Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Count
    With yet another example of racial discrimination with the shooting of Jacob Blake, and the unlawful abuse of peaceful protesters, we MUST unify as a society. It is imperative that all people – regardless of race, religion, creed or belief – come together to say, 'Enough is enough!'

This is bigger than sports. Racism is embedded in the fabric of our nation's foundation and is a blemish on our country's history. If we are to change course and make our world a better place, we must face this problem head-on and act now to enact positive change.

It is time to accept accountability and acknowledge the ramifications of slavery and racial injustice.

Though we cannot right all the wrongs of our country's history, we can:

Arrest and charge the police officers responsible for Breonna Taylor's killing and the shooting of Jacob Blake.
    Demand that Senator Mitch McConnell bring the George Floyd Justice in Policing Act of 2020 to the Senate floor for vote.
    End qualified immunity; require body cameras; ban chokeholds and no-knock warrants; hold police accountable in court; establish a framework to prohibit racial profiling at federal, state, and local levels
    Support state- and federally-mandated CALEA Accreditation and national standards of care in policing.
    Encourage everyone to engage in the political process by registering to vote on both the local and national level. (www.risetovote.turbovote.org.)
    Demand prison sentencing reform that is fair and equitable.
    Encourage every citizen to act with respect and compliance when engaging with the police. If you feel there has been an abuse of power, we encourage you to contact your police department's internal affairs unit. (For Baltimore City, dial 410-396-2300.)

We will use our platform to drive change now – not just for our generation, but for the generations that follow, for our sons and daughters and for their children.

MY 2 CENTS:

This ridiculous blame-deflecting PR move by the Baltimore Ravens has been described as a "Powerful Statement" and "Real Action To Bring About Change". It calls for accountability by the Police and all sorts of other mandates. Only one of their suggestions (the very last one) talks about complying with or cooperating with Police. Even the wording is soft and suspect in stating "Encourage every citizen to act with respect and compliance when engaging with the police."

Encourage? How about stressing its imperative to respect the law? Not just during engagements with police officers but by not breaking the law in the first place. Is that unreasonable? Their last suggestion should have been # 1 on their list of Justice Reform. Why not work with schools on teaching young people how to interact with police officers? Teach them the difference between felonies and misdemeanors and the repercussions that go with them. Teach them EXACTLY or SPECIFICALLY what their rights are during police encounters when in a vehicle and not in a vehicle. Nothing makes a police officer back off like citizens knowing their rights & applicable laws. "I am not obligated to show you my identification or tell you my name unless you have just cause to ask for it. What information are you acting on? What is your name & badge number? Unless you intend to arrest me, am I free to go?" -- Stuff like that.

It would be ideal if we had more minority officers to police areas that reflect their own race. Maybe then, when violence erupts over perceived injustice, the first words out of complainants' mouths won't be "racist" or "black lives matter" or hearken back to slavery and years & years of oppression.

I whole-heartedly agree there needs to be different training for police officers. There needs to be a middle-ground between physically constraining a suspect and just point-blank shooting them in the back. Standard operating procedures need to be reviewed and changed if proven to be ineffective, abusive or worse - deadly. Police officers should have consistent reviews of their performance and any complaints lodged against them. Abuse of authority cannot be tolerated.
    Last edited by tmtcsc; 08-28-2020 at 11:01 AM.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Go Chiefs in the AFC tbh

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I am not sure how the predominately black sports return to normal.

The more the owners push back, the more they are labeled the R-word.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I am not sure how the predominately black sports return to normal.

