Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Just in general. They are made fresh and typically less dry.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Just in general. They are made fresh and typically less dry.
    i'm sure your average Minnesota "mexican" restaurant would just use store bought trash. The fake "mexican" food I had in Louisville Kentucky tasted like ing chef boyardee ravioli in a slightly different shape (I ordered the beef enchiladas). Note to self, never ever get "mexican" food in a state that doesn't actually border Mexico.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i'm sure your average Minnesota "mexican" restaurant would just use store bought trash. The fake "mexican" food I had in Louisville Kentucky tasted like ing chef boyardee ravioli in a slightly different shape (I ordered the beef enchiladas). Note to self, never ever get "mexican" food in a state that doesn't actually border Mexico.
    You're probably full of . Mexicans move all over the place. I've had great Mexican food in Colorado, Louisiana, and Arkansas. In fact, if you go to a reasonably successful Mexican restaurant somewhere, they should be pretty good.

And Oklahoma

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    You're probably full of . Mexicans move all over the place. I've had great Mexican food in Colorado, Louisiana, and Arkansas. In fact, if you go to a reasonably successful Mexican restaurant somewhere, they should be pretty good.

And Oklahoma
    I can see Colorado for sure because of the influx, and possibly OKC because of the proximity, but... the Deep South? I doubt it. More French speakers than Spanish speakers in Louisiana.

All I'm saying is the Mexican food experiences I've had in the Midwest over the course of my life have been downright bad. (Nebraska, Louisville, Cincinnati, Buffalo)

The place I was referring to in Louisville was called "El Nopal"... it was within a Ramada in north Louisville near the river. If you're ever in Louisville and feel like coughing up $14 on canned garbage, go for it and see what I mean.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I can see Colorado for sure because of the influx, and possibly OKC because of the proximity, but... the Deep South? I doubt it. More French speakers than Spanish speakers in Louisiana.

All I'm saying is the Mexican food experiences I've had in the Midwest over the course of my life have been downright bad. (Nebraska, Louisville, Cincinnati, Buffalo)

The place I was referring to in Louisville was called "El Nopal"... it was within a Ramada in north Louisville near the river. If you're ever in Louisville and feel like coughing up $14 on canned garbage, go for it and see what I mean.
    If I want to spend $14 on garbage, I can just your mom 28 times.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    If I want to spend $14 on garbage, I can just your mom 28 times.
    Lol. Implying you're a john at a pros ute shop.

#MiddleSchoolMentality

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Lol. Implying you're a john at a pros ute shop.

#MiddleSchoolMentality
    You think you buy them at shops?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So what salsa then? I like making one with tomatillo, serrano, chicken stock, garlic, and onion, is great on chips or chorizo and egg, or anything practically. Though I also love making a salsa with arbol, pequin, and tomatillo too. Kind of prefer that one for tacos and not chips though.
    Yeah, I like green salsas more than red. And pretty similar recipe too, sometimes I will switch out the pepper depending on what I'm making, like if I want a green chile on a burger, I will do anaheim peppers with a small serrano or jalapeno for some heat.

Like most, I like a good guacamole to go with muh chips, but sometimes I might be low an avacado or two, so a goo green salsa base is really easy to throw an avacado into for an avacado salsa.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I chuckled knowing he's googling "what do you call a pros ute shop?".

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I don't know. I've never paid for sex.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    It's not required.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Me neither. The sex with your mom is free. The $0.50 is for a plastic sack.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    The Pueblo Lindo brand at Aldi is really good. Some items there suck and some ing slap

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    I'm in CA and not MN right now. Fifteen years ago, you're probably right. But the popularization of Mexican food as well as the spread of migrants is likely improving the quality in various states. It wouldn't surprise me to find a few good Mexican restaurants in the Twin Cities. I don't recall any good Mexican restaurants when I was in MN; though there were some okay street vendors.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    I'm in CA and not MN right now. Fifteen years ago, you're probably right. But the popularization of Mexican food as well as the spread of migrants is likely improving the quality in various states. It wouldn't surprise me to find a few good Mexican restaurants in the Twin Cities. I don't recall any good Mexican restaurants when I was in MN; though there were some okay street vendors.
    Check out this post from derp

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Plenty of Mexican food to be had in CA, but you have to go to the central valley (highway 99) to get the good, authentic, (not ironically) cheap stuff like you'd find in San Antonio.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Check out this post from derp
    You are a very emotionally unadvanced person, dude. It's pretty sad to behold.
    Last edited by Spurtacular; 09-05-2020 at 09:10 AM.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Plenty of Mexican food to be had in CA, but you have to go to the central valley (highway 99) to get the good, authentic, (not ironically) cheap stuff like you'd find in San Antonio.
    There's some hole in the wall places here that are marginally better than the chain restaurants. Maybe I haven't had the best of the best, but there tends to be a ceiling for me for Mexican food. It's not like BBQ where you have it and it's pretty dang good but then you go to some hole in the wall place and it's totally next level.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    College
    Oregon State Beavers
    Chili’s used to have great chips but I haven’t been to one in over 10 years.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Chili’s used to have great chips but I haven’t been to one in over 10 years.
    I went to Chilli's for the first time in about that long the other day.
    But I didn't have any chips to say. Don't think I've ever had chips at Chilli's for that matter tbh.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    There's some hole in the wall places here that are marginally better than the chain restaurants. Maybe I haven't had the best of the best, but there tends to be a ceiling for me for Mexican food. It's not like BBQ where you have it and it's pretty dang good but then you go to some hole in the wall place and it's totally next level.
    That's exactly what I was talking about.

You pay roughly half the price for fresher, less industrialized/ins utionalized food, made by real cooks instead of prepared in factories and warmed up by lame chain restaurant line "cooks". And you're supporting small business instead of corporatocracy. Who cares if there's a few cobwebs in the ceiling corner and mold or mildew near the corners of the lower part of the walls? If the food is twice as good for half the price, you're getting a great deal IMO.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    College
    Oregon State Beavers
    I went to Chilli's for the first time in about that long the other day.
    But I didn't have any chips to say. Don't think I've ever had chips at Chilli's for that matter tbh.
    They made them fresh every day here. Very good.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Chili's could be the tiest chain restaurant not named Denny's in the US.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Chili's could be the tiest chain restaurant not named Denny's in the US.
    Not as long as Applebees is in existence

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Not as long as Applebees is in existence
    Agreed on that one

Applebees and TGI Fridays are the worst of their genre