Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might be the first one of many cancelled games...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA just announced that all tonight’s games are postponed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RIP the NBA. So I take it that tomorrow’s game will also be canceled?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what does this mean for the games tomorrow and the next game? Are they going to play in those games and forget about today?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RIP the NBA. So I take it that tomorrow’s game will also be canceled?
    I know Raptors and Celtics were also talking about boycotting their first game tomorrow, so it might be the case yup.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boycotting just one game doesn't move any needles. But sitting out indefinitely begs the question: what will it take for them to come back?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess good news for Dallas fans lets some of there players heal up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What happened?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right-wing Militia killed two protestors in Kenosha (about 60km from Milwaukee) last night and the cops just let him walk through their line and go back home

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right-wing Militia killed two protestors in Kenosha last night and the cops just let him walk through their line and go back home
    But it's just fake news until Luguentz Dort weighs in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right-wing Militia killed two protestors in Kenosha (about 60km from Milwaukee) last night and the cops just let him walk through their line and go back home
    I heard they were not protesters but rioters ing up a car lot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the protest was against the shooting of Jacob Blake by a cop in the same city.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boycotting this game will really help get the message...to no one. But it doesn't really matter to me because I had no plans to watch the Bucks/Magic yawn fest. Now the Mavs/Clippers, that's a series I'm interested in watching so hopefully they don't boycott.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I heard they were not protesters but rioters ing up a car lot
    The shooter was some 17 YO re incel from out of state. In other words, it wasn’t his ing car lot to defend. He has been charged with first degree murder. The cops supposedly told the Boogaloo Bois they would push the protestors towards them. The cops got what they wanted, and this stupid kid is going to spend the rest of his life in prison being butt ed by Aryan Nation weightlifters. Oh well, at least he won’t be celibate any more.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone taking a firearm to a protest is just NOT playing with a full deck of cards glad he was arrested and hopefully spends the rest of his life rotting in jail. Only good thing is that him being locked up will help the gene pool get stronger since he can’t produce any kids.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The shooter was some 17 YO re incel from out of state. In other words, it wasn’t his ing car lot to defend. He has been charged with first degree murder. The cops supposedly told the Boogaloo Bois they would push the protestors towards them. The cops got what they wanted, and this stupid kid is going to spend the rest of his life in prison being butt ed by Aryan Nation weightlifters. Oh well, at least he won’t be celibate any more.
    I've seen 2 bits of online video, which strongly suggest he has a decent self defense case... You might want to wait on your assumptions until we have a trial.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For sure it should’ve been the owner and not that kid to protect the property, he should’ve let them torch it I guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've seen 2 bits of online video, which strongly suggest he has a decent self defense case... You might want to wait on your assumptions until we have a trial.
    He was the only one shooting, and the BBs were the only ones openly carrying/ brandishing firearms. You don’t get off a perfect head shot in a self defense situation. Doesn’t happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boycotting this game will really help get the message...to no one. But it doesn't really matter to me because I had no plans to watch the Bucks/Magic yawn fest. Now the Mavs/Clippers, that's a series I'm interested in watching so hopefully they don't boycott.
    I mean its on the front page of CNN, ABC, CBS and NBC news. So it clearly has.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said it before, it's stupid to act like this is the real playoffs.

They should have just called it a BLM tournament and raise money for charities and let those who didn't want to participate not show up. Covid and isolation are hard enough but then you throw in the social implications, I don't blame the players for not being 100% focused.

End the season already!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean its on the front page of CNN, ABC, CBS and NBC news. So it clearly has.
    Oh, it will get coverage, but it won't change anything. That's my point. Most people don't care if the Bucks play the Magic tonight or in 6 months. They don't care. And it's certainly not going to change anyone's opinions. So it's just a needless cancellation of a game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone taking a firearm to a protest is just NOT playing with a full deck of cards glad he was arrested and hopefully spends the rest of his life rotting in jail. Only good thing is that him being locked up will help the gene pool get stronger since he can’t produce any kids.
    In my state, last week, there were a bunch of assholes with AR-15's outside of the state capitol protesting gun safety measures. They certainly didn't look smart tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, it will get coverage, but it won't change anything. That's my point. Most people don't care if the Bucks play the Magic tonight or in 6 months. They don't care. And it's certainly not going to change anyone's opinions. So it's just a needless cancellation of a game.
    A pro team protesting by boycotting a game is unprecedented. That's going to get widespread national attention. Its not so much to change opinions but to galvanize the people who already care to take action. Evers ( the Gov of Wisconsin) is already trying to get the state legislature to act on policing reforms.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what does this mean for the games tomorrow and the next game? Are they going to play in those games and forget about today?
    The players are meeting tonight to decide what to do. Walking out and ending the season is on the table..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't believe all the BS you hear online. This is apparently the first video,

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status...85918303580162

I can't really see what's going on, but the story is that the guy who got shot rushed him blindside, the 17 year old turned and shot... That's the kind of thing that happens if you rush an armed man in a riot. Freeze it at 51 s, you'll see, that's no "perfect head shot", the guy still has a face. 2 inches higher or to the left it's a miss.

and this is the second

https://twitter.com/i/status/1298520602630688768

That's pretty clear self defense - those guys were mobbing him, and he could reasonably expect to get beaten to death...

Thread Information