Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Literally the only thing that's changed is that people will take NBA players' opinions on social/political issues even less seriously now, because they couldn't stick to their principles for longer than a day.
    Also now that the ratings are down 50% I expect them to be down even more after this 13 year old temper tantrum. I tried to watch the playoffs...really didnt mind about the jersey changes and BLM but there's a point you're just not into it anymore. Lebron made the Lakers such an unlikable team at this point also.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    What’s missing from this picture is the butt-plug on the coffee table

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    What’s missing from this picture is the butt-plug on the coffee table
    there's a difference between telling someone how to use a screw and screwdriver, and telling someone to quit re edly using screwdrivers on nails.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    these coon ass nigs

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Great post beside the part about Trump needing to be defeated tbh.
    I get it why people voted for him. I know quite well a lot of extremely smart and thoughtful people who simply shut up at their working place, don't talk to pollsters or colleagues, because they know that if they disagree with whatever new woke trend exists out there, they will be labeled, they will lose their career, and their business will need to shut down. Them, and not the "idiotic rednecks" which the media focuses on are the type of people who made Trump's victory possible. A lot of them are immigrants to the US, who worked hard as , and have achieved the type of success and a living standard that is beyond any dream they had in their countries of origin. What the US provided them with, no other country in the world ever could.

But there is also something to be said about providing a calming voice, toning down the rhetoric, and not inflaming it further even if you disagree with a lot of what is being said. A president should do that more than most. It doesn't cost much to provide a reconciliatory speech during these times, accept that police actions which go too far should be reviewed and if mistakes were made, then there should charges. In fact, by doing so, it only highlights even further the extremist on the other side.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is probably the worst season ever to be a Laker or Clipper fan tbh...one of these teams is holding up a trophy in all likelihood end of the season and got robbed of that.
    look who is already working dat agenda for the future

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    "Calming down the rhetoric" would have to be a bipartisan effort for it to actually work, and we all know the left will never do that.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great post beside the part about Trump needing to be defeated tbh.
    👍👍

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

But there is also something to be said about providing a calming voice, toning down the rhetoric, and not inflaming it further even if you disagree with a lot of what is being said. A president should do that more than most. It doesn't cost much to provide a reconciliatory speech during these times, accept that police actions which go too far should be reviewed and if mistakes were made, then there should charges. In fact, by doing so, it only highlights even further the extremist on the other side.
    C'mon man, look at what MSM & the liberal left has been doing for the last 3+ years.. they have literally been doing the opposite of what you're suggesting should be done. As CN said, this is a bipartisan issue & the left will never do that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bucks players reading their statement off a piece of paper like it's a high school book report

My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    Buck status: BROKEN

Big Daddy Shlomo says jump, monkeys ask how high? Big daddy ain’t whitey and they know it.

Believe.
    My Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Post Count
    Hmm. Speaking up about China, these es sided with China. them

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Literally the only thing that's changed is that people will take NBA players' opinions on social/political issues even less seriously now, because they couldn't stick to their principles for longer than a day.
    Agreed it's a terrible look for the NBA players. They lost great credibility and weakened themselves by not going through with cancelling the playoffs. It now looks childish and silly that they just postponed the games and brought all this attention upon themselves.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I get it why people voted for him. I know quite well a lot of extremely smart and thoughtful people who simply shut up at their working place, don't talk to pollsters or colleagues, because they know that if they disagree with whatever new woke trend exists out there, they will be labeled, they will lose their career, and their business will need to shut down. Them, and not the "idiotic rednecks" which the media focuses on are the type of people who made Trump's victory possible. A lot of them are immigrants to the US, who worked hard as , and have achieved the type of success and a living standard that is beyond any dream they had in their countries of origin. What the US provided them with, no other country in the world ever could.

Amen. Even if you agree with the wall tax breaks etc.
    What does it hurt to offer a few words of reconciliation or healing in a very turbulent time?
    I get he has not been given a fair shake by main stream media but some of that he brought on himself ...but even if its a bunch of fake news we expect our POTUS to rise above it. The bushes were Republicans even more conservative in their core values and did not fan the flames the way Trump does.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Joe and Kamala both push false racial narratives. They aren't going to tone down anything.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Another example of Biden pushing false racial narratives.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Today’s NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody boycotted the day they shot Jacob Blake. Or the day after. It wasn’t an emotional punch like Kobe’s death. They waited until it became the biggest story in the country, so it was all a premeditated stunt. They made threats of ending the season and then they almost immediately backed off. They handled this the wrong way at literally every step.
    Could be but I’m not sure if the story made critical mass and have all the necessary information. I didn’t know about it until two rays ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now NHL postponing weekend games.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Brian Urlacher

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is sadly our culture today.. I am not Happy.. So rather than work through it, lets quit..
    Yea, already in US you have black lives more important and that's making things worse cause it's not saying we are all the same. It's separates people from the get go. I assume no white man was killed on Planet Earth that time.

Stopping economy and not playing will not do much. There always gonna be a problem with accepting people that are not like we are. You see it everywhere and it's not color of skin related.

Tell your boss you not going to work cause life is not fair and there is injustice. He might say you are right and you can come back when the problem will be resolved and there will be peace in the world.
    but idk

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Joe and Kamala both push false racial narratives. They aren't going to tone down anything.
    Why does everyone always deflect?
    Even if Biden wins that change comes in 2021.
    Trump is our president NOW he is the one that should be calming not stirring the waters. Anytime an honest critique is lobbed at Trump his defenders bring up Obama Hillary or now Biden. Only Trump has the ability now to make a difference.
    Not everything is political just be a good person and show empathy over ego.
    I dont love Bifen as a candidate if Trump showed more morals and a better plan for r
    Actually MAGA he would earn my vote be he hasnt so he probably wont.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is sadly our culture today.. I am not Happy.. So rather than work through it, lets quit..
    dude you should take a chill pill tbh.. not sure why you are so upset.. how this boycott is impacting your life that much that you spend last 48 hours having a tantrum about black millionaires athlete protesting and refusing to play ? do you have any financial interest in that ? you are mad because those black dudes don't want to entertain you anymore ?

smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dude you should take a chill pill tbh.. not sure why you are so upset.. how this boycott is impacting your life that much that you spend last 48 hours having a tantrum about black millionaires athlete protesting and refusing to play ? do you have any financial interest in that ? you are mad because those black dudes don't want to entertain you anymore ?

smh
    Brazil avec les bons

I know that's not the right translation
    Last edited by lefty; 08-28-2020 at 09:25 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

smh

Players have emotions. It’s a mistake to boycot but is it really that difficult to understand why they’re boycotting?

Fans sometimes can be en led pieces lf . Them being millionaire doesnt mean they need to just be be greatful and shutup and play.

Thread Information