The more the owners push back, the more they are labeled the R-word.

you'll still watch the games when they're on tv. thats how they return to normal

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    TL;DNR

What's the problem?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    even that drunkard jim irsay gets it

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    even that drunkard jim irsay gets it

the difference is it's the 21st century and black people aren't being disproportionately oppressed. this isn't 1964. For every black dude shot or killed by a cop, there's 2-3 whites plus 1-2 hispanics. It happens.

where as, cancers of all kinds are still killing people today... disgraceful humanity hasn't learned to cure it given the industrial revolution happened some 150 odd years ago.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Last edited by FrostKing; 08-31-2020 at 11:46 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    For every black dude shot or killed by a cop, there's 2-3 whites plus 1-2 hispanics..
    Stats please.

Not that it's impossible. But please back up your comment.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Stats please.

he's right, in gross numbers, but not proportionally

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Stats please.

Problem is, this doesn't make a CNN or MSNBC, because he's white instead of black and in one of the whitest big cities in America (Grand Rapids, Michigan, >95% white pop.) If he was black this would have caused mass riots and millions in property damage due to vandalism.

The double standards are downright disgusting. It's horrible when it happens to a black guy. But it's also at least equally horrible when it happens to a white guy. That's why anyone who disagrees with "All Lives Matter" is a disgusting, two-faced hypocrite.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

Problem is, this doesn't make a CNN or MSNBC, because he's white instead of black and in one of the whitest big cities in America (Grand Rapids, Michigan, >95% white pop.) If he was black this would have caused mass riots and millions in property damage due to vandalism.

The double standards are downright disgusting. It's horrible when it happens to a black guy. But it's also at least equally horrible when it happens to a white guy. That's why anyone who disagrees with "All Lives Matter" is a disgusting, two-faced hypocrite.
    Maybe white people should also be protesting and rioting when this happens to them. When I hear "but this happens to white people too!" my reaction is OK great that's even more evidence that cops in America are out of control and we need massive police reform.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Maybe white people should also be protesting and rioting when this happens to them. When I hear "but this happens to white people too!" my reaction is OK great that's even more evidence that cops in America are out of control and we need massive police reform.
    It happens to more white people than black people, as left-of-center SR21 agreed upon as well. Yes, I know there are roughly 3x as many non-Hispanic whites are there are blacks in the USA, but the same isn't true for cities. You don't see police beating down whites very often in the whites-only places in podunk rural America.

There does need to be city police reform. All the country police I've met were really awesome, funny, golden human beings. State troopers are s, while big city police tend to have a very short temper, and it's easy to get on their bad side.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    It happens to more white people than black people, as left-of-center SR21 agreed upon as well. Yes, I know there are roughly 3x as many non-Hispanic whites are there are blacks in the USA, but the same isn't true for cities. You don't see police beating down whites very often in the whites-only places in podunk rural America.

There does need to be city police reform. All the country police I've met were really awesome, funny, golden human beings. State troopers are s, while big city police tend to have a very short temper, and it's easy to get on their bad side.
    I wasn’t arguing about the racial aspect of it, I was solely talking about cops being out of control. on that topic though, you’re naive if you think those sweet pleasant country cops in Mississippi are just as nice to black folk.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I wasn’t arguing about the racial aspect of it, I was solely talking about cops being out of control. on that topic though, you’re naive if you think those sweet pleasant country cops in Mississippi are just as nice to black folk.
    well I don't typically spend time in ty states like that (Only been to MS once in my life tbh) more like the Central Plains and Upper Midwest states. Those country and even suburban cops are as pleasant as can be.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I would not riot over something that occurred in another state. There is such a contrast in America state to state, almost different nations. I don't even feel a connection to white people in Los Angeles or San Francisco. Just too different. To me this is a local issue.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I would not riot over something that occurred in another state. There is such a contrast in America state to state, almost different nations. I don't even feel a connection to white people in Los Angeles or San Francisco. Just too different. To me this is a local issue.
    Exactly, but there were George Floyd protests in Paris, Tokyo and Sydney... to your point. I agree with you, though. Humanity is a ed-up species and it's only getting worse by the generation. I say hopefully a comet jets through the earth's magnetic field and blasts away this sorry species ( roaches and rats will survive, among many others) and the earth will be better off in the long run and ultimately with a better, less ed-up dominant intelligent species in several thousand years.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Exactly, but there were George Floyd protests in Paris, Tokyo and Sydney... to your point. I agree with you, though. Humanity is a ed-up species and it's only getting worse by the generation. I say hopefully a comet jets through the earth's magnetic field and blasts away this sorry species ( roaches and rats will survive, among many others) and the earth will be better off in the long run and ultimately with a better, less ed-up dominant intelligent species in several thousand years.
    Yes the protest were global. But only other place I saw violence was England.

