Page 61 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 1710
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Over the top police violence always gets a pass from the law and order crew.

"When the homeowner complained"

We've seen the videos. They get in their face, scream obscenities and sometimes racial slurs.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Is Warren Buffett the Wallet Behind Black Lives Matter?

"Along with their new patron in NoVo, in 2015 IDEX made an addition to their board of directors—a woman named Susan Rosenberg. The child of a Manhattan dentist, Rosenberg grew up in comfort—one might now say “with privilege”—on the Upper West Side in the 1960s. She attended Walden day school and then Barnard, and emerged in the early ’70s as a fervent activist disillusioned by American imperialism and the Vietnam War in particular. Rosenberg joined the Weather Underground, where she took up with a cohort of other young, affluent, highly educated white women to found a group called May 19th, which by 1979 was working alongside the Black Liberation Army. The three groups carried out a series of bombings, shootings, and robberies in which dozens of innocent people were killed and maimed.

This was an exciting moment for Rosenberg. Writing years later in her memoir, she said: “I believed that there was no other more appealing avenue in life than to be an activist, a revolutionary who worked for justice ... I wanted to be loved, to be rewarded, to be an outlaw, and to reject conformity.”

In their aid to the Black liberation movement, the M19 women called themselves “the white edge,” meaning that they were able to buy supplies and drive cars on missions while avoiding questions from law enforcement tracking the liberation’s predominantly Black male membership. For their part, the men called the girls “crackers.” Rosenberg’s role in the Black rights movement satisfied her desire to push back against an American government that she saw as inherently violent and racist. “It was necessary to oppose it with force. I felt that we lived in a country that loved violence and that we had to meet it on its own terms,” she wrote.

Over the next several years, “the white edge” of the Black liberation movement helped spring key liberation leaders from jail, including a bomb maker held in New York’s Bellevue hospital. They also worked a series of bank robberies, the most high-profile of which was the infamous botched Brinks armored car robbery on Oct. 20, 1981, in Nanuet, New York, in which six BLA members and four members of the Weather Underground stole $1.6 million from a Brinks truck, killing Brinks guard Peter Paige and wounding two other men in the truck. In the course of their attempted getaway, the robbers shot and killed two Nyack police officers, Edward O’Grady and Waverly Brown, and seriously wounded a police detective named Artie Keenan.

Indicted by the FBI for driving the getaway vehicle, Rosenberg fled the scene and went underground until her arrest in 1984 in Cherry Hill, New Jersey, when she and a partner attempted to transfer 740 pounds of dynamite, a dozen guns, and hundreds of fake IDs from a rental truck to a storage facility.

Though the indictment for the Brinks robbery was still on the books, those charges would be dropped by then-U.S. Attorney Rudy Giuliani, who instead pursued the more recent weapons and explosives charges. Rosenberg was convicted of those charges and sentenced to 58 years in prison for domestic terrorism. That term would ultimately be cut short in January of 2001 by more than two-thirds when, on the last day of his presidency, Bill Clinton granted Rosenberg executive clemency.

In her memoir, Rosenberg argued that she wasn’t truly a terrorist, only someone who “pursued a path that seemed to me a logical step beyond legal protest: The use of political violence,” she wrote. “The point was not to kill or maim innocent people, nor was it to create fear and terror ... I believed that legal protest alone could not always confront power.”

Rosenberg was installed on the board of directors of IDEX in the second half of 2015. Her first full year of service saw the initial public announcement of the formal collaboration between the Black Lives Matter movement and IDEX. While continuing their charity work in the Global South, IDEX would also take on “the legacies of colonialism” in the United States. Rajasvini Bhansali, IDEX’s executive director, said that together with BLM the way “forward will have to be rooted in the most transformative vision possible for a world that is not race blind, nor race-neutral.” Keeping up the legacy of the Weather Underground, BLM co-founder Patrisse Cullors told an interviewer in 2015, “Myself and Alicia [Garza], in particular, are trained organizers; we are trained Marxists.” Some of that training likely came from Eric Mann, another former member of the Weather Underground who Cullors has called her “mentor.” (A representative of Cullors’ declined to comment for this article; Thousand Currents did not respond to a request for comment on Rosenberg’s behalf.)

To that end, IDEX—now Thousand Currents—became BLM’s official fiscal sponsor—an IRS designation wherein a government-sanctioned nonprofit can accept and manage tax-deductible donations on behalf of another organization that has not attained nonprofit status. In addition to managing BLM’s finances, Thousand Currents took over the movement’s “administrative and back office support, including finance, accounting, grants management, insurance, human resources, legal and compliance,” according to a Thousand Currents statement.

That year, NoVo donated another $3.08 million to Thousand Currents and another $4.9 million to NDWA. In keeping with its history of providing direct financial support to organizations that employed the leaders of the movement, NoVo also gave a $300,000 grant to Black Alliance for Just Immigration, which was then helmed by BLM co-founder Opal Tometi. Tometi did not respond to Tablet’s requests to comment for this article.

Any question about how seriously NoVo was invested in setting up Thousand Currents as the financial and administrative power behind Black Lives Matter was put to rest in 2017 and 2018. In those years, NoVo dispersed a whopping $12.91 million grant to Thousand Currents. By then the group had promoted Susan Rosenberg to vice chairman of the Board of Directors. Breaking with three decades of tradition offering small, no-strings-attached grants across their international network of farmers, agricultural workers, and local laborers, the new Thousand Currents would continue as a nonprofit en y with a new name and bigger ambitions, making a mix of loans and grants at a ratio of about 4 to 1, according to trade reports."

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/n...k-lives-matter

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trying to take the heat off Soros tbh.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Trying to take the heat off Soros tbh.
    Instead it's a conspiracy theory involving a woman with the last name Rosenberg.

I think I see a common denominator regarding what these conspiracy theories usually include

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Instead it's a conspiracy theory involving a woman with the last name Rosenberg.

I think I see a common denominator regarding what these conspiracy theories usually include
    Even a Jewish website can't avoid implicating Jews in their right wing conspiracy theories.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "When the homeowner complained"

We've seen the videos. They get in their face, scream obscenities and sometimes racial slurs.
    Post the video of this homeowner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One wonders what the explanations for this could be in a country where racism has been eradicated.

Black Americans pay more than any other group to own a home, a disparity that contributes to roughly half of the $130,000 retirement savings gap between Blacks and Whites, according to new study from MIT.

Black homeowners pay more in mortgage interest, mortgage insurance and property taxes than other homeowners, according to the paper by Edward Golding, executive director of the MIT Golub Center for Finance and Policy and co-authors, Mic e Aronowitz and Jung Hyun Choi.
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/10/success/black-homeownership-costs/index.html

MAGA
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    One wonders what the explanations for this could be in a country where racism has been eradicated.

[/SIZE]https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/10/success/black-homeownership-costs/index.html
    Bad credit. They live on credit cards more than any other group.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bad credit. They live on credit cards more than any other group.
    Wrong, "they're" in the middle.

https://www.fool.com/the-ascent/rese...bt-statistics/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you wake up on November 4th, don't say the signs weren't there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    St Ronne The Diseased, just another racist Useful Idiot for the oligarchy, reading his lines

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Segregation walls *still* exist

The installation of race barriers in Miami as elsewhere was incentivized in the time of the New Deal and afterward by federal housing agencies, mortgage lenders, local planning and zoning boards, and real-estate interests looking to attract white clientele; public ins utions and private actors have created and sustained segregation in American neighborhoods through multiple means since the early 20th century, including zoning laws, redlining, restrictive covenants, block busting, contract selling, predatory lending, and many more. 14 Walls, fences, and barricades solidify the social conditions brought about by such policies. Under pretexts of traffic control, crime prevention, and protection of property values, municipalities from Florida to New York to California continue, into the present century, to block streets along Black-white neighborhood borders — and in so doing to further harden racial divisions, facilitate police intimidation, and force Black residents to take circuitous routes to get to work and school and to fulfill other daily needs.

Walls, fences, and barricades are, of course, just one set of forms by which to segregate built space, along with highways, train tracks, low bridges, one-way streets, misaligned city grids, and a lack of sidewalks or crosswalks. 15 Compared to the control of Black populations by systemic forces from criminal sentencing guidelines to voting rights and what Ta-Nehisi Coates has called the “plunder” of community resources, not to mention terror inflicted by vigilante groups and the police, such physical obstructions may seem clumsy, playing a supporting rather than principal role in establishing and preserving apartheid in this country. 16 But it is precisely in their commonplace visibility that these barriers denote an important chapter in the history of racist building practices and civic administration. Unlike a discriminatory law or a withheld opportunity, a race wall is solid, simple, right there at the end of the street. These features of the public built environment remain, to this day, oppressively normalized

https://placesjournal.org/article/a-...?cn-reloaded=1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a means by which to preserve differentials in the valuation of adjacent properties, they cast into relief the racism endemic to the U.S. real-estate market, where more than 50 years after the Fair Housing Act, mortgage lenders continue to systematically exclude Black clients from homeownership, and homes in majority Black neighborhoods are still valued “23 percent less ($48,000 per home on average, amounting to $156 billion in ulative losses)” as compared to neighborhoods “with very few or no black residents.” 17 Nowhere is this entrenched discrimination clearer than in the connection between race walls and redlining. The influence of Residential Security maps compiled for the federal government by the Home Owners’ Loan Corporation from 1935 to 1940 — maps on which Black and racially mixed areas were deemed high-risk for federal lenders and tinted red for “hazardous” — is well known. More recent scholarship has tracked the extent to which redlining prevented African-American families from accruing and passing along assets intergenerationally. Race walls cast these exclusions in actual concrete. Indeed, at midcentury, realty companies seeking to build in redlined zones sometimes installed walls specifically in order to qualify for federal loans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    unsurprising to find out Ferguson, MO was a sundown town

So was Ferguson, Missouri, which into the 1960s remained barricaded against the adjoining African-American enclave of Kinloch. As historian Richard Rothstein explains, “Ferguson had blocked off the main road from Kinloch with a chain and construction materials but kept a second road open during the day so housekeepers and nannies could get from Kinloch to jobs in Ferguson.” 41 The barrier on Suburban Avenue was removed in 1968 after the Ferguson Ministerial Alliance pe ioned the city, in the aftermath of a march by Kinloch residents in honor of the recently assassinated Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. 42 Seven years later, white Ferguson residents unsuccessfully lobbied the city to reinstate a barricade on Suburban Avenue and to build a ten-foot-high fence along the Ferguson-Kinloch border, claiming both were necessary to curb crime. 4

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    building walls to prevent the free moment of black folks isn't a vestige of the past

Along the border between New Haven and Hamden in Connecticut in the early 1950s, the Housing Authority of New Haven helped pay for the construction of a twelve-foot chain-link fence as a compromise with white Hamden residents who objected to the construction of nearby public housing. Black residents had to take several long bus rides to reach jobs and shops across the fence. According to a New York Times article, “In 2005, under the guise of repairs, Hamden added a second, sturdier fence, which rises in places to 16 feet.” 45 A few parts of the structure were torn down by the city of Hamden in 2014, to allow road access in response to pressure from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development — but not without strong opposition from residents who saw the fence as necessary to “keep crime out and traffic down.” 4

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you wake up on November 4th, don't say the signs weren't there.

fake news, derp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any of those protestors plot to kidnap and kill a governor yet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This will be my official thread for all content regarding BLM. They moved the thread from the Spurs forum down here but I'm not continuing with that thread (I'll link it eventually). Unfortunately, that means many will only consume NBA propaganda and mainstream media propaganda with regards to this group. A moronic decision by timvp and Kori Ellis or whoever moved the thread. People need to see this violent, racist, and political terror in action. The mainstream media will try to paint them as peaceful protesters. Corporate America and the NBA will applaud the movement. This thread will show you what they really are.
    This thread didn't turn out like you hoped.

This is what happens when your preferred narrative is a fantasy.

Reality will smack your pee pee.

Any BLM protestors arrested for plotting to kidnap and kill a governor yet?

Any of them mail pipe bombs to Republican politicians?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    This thread didn't turn out like you hoped.

This is what happens when your preferred narrative is a fantasy.

Reality will smack your pee pee.

Any BLM protestors arrested for plotting to kidnap and kill a governor yet?

Any of them mail pipe bombs to Republican politicians?
    Na they just assault regular citizens on the street everyday

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Na they just assault regular citizens on the street everyday
    IF they did, you could easily prove that beyond citing some anecdotes, tryhard.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    IF they did, you could easily prove that beyond citing some anecdotes, tryhard.
    I stopped looking at that stuff online. There is only so much one can take. Overall toned down the politics recently.

BLM is a black supremacist group currently drunk on victimhood. Making it more dangerous than white supremacist that want to live separately within their own communities.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I stopped looking at that stuff online. There is only so much one can take. Overall toned down the politics recently.

BLM is a black supremacist group currently drunk on victimhood. Making it more dangerous than white supremacist that want to live separately within their own communities.
    Nah, white supremacists actually kill people.

We can compare body counts if you like.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Nah, white supremacists actually kill people.

We can compare body counts if you like.
    "Per 100k"

Ya blacks kill way more people

Thread Information