Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
    Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Let the record reflect they were originally positioning this violent low-life as a hero breaking up a fight before police decided to shoot him.

LeBron was asking why they didn't use non lethal force.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    [/B]

Then listen & comply to them instead of doing the opposite
    Sure, agreed. But if children dont they aren't wiped out of existence our generally use excessive discipline. You know why their union is not rxempt from review and they are hel accountable byvparebts. Police are almost untouchable.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I wish white people just picked their own damn cotton
    Lol

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    literally accomplishes nothing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Let the record reflect they were originally positioning this violent low-life as a hero breaking up a fight before police decided to shoot him.

Did he have training to be a cop and how quick they have to think and the guy was resting
    I do think 7 shots was unnecessary though

James did not even go to college

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We all have jobs to do. Their job is to play basketball for obscene amounts of money. Do it, or NOT. But 1 way or another it will have ZERO impact on policy, or change in culture on issues of race.. The Senate is NOT voting on mass reform because NBA players won't suit up.. It's not like the players have any leverage long term.. Unless they don't want their 5,10,15,20, 30 plus million dollar salaries.. You think the kids coming into the league are thinking about giving up their hoop dreams, and money to protest for BLM? I am sure the Ball Kid is thinking that right now..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Gee What a Shock..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is Nathan still here?

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Truth be told, the only way something gets done is if the NFL boycotts happen.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    We're about to see what these s are really made of. The season NEEDS to be cancelled. If you play then it's all for naught. Put your money where your mouth is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're about to see what these s are really made of. The season NEEDS to be cancelled. If you play then it's all for naught. Put your money where your mouth is.
    And what will that accomplish? You think Senators care if basketball players won't dribble and shoot?

Work or don't work.. They give ZERO s.. That's an NBA and Owners problem..

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Look at this absolute dumbass comparing America now to 19th century America. He seems to be implying is worse now.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LeBron was eager to spread news about the innocent black man that got shot after breaking up a fight. He hasn't pushed any tweets with the facts yet. I'll be patient.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did he have training to be a cop and how quick they have to think and the guy was resting
    I do think 7 shots was unnecessary though

James did not even go to college
    I don't really care if someone goes to college tbh

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its funny how LeBron has a lot of pictures with books in his hand, but hes always reading the first page. Lol

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a theatrics ...

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They do boycott and making things worse. Nice job.

How come all of sudden things that were happening all the time makes pro athletes not going to work?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its funny how LeBron has a lot of pictures with books in his hand, but hes always reading the first page. Lol
    LMAO

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Seriously, do cacs here actually think the media is biased against cacs?

They're so blatantly trying to preserve White Supremacy, it's embarrassing

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I know this issue has become almost impossible to talk about, with emotions running so high, and an inability to understand each other, but I'll give it a try, even though I might fail more than most. I am someone that has spent my life living both in Europe and in the US for large periods, and I'd like to think I have some opinions from how this all looks on the outside.

1) Let me start with the most basic fact to me. The US is NOT a systemically and ins utionally racist country! In fact, it is by far the most successful society in the world in integrating newcomers and people of different backgrounds and putting them on a successful life path. None of the European countries, often seen as a form of social welfare paradise, comes even close to achieving the same type of integration, even though (or maybe because) they have few less people with an immigration background. The level of success that immigrant from East Asia, South Asia, South-East Asia, Eastern Europe, and, most importantly Africa, - all regions with immense polical and social problems - have achieved in the US, and nowhere else, is a testament to this.

Therefore, calls for a complete overhaul of the country, re-writing of the cons ution, etc., will not only fall on def ears, they will most likely provoke backlash, and for good reasons. This is important because in order to make social changes, a movement has to engage most of society, instead of turning against it. And the US' ability to provide opportunities for people from all backgrounds must be cheered and highlighted, and put to good use, instead of denied and vilified.

2) Unfortunately, BLM, and other social movements coming from the left, are positioning themselves constantly as oppononents to the rest of society. Whether demanding white people leave their diners, or trivial issues like changing the way people use "male/female", movements will fail and antagonize the rest of society if they don't create a goal which benefits us all. Therefore, calls for "defunding the police" will be seen as outright dangerous from people that depend on the safety and security that police provides. This is bound to end in failure. MLK or Nelson Mandela's to other parts of their society was that integration of blacks would not hurt anyone, instead it would create stronger and more powerful societies from which all could benefit. Mandela even chose the rugby national team, a symbol for the white population of South Africa, as an example of how the integration of blacks could lead to more success for all of the country.

I think Donald Trump needs to be defeated. Whatever his policies, his tone, his behavior, his comments, are not what a society needs during crisis. Instead of lending a hand, he's way too hapy to throw gasoline on a fire and make a situation worse. As a President, he needs to do better. Unfortunately, the behavior of many from the left will not seem more concilliatory and rational to everyday people either. There is no way that a constant barrage of labeling everyone who disagrees with a movement as "racists/sexist/ phobe/transphobe/islamophobe, etc" will create any sort of movement that will be wide and large in its support.

3) NBA players need to be careful here. They need to come up with a clear agenda on how the issues that matter to them can be addresses, and can be done in a way that their communities can benefit from it. Otherwise, simpy deciding to stop playing because there are events that make them sad will not, and should not, be perceived by the rest of society as anything but a childish outburst by a few privileged millionaires which might hurt the league itself in the long-run.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i'm a big lebron fan but

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish white people just picked their own damn cotton
    Many did.....

Thread Information