the provincial capital, also called Sweida, where angry men and woman called for the downfall of Assad’s government. Some smashed the statue of Assad’s late father and predecessor, Hafez Assad.

Several demonstrators marched up to the building of the local branch of the social security and tore down a giant poster of Bashar Assad, according to videos circulated on social media and opposition activists.
    https://apnews.com/article/syria-swe...10a013dbaccb4d

The uprising in Sweida will continue until the regime changes in Syria

Since August 20, protests and a general strike in the southern governorate of Sweida, which has a population of approximately 770,000, have persisted. Protesters have closed the headquarters of the Baath Party and removed pictures of dictator Bashar al-Assad from the streets and buildings of the city.

These demonstrations call for a change in the Syrian regime and the full implementation of United Nations Security Council (UNSC) Resolution 2254, which put forth a road map for the peace process in Syria, including forming a transitional governing body with full powers. Protesters also advocate for political, civil, and human rights for all Syrians: freedom, dignity, justice, equality, the release of detainees, and the ability to live decently, especially given the deteriorating economic situation that has become unbearable.

The regime has implemented failed economic policies and has been unable to secure the needs of its citizens. Additionally, the Syrian people believe that the regime is not interested in integrating a political solution that would lead to a new reality for Syrians—one that would allow for reconstruction and the lifting of sanctions. This conviction is bolstered by the fact that the regime is currently granting contracts that allow Russia and Iran to access the country’s resources. Meanwhile, the Syrian people are struggling.

Additionally, the Assad regime and ruling class are drowning in funds looted from the people through a deep network of corruption, which is compounded by the destruction of infrastructure since the beginning of severe military repression in 2011. The regime has displaced nearly half of the Syrian population, killed hundreds of thousands, and detained over a hundred thousand—many of whom have been tortured to death. Despite this dark history looming overhead, Syrians still felt compelled to take to the streets in Sweida to demand regime change: the only practical solution to ending the humanitarian catastrophe they face.

It may be unexpected to witness this scene after all the suppression and war crimes committed by the Assad regime in Syria. However, it signifies that the desire for change in Syria still exists within the Syrian people.
    https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blog...-change-assad/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Assad must go"

Again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    France issues arrest warrant for Syrian President Bashar al-Assad

Paris (AFP) – France has issued an international arrest warrant for Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, accused of complicity in crimes against humanity over chemical attacks in 2013, a judicial source and plaintiffs in the case said Wednesday.

The judicial source told AFP Assad was also suspected of complicity in war crimes for the attacks, blamed by the opposition on the regime, that killed more than 1,400 people near Damascus in August 2013.

International warrants were also issued for the arrests of Assad's brother Maher, the de-facto chief of a Syrian elite military unit, and two armed forces generals.

The Paris court's unit concerned with crimes against humanity has been investigating the chemical attacks since 2021.

France claims worldwide jurisdiction for alleged war crimes and crimes against humanity.

The probe followed a legal complaint filed by the Syrian Centre for Media and Freedom of Expression (SCM) NGO, lawyers' association Open Society Justice Initiative (OSJI) and the Syrian Archive, a body do enting human rights violations in Syria.

https://www.france24.com/en/live-new...-syria-s-assad

Thread Information