That's the thing, humans have never been more educated, healthy or open minded. It is just that our standards and expectations have risen.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Damn they ruining NFL now too

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Damn they ruining NFL now too
    Wow

Yea ing right. You'll watch every sunday and post here, and make all the discussion into right wing political victim theatre per par. yall.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yea ing right. You'll watch every sunday and post here, and make all the discussion into right wing political victim theatre per par. yall.
    Meh... politics and football should be 100% completely separate. Neither left nor right. And no, the US flag is not a right wing symbol, nor the national anthem or the pledge of allegiance (yes, "under god" should be eliminated). Nobody is trotting out actual right-wing symbols like crosses, KKK and Nazi/Aryan Brotherhood/swastika flags. Nobody should be endorsing Trump or Biden or either side's cause in any of the commercials. Stick to the good ol' days of food, beer, friends and entertainment, politics-free.

You can't deny that the Left, not the right, has pushed all the envelopes and instigated all this . It started with the St. Louis Rams in 2014 but Kaepernick has made it ubiquitous since 2016. It's the left, not the right, that has started this . I'm 100% for completely getting rid of politics and political conversation in football and pro sports in general, but unfortunately BSPN / MSM has continued to pour salt on the wound.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Meh... politics and football should be 100% completely separate. Neither left nor right. And no, the US flag is not a right wing symbol, nor the national anthem or the pledge of allegiance (yes, "under god" should be eliminated). Nobody is trotting out actual right-wing symbols like crosses, KKK and Nazi/Aryan Brotherhood/swastika flags. Nobody should be endorsing Trump or Biden or either side's cause in any of the commercials. Stick to the good ol' days of food, beer, friends and entertainment, politics-free.

You can't deny that the Left, not the right, has pushed all the envelopes and instigated all this . It started with the St. Louis Rams in 2014 but Kaepernick has made it ubiquitous since 2016. It's the left, not the right, that has started this . I'm 100% for completely getting rid of politics and political conversation in football and pro sports in general, but unfortunately BSPN / MSM has continued to pour salt on the wound.
    so you want the national anthem ceremony out of sports?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    so you want the national anthem ceremony out of sports?
    It's the NATIONAL ANTHEM, jeez. It's not red or blue, black or white, left or right, Dem or GOP, etc. There is nothing about slavery, racism, sexism, phobia. Not even religion. It is for ALL Americans. Independence from the British... jeezus, I guess that's what you get when a whole generation of millennials talked and texted their way through US History class instead of actually paying attention like their ancestors.

And just because the Cons ution / original bill of rights didn't abolish slavery doesn't make the Cons ution inherently racist or evil. It wasn't a big deal of the times until half a century later. Some people just don't get it?!?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    It's the NATIONAL ANTHEM, jeez. It's not red or blue, black or white, left or right, Dem or GOP, etc. There is nothing about slavery, racism, sexism, phobia. Not even religion. It is for ALL Americans. Independence from the British... jeezus, I guess that's what you get when a whole generation of millennials talked and texted their way through US History class instead of actually paying attention like their ancestors.
    the national anthem is inherently political. just because you dont think it should be polarizing doesnt make it apolitical

the lyrics were inspired by a poem written during the war of 1812, not during the american revolution for independence. you dont even know your own history

and its an old british tune that became our anthem in the 1930's.

Thread Information