Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A 1st...maybe two 1st's
    Ok for s and giggles if Pop wanted to go what would the Nets have to give us regarding draft picks? Also what years could we get the draft picks?

One lottery protected 1st seems likely, two 1st's could be possible.

It probably wouldn't be this year's pick, but possibly their 2021 and 2023 pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is president of basketball operations. Why would he trade himself to another team and make them worse by losing picks ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would love to have Larry Brown back with Gentry running the offense.
    Larry Brown, in addition to being an outstanding Xs and Os coach, is a world class diva. The most Larry Brown story ever is that he quit his very first coaching job after a few weeks, because they wouldn’t re-carpet his office, he also never stays anywhere very long. If Pop leaves, I want a replacement who can set up a new program, and coach here for at least a decade. That ain’t Larry Brown. One, he’s a diva. Two, he’s older than Pop.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop probably prefers to got to the Nets to get a bigger microphone to talk about his pet issues.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Larry Brown, in addition to being an outstanding Xs and Os coach, is a world class diva. The most Larry Brown story ever is that he quit his very first coaching job after a few weeks, because they wouldn’t re-carpet his office, he also never stays anywhere very long. If Pop leaves, I want a replacement who can set up a new program, and coach here for at least a decade. That ain’t Larry Brown. One, he’s a diva. Two, he’s older than Pop.
    Same here. A Mike Tomlin to Pop's Bill Cowher.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One lottery protected 1st seems likely, two 1st's could be possible.

It probably wouldn't be this year's pick, but possibly their 2021 and 2023 pick.
    I'm sure that the nets would rather give up their pick in the 2020 draft, rather than the 2021... The quality of the 2021 draft is expected to be so much better.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Budenholzer was the ideal Pop replacement. He passed up coaching jobs just to stay with the Spurs longer than he should have. Spurs screwed up by not sending Pop to the glue factory much earlier when Bud was available after his stint in Atlanta.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure that the nets would rather give up their pick in the 2020 draft, rather than the 2021... The quality of the 2021 draft is expected to be so much better.
    Its hard to say, with the uncertain NBA date, to know whether this Pop situation- if its fair to call it that- will resolve itself before the draft. The 19th pick would obviously be nice to have, but the 2021 and 2023 picks might be more likely.

I'm sure the Nets would like to hold onto that pick too and be more willing to move future picks and I'm not sure that they'd be thinking about the quality of those future drafts when making that decision. Bird in the hand, and all that. Spurs might also prefer the future picks too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't Pop already the league's highest paid coach??

I can't see him going to New Jersey. It would be a Phil Jackson-esque move, and I don't put Pop in that category of person. I think what he created in San Antonio is all Pop, the legacy and the imprint he's made on this league all runs through San Antonio. He's certainly not someone who I could pretend to know what makes him tick, but he seems too sincere and genuine to leave what he's created. My guess is that he's going to see this thing through to an uptick in the rebuild and then retire. A couple more years perhaps.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is president of basketball operations. Why would he trade himself to another team and make them worse by losing picks ?
    Bryn says o.
    Not defending the trey when up 2 with under 10 seconds says o.
    Bryn n Patty as a perimeter defending duo says o.
    Patty is an NBA team leader but Kwa is not.' says o.

We could go on.

But ya, this is just journalist going for hits.
    He's not leaving. And no one in the Spurs org is taking away Grandpas driving.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Pop leaves the Spurs he will be headed to a northern California vineyard.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nahh... Pop ain't going anywhere unless he is retiring. He is in that golden age where (local/team) people and the relationships he has with them are more valuable to him than money, especially with the unfortunate passing of his wife. And the biggest proponent of him staying would be Tim Duncan still being around - he definitely wouldn't leave if Tim is going to stay on as coach.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nets are in win now mode they got a window of about 3 to 4 years they need to add veterans if they want a chance at winning a le late draft picks are not going to help them.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Told you so. He's gone. The spurs better get some picks back in return

Thread Information