Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both wrong.

Jacob Blake, the Kenosha man, whose police shooting has led to fatal riots in Kenosha, Wisconsin, was found by the Wisconsin Department of Justice (DOJ) Division of Criminal Investigation (DCI) to have had a weapon on the floorboard of his vehicle.

I was wrong too. It wasn't two officers who were shot in a similar incident - it was three.

National File recently reported on a similar story in Pennsylvania, where uncooperative suspects walked away from officers and retreated to their vehicles, only to open fire on police immediately after.Three officers were wounded in the incident.
    Reaching down into his car...knife on the floorboard...Isn't that the definition of reaching for a knife? Or do you mean the weapon on the floorboard wasn't a knife?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point anyone supporting the NBA is funding leftist propaganda.
    If you're done with the NBA, then be done with it. Why are you here?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea, except a Class A misdemeanor (which is where this will end up on the open carry charge) isn't gonna get him prison time...but you can fantasize...i mean dream..
    No. . This kid commited murder. You really think this kid isn't gonna get prison time? Let's just say you better hope he does, because if he doesn't, is really going to pop off.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reaching down into his car...knife on the floorboard...Isn't that the definition of reaching for a knife?
    I grabbed the wrong quote. No worries.

He wasn't fighting that hard to get into his car to eject a CD.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Action and reaction. The guy with the Glock shouldn't have been there, either. The people burning down shouldn't have been there. Eventually, other people are going to react. Your position is, "If you just stay out of our way while we loot and burn, there won't be any trouble."

That's a stupid position.
    You are familiar with the prohibition of citizens taking the law into their own hands, no? Any rioters or arsonists that have broken the law are subject to arrest and prosecution by police. Random out of state 17 year olds illegally carrying weapons (across state lines) don't get to be Johnny Cop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is zero chance I'd find that kid guilty of anything resembling murder. Every video I've seen is clear as day self defense.
    You can't claim self defense if you're the one looking for a fight. The kid had zero reason to be there. Was he a business owner? A law enforcement officer? No.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. . This kid commited murder. You really think this kid isn't gonna get prison time? Let's just say you better hope he does, because if he doesn't, is really going to pop off.
    Unless there is evidence we haven't yet seen (which I readily admit is a possibility), this isn't murder and he won't be convicted of that. So I hope he gets off on that even if ' pops off', because he isn't guilty of that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. You clearly know about this fools social media rants and the law. He is a white supremacist punk that has had a hard on for violence for years and finally lived out his fantasies. He's been charged with 1st degree homicide. Mother er is going to prison. Bang me in the ass prison to be exact.

ing MAGATs galore up in this mofo.
    Just a bunch of clowns fantasizing about a race war when they'll be the first fat asses shot dead.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't claim self defense if you're the one looking for a fight. The kid had zero reason to be there. Was he a business owner? A law enforcement officer? No.
    he has as much right to be there as the rioters who didn't have businesses nor were law enforcement. We also don't know he was looking for a fight... no video or interview he did before the altercation illustrates that. If that evidence exists and comes to light then my opinion will change...so far it hasn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And something that I am not reading, or hearing at all is, how about they would be completely screwing over the fans. An agreement was made. The NBA fully held up their end of the deal. They provided a safe place for you to finish the season. The players made promises. Now they just get to bail, and the fans are supposed to be completely cool with that? We are heading for a long standing labor dispute, and lock out over this. People are acting like this isn’t a business.
    They agreed to re-start the season on a contingent that they could use their platform to advance social issues. Ending the season abruptly, for the same reasons makes sense but does deprive fans. Still, I think most fans would understand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the NBA alienated China. And now they are trying to alienate the U.S. Its not a smart business move by any stretch. I’m ok with players taking a stance and boycotting and all that. But they cost themselves hundreds of millions of dollars and in the long run, that’s not going to help anybody in their community. It takes money to fix things. Also people really downplay how much local politics play an integral part of our lives. Never understood the obsession with National politics when it’s local politics that do the most damage to you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where was the self defense brigade at when trayvon martin was stalked and had to use self defense on a grown creep?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he has as much right to be there as the rioters who didn't have businesses nor were law enforcement. We also don't know he was looking for a fight... no video or interview he did before the altercation illustrates that. If that evidence exists and comes to light then my opinion will change...so far it hasn't.
    Bro, everything in this kids past shows that he was looking for trouble or to be a hero. He knew what the protest/riots are about and yet he still went out of his way to go there with a firearm that he owned illegally. I hope you're not being wilfully ignorant. I have no horse in this race, two wrongs don't make a right. What this kid did was wrong, very wrong.

If his defense is he feared for his life, how? That's like me and you agreeing to fight, you show up to the location with a gun and shoot me because you feared for your life. I mean come on man.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice. Obtuse much?

There was a clear implication in my don't bend over quip:
    Don't break the law by murdering ppl, get charged, get convicted, and go to jail.

And you're right, IDGAF if a white supremacist that **murders** 2 ppl and blows the arm off another has to take some uncomfortable prison love sausage every morning. Ideally it's black and large and heavily seasoned.

He shouldn't have been there. His actions permanently ended two lives, severely altered another's, and three families have to deal with those things.
    There is zero evidence of your white supremacy claim.

This is also irrelevant in a case of self defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They agreed to re-start the season on a contingent that they could use their platform to advance social issues. Ending the season abruptly, for the same reasons makes sense but does deprive fans. Still, I think most fans would understand.
    The league has bent over backwards for BLM. The players had numerous chances to opt out.. They agreed to finish the season.. And Fans just want Basketball.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Action and reaction. The guy with the Glock shouldn't have been there, either. The people burning down shouldn't have been there. Eventually, other people are going to react. Your position is, "If you just stay out of our way while we loot and burn, there won't be any trouble."

That's a stupid position.
    We can't blame the mob for attacking someone with a gun. We must denounce self defense and blame the victim for getting attacked because "he should not have been there" .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bro, everything in this kids past shows that he was looking for trouble or to be a hero. He knew what the protest/riots are about and yet he still went out of his way to go there with a firearm that he owned illegally. I hope you're not being wilfully ignorant. I have no horse in this race, two wrongs don't make a right. What this kid did was wrong, very wrong.

If his defense is he feared for his life, how? That's like me and you agreeing to fight, you show up to the location with a gun and shoot me because you feared for your life. I mean come on man.
    And the rioters weren't there looking for trouble? The truth is everything in his past doesn't point to that and it doesn't matter about his past or the past of the rioters. What matters is the incident...all the video shows that this was self defense. As for your analogy, if someone showed up at location and I had a gun...and they were dumb enough to attack me as I tried to retreat to avoid a fight..... they'd die and I'd eat a sandwich when it was over and not regret it for a second.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're done with the NBA, then be done with it. Why are you here?
    Because I still use the Spurs politics forum.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be honest, I was devastated when March Madness was cancelled due to COVID. That, in my opinion, is the most exciting time to watch a championship in all of sports. The NBA playoffs, by comparison, are too long and stale and boring. Don't get me wrong, if the Spurs are in it, then I'll watch. I am a life long Spurs fan, but cancelling the playoffs when the Spurs aren't in it is just fine with me, especially with football season getting set to start...fantasy football.

The NBA is going to lose the casual fan and it is going to take a long time to get it back.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When a violent mob is chasing you and trying to knock you out you can claim self defense.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fun fact. All 3 gots that were shot by a teen got were criminals.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the NBA alienated China. And now they are trying to alienate the U.S. Its not a smart business move by any stretch. I’m ok with players taking a stance and boycotting and all that. But they cost themselves hundreds of millions of dollars and in the long run, that’s not going to help anybody in their community. It takes money to fix things. Also people really downplay how much local politics play an integral part of our lives. Never understood the obsession with National politics when it’s local politics that do the most damage to you.
    They should cease all business with China if they want any credibility.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can't blame the mob for attacking someone with a gun. We must denounce self defense and blame the victim for getting attacked because "he should not have been there" .
    I'm not defending the shooter, but I think we could all say that the none of the mob should have been there. Torching businesses that belong to people that were entirely uninvolved in the police shooting is so misguided and indefensible.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fun fact. All 3 gots that were shot by a teen got were criminals.
    Yes, but that's irrelevant. He didn't know that when he shot them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Were the two deaths white people? I didn't think that mattered as much.

Thread Information