Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bowen just playing to the media buzz. It's BS. Pop is staying put or will retire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is not going to say he loves a kid and call them family and just leave. This would be out of character for him and against everything he stands for.
    exactly. He's not leaving Bryn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d be happy for Pop if he chose to join the nets, get one last huge pay day. Can’t see it happening tho
    Yeah the million he got from his property is nothing
    He gives no money to any causes and he kisses china feet

He is just one rich white privileged dude he says how bad they are

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok for s and giggles if Pop wanted to go what would the Nets have to give us regarding draft picks? Also what years could we get the draft picks?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok for s and giggles if Pop wanted to go what would the Nets have to give us regarding draft picks? Also what years could we get the draft picks?
    A 1st...maybe two 1st's

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine if he leaves and the last thing he does as a Spur is talking RC into giving Forbes a 4y/50M contract...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No reason for Pop to do it...nothing for him to gain and everything to lose. Plus, he's a year or two from calling it quits...it takes at the very least a year to get his system in place...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The GOAT coach deserves to be coaching teams with serious finals potential. He doesn't owe SA anything tbh. I hope he leaves and wins a ring or two in NJ before calling it quits.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No reason for Pop to do it...nothing for him to gain and everything to lose. Plus, he's a year or two from calling it quits...it takes at the very least a year to get his system in place...
    if hes two years from retirement (which I agree with about) that jn itself is incentive to go. He is not going to win a championship here in the next two years... He's got a chance to do that with KD in the east.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if hes two years from retirement (which I agree with about) that jn itself is incentive to go. He is not going to win a championship here in the next two years... He's got a chance to do that with KD in the east.
    I just don’t see the Nets being actual contenders. First off it would be a miracle is Kyrie played the whole season or lasted til the playoffs. But mainly bc of KD. I don’t see him returning to form. That’s the type of injury a player never recovers from fully. Kobe didn’t. Rudy again didn’t. Even that former Blazer player (forgot his name) where all he was asked to do was hit open 3s wasn’t able to do it. KD is going to miss 25 games minimum next year and I don’t see him playing anymore than 25 minutes a game anyways

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine if he leaves and the last thing he does as a Spur is talking RC into giving Forbes a 4y/50M contract...
    And also gets RC to agree to two 2nd round picks as compensation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is 71 years old...his legacy is cemented...why go to a new franchise and start all over with everything to lose and nothing to gain. Winning a championship with the Nets won't mean much if you already have 5....at this point I think Pop is just playing out his coaching career with the Spurs...probably just wants to build a solid team for the next coach..after the Olympics pretty sure he'll call it quits.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is 71 years old...his legacy is cemented...why go to a new franchise and start all over with everything to lose and nothing to gain. Winning a championship with the Nets won't mean much if you already have 5....at this point I think Pop is just playing out his coaching career with the Spurs...probably just wants to build a solid team for the next coach..after the Olympics pretty sure he'll call it quits.
    Maybe...but i don't think he has anything to lose...his legacy is secure...he can only add to it and winning without Duncan would do that.... there's no downside for him....Basically it's just where ever he wants to be..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would love to have Larry Brown back with Gentry running the offense.
    lol imagine Larry Brown in today's NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could we send DDR back for Nck Nrse

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol imagine Larry Brown in today's NBA
    I think he would work with a young team. The vets would tune him out but nobody here gives a f about Demar or LMA whining.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe...but i don't think he has anything to lose...his legacy is secure...he can only add to it and winning without Duncan would do that.... there's no downside for him....Basically it's just where ever he wants to be..
    Actually, I think he has a lot to lose...let's say he goes to NJ and falls flat on his face...definitely lose some of that shine he has now with the Spurs...plus he's 71 years old...on the Spurs when you have new personnel coming in, you come with the idea of you having to fit in...this is Pop's house...not so with the Nets.. I agree a younger Pop might consider it but at his age it won't happen.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, I think he has a lot to lose...let's say he goes to NJ and falls flat on his face...definitely lose some of that shine he has now with the Spurs...plus he's 71 years old...on the Spurs when you have new personnel coming in, you come with the idea of you having to fit in...this is Pop's house...not so with the Nets.. I agree a younger Pop might consider it but at his age it won't happen.
    Could be....we'll know shortly

For the record, I think its a good move for him but I don’t think he goes. I think he's got to much power and is content where he is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see it at all.. would not be the first time I'm wrong tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I won't hold anything against Pop if he goes. It does NOT change his legacy, or all the incredible things he's done in SA.. If he thinks he is coaching maybe 3 or 4 more years, and has a shot to win more rings, I get it.. But that job only looks great on paper.. KD coming off a huge injury, and Kyrie is an injury prone Jag-Off..

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I just don’t see the Nets being actual contenders. First off it would be a miracle is Kyrie played the whole season or lasted til the playoffs. But mainly bc of KD. I don’t see him returning to form. That’s the type of injury a player never recovers from fully. Kobe didn’t. Rudy again didn’t. Even that former Blazer player (forgot his name) where all he was asked to do was hit open 3s wasn’t able to do it. KD is going to miss 25 games minimum next year and I don’t see him playing anymore than 25 minutes a game anyways
    it really comes down to the coach.

the nets have solid, young players. someone has to get kd and cryrie’s egos to gel with the rest of the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree.. They will be all the hype before the season. KD coming back, so many will pick them to win the East.. If Pop were to make this move they would be the popular pick for nearly every so called analyst. But KD would need to be 100% KD, and Kyrie would have to stay healthy, and stop acting like a little .. Unlikely..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you can't really blame Pop. If the Spurs don't have enough money to bring back Forbes, I can see him go to another franchise to keep coaching his son

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop should retire ... he is old ... he looks old ... he should enjoy life. I want Becky and TD coaching the Spurs!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop should retire ... he is old ... he looks old ... he should enjoy life. I want Becky and TD coaching the Spurs!
    I am like 99% sure, TD won't be back next year.

Thread